Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you setup a Direct Debit on a Demand-Deposit AC

Options
  • 28-07-2020 9:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

As per question in subject. I have a demand deposit account setup to keep some funds outside of my current account. If I were to give the IBAN of this account on a direct debit mandate form, would the company have any problems drawing payments from this account?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

As per question in subject. I have a demand deposit account setup to keep some funds outside of my current account. If I were to give the IBAN of this account on a direct debit mandate form, would the company have any problems drawing payments from this account?

Standing order would be your best bet!!

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭TommyGrealy

Sirsok wrote: »

Standing order would be your best bet!!
    Thanks Sirsok, it's a loan repayment so the lender will probably insist on a DD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Eve

Hi Tommy, thanks for reaching out to us here on Boards.ie. 

A Demand Deposit Account is generally set up for the purpose of saving and so it wouldn’t be possible to have a direct debit payment set up on this account. 

You’d certainly be able to set up a direct debit payment on your current account by providing the lender with the IBAN for this account. 

I hope this information helps. If you’ve any further queries please feel free to get back in touch with us here, we’ll certainly help as best we can. 

Thanks, Eve 

Advertisement