Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tired of having that strip of grass along the edge cause your auto mower cant mow it?

Options
  • 28-07-2020 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭

You know the way you can't put your boundary wire right to the edge of your lawn cause the mower will slip off the edge if you do! If the mower approaches the wire at 90deg then there is no problem. Its only when it comes along at a very shallow approach vector that the wheel will slip off the edge before the mower senses the wire. But at that stage its too late. So wire well back from the edge is the only answer. But of course that means strimmer every few weeks. But what if you could make the mower only approach from 90deg or close to that?

Have a theory that going to try now that I have a new boundary wire ready to install. I'm thinking if I put in the wire in a shape similar to a right angle sawtooth. sort of like ____[]____[]____. You get the idea. The bit that sticks out only a few mm apart ( not so close as to cause them to cancel each other out but not too far apart as to have little strips of grass along the edge. That way not the mower can only enter each 'corridor' at 70deg or greater and means the flat part of the boundary wire can be right up to the edge. Obviously down side is the wire has to be tacked onto the surface. Thoughts anyone?

Advertisement