Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Walker tv - Saorview/Freesat

• 28-07-2020 11:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I have a one yr old 40 inch walker smart tv and it tunes all saorview channels except for RTE1.
    I'm using a passive splitter to another tv and I get all the channels to the 2nd tv through a saorview box.
    When initially setup I had all saorview channels for a couple of weeks then I lost rte1. I've tried fine tuning and rescan but no joy.

I'm thinking I need an antenna with a higher gain? but not sure if it's due to the tuner.
    Also, a family member got the same smart tv last week and cannot pickup any saorview channels. A saorview box on the otherhand picks up all channels.
    Would any comms ppl have any recommendations and an idea what's causing the problem?

Is the antenna the issue - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/192912348111

Red Group A UHF antenna

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

I'm using a passive splitter to another tv and I get all the channels to the 2nd tv

Swap the cables coming out of the splitter to see if there is any change.
    Also try bypassing the splitter to check.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭leinster93

[HTML][/HTML]
    Swap the cables coming out of the splitter to see if there is any change.
    Also try bypassing the splitter to check.

Thanks. Will look at that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

leinster93 wrote: »
    I'm thinking I need an antenna with a higher gain? but not sure if it's due to the tuner.
    Also, a family member got the same smart tv last week and cannot pickup any saorview channels. A saorview box on the otherhand picks up all channels.
    Would any comms ppl have any recommendations and an idea what's causing the problem?

Is the antenna the issue - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/192912348111

Red Group A UHF antenna

Possible weaker signal when split with the passive splitter, maybe the Saorview box has a more sensitive tuner for the weaker signal. Could be an aerial, cable or connection issue. Is it possible to physically check the aerial connections and cabling for bad connection, corrosion water ingress etc.?

Can you try a powered distribution in place of the passive splitter?

Regarding the aerial, what is your local transmitter?
    Group A covers from UHF21-37, if receiving frequencies above this use a Group K.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭leinster93

Thanks for the reply... Am west Dublin located. Antenna pointing to three rock.
    As a test will connect a new cable direct from antenna to walker tv over the next few days and see if I can get rte1.

Advertisement