Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is responsible for the locksmith fee

Options
  • 28-07-2020 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

So yesterday I went to small claim court. Ironically I was not given an opportunity to defend myself. The one who was lying all the way through won the case. The judge was an old man, basically he just checked my rental lease and told me that I actually couldn't sublet one room of the house to the woman. Hence I couldn't even charge the woman anything no matter what she did.

Five months ago, I post what happened to me after I rented a room to an Uruguayan woman from Jan to Feb. It was a total nightmare due to her abusive madness and unstable mental status. I was assaulted by her in the house after I served her a termination notice in February. From then on, she refused to move out and repetitively threatened to sue me in Small Claim Court.

On 29th of Feb, she refused to move out at the said time. As it was the last day of the month, I had people coming over to view the room. It was really urgent as the next day I need to pay the whole rent for the house. She locked herself in the room and refused to leave or let me show the room to anyone. (a good friend from Boards.ie came to the house to support me. I am very grateful to him)

So I had to apologise to those people who came to view the room and let them left without checking the room. We were sitting in the kitchen and waited for her to move out herself. The maniac woman even called garda over and lied about her being threatened to move out from the house. She knows how to attract attention in a dramatic way.

In the end, she aggressively moved out from the house, and took away all the keys, and locked the room she lived in. She left and threatened that she won't return the keys and left with a big victory evil twisted smile on her face.

So I was unable to access the room she locked as she took away the keys with her. My friend noticed the window of the room was wide open in the rain. There is nothing to do but calling a locksmith to change the lock. For the security concern, I also got the front door lock changed. It cost me €135 to get all those done. That was a day wasted on this disgusting nasty sick woman.

If you were me you would also deduct the cost of locksmith from her remaining deposit right? Not to mention all the stress and anxiety that evil woman caused. I am more than reasonable for just deducting the locksmith fee. She must come from hell and was assigned by devil to hurt kind people. Actually she really looks like an evil demon.

I refunded the remaining deposit after deducting the outstanding bills the cost of locksmith that night. At least she is out of the house and I don't need to see her ugly filthy face again.

But I was wrong, the evil returned by paying the Small Claim Court to send a letter of returning the locksmith cost which I deducted from the deposit. The day I got the letter, I sent the letter of disputing the claim to the small claim court. I DON'T owe the woman anything. She took aways all the keys purposefully. It was 8th of March.

In April, she bought a solicitor writing me a letter for refunding her the locksmith cost and threatened to bring me to court.

On 25th of May, I got another letter from Small Claim Court, it says that I need to send her the money I deducted for locksmith cost or I might need to be summoned in the court for hearing. I was shocked as I did diluting the claim with 3 pages of statement and proofs of why she forced my hands to change the locks.

So i made a phone call to the small claim court to ask what was happening. They told me they never received my letter. It was my own lack of experience that I didn't know it should be registered. I sent the letter in a normal way without register. The evil power of the evil woman worked again here. How can my letter got lost on the way to small claim court?

So I paid another €15 to appeal the case, filling all those different applications and also went to peace commissioners to get the proof and signature. This time I post letters with register. €20 for postages and envelopes cost. Another afternoon got wasted on this nasty woman.

The hearing was yesterday afternoon, 27th of July. We waited 1.5 hours in the cold court room No.8 and finally came to this ridiculous case. She shamelessly lied in front the judge about how she was frightened that was why she took away all the keys when moving out This doesn't make any sense. But the old judge was not into finding out the truth and exposing the shameless liar.

When it was my turn to speak, the judge only asked to check the rental lease. It was the old lease from Feb 2019 to Feb 2020. My landlord verbally agreed to let me sublet the extra room in the house and pay him the total rent each month. i can decide who to rent to.

However, in the lease, the subletting rule was not updated, I didn't even read the lease myself carefully. I knew this earlier then I can be well prepared and let the landlord to update the lease. As I was the subletting the rooms to housemates from 2018 since I moved into the house.

The judge spent 15 seconds to check the lease and read out the 'not allowed to sublet rule' then made the decision of forcing me return the locksmith fee cost to her.

I felt so helpless as I was not even allowed to show the judge my email proof with the landlord of noticing him about the existence of that woman. Apparently the judge didn’t care about what happened. The evil woman got no punishment at all for what she had done! This was not a fair decision that judge made. What I wanted was her apology for being abusive towards me. But I got none back and I have to pay for her faults! Sometimes justice doesn’t necessarily exist in the court. It is all up to the judge, if he prefers a Caucasian woman than an Asian lady, what I can only do here is to set peace with my frustration and forgive!

What I had experienced was very exceptional as a lunatic insane nasty woman like her should end up in mental hospital or jail instead of stepping her feet out the normal society to mess around.

I have learnt my lesson, I will read the contract very carefully before I need to sign any important contracts. What's more, be a warrior, stay strong and continuing loving this world and be kind to the people around me!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,782 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Don't crosspost. And much of this post massively fails to meet basic standards here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement