If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Streamer

Options
  • 28-07-2020 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭

Hi looking to add a streamer to my Hifi
    Have a Cyrus one and MA bronze 5 with REL T9s
    The Bluetooth Aptx in the Cyrus is good but wondering if a dedicated streamer would be better

Have my eye on a Audiolab 6000N or Node2i

Any other suggestions ?

Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi Spin,

hope all good with you?

You do know the answer to this already, you just want us to give you the final nudge :D - but TBH there is no real comparison if you are using a decent streamer over Bluetooth - I really rate the 6000N and but you would also have to look at the Cambridge CXN  - I do completely understand that it is significantly more expensive - but it's worth waiting for ( and we may be able to do you a quiet 'under the counter' Boardie voucher ;) )

If you wanted to keep the budget down - we do have one White Node 2i G1 available from Demo that we would clear at £299 if you were interested?
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203694-bluesound-node-2i-white-wireless-streaming-music-player.aspx

Keep us posted - whichever way you went you would not be disappointed ...

Thanks again Spin - great to hear from you!

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Spinone

Arrrrgg u got me thinking again , is it the V2 CXN ? Only issue is no Bluetooth as I use my phone a lot for Tidal streaming

I guess the decider would be the price

Quite interested in the node2i as it gets good reviews too

Decisions

Tks

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Spinone wrote: »
    Arrrrgg u got me thinking again , is it the V2 CXN ? Only issue is no Bluetooth as I use my phone a lot for Tidal streaming

I guess the decider would be the price

Quite interested in the node2i as it gets good reviews too

Decisions

Tks
    Hi Spinone.

You can get the bluetooth dongle for the CXN V2.
    The BT100 is bundled together for £829.
    https://www.richersounds.com/cambridge-audio-cxn-v2-lunar-grey-bt100-black.html

The BT100 usually retails at £69.95

I could squeeze this a little more for you down to £810 delivered.

For the Node 2i I could offer one for £487 delivered.

Kenny.

Hi ok thanks for the update

Is the white node ex demo still available? It’s the current one with BT HD and airplay 2 ?

Thanks

Hi ok thanks for the update

Is the white node ex demo still available? It’s the current one with BT HD and airplay 2 ?

Thanks
    Hey Spinone.

The Ex demo white Node2i is still availble.

Yes, it is the Gen 2i with BT HD and has Aiplay 2.

• Advertisement

Hi okay just to confirm on the white node that it’s G2 as previous mail mentions G1

Thanks

Hi okay just to confirm on the white node that it’s G2 as previous mail mentions G1

Thanks
    Hi Spinone.

I think that was maybe a typo by John.

The link is for the G2i and any stock showing on our system is listed as G2i, so I woudl be confident enough to say it is the G2i version.

Kenny.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Guys - for clarity:

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203694-bluesound-node-2i-white-wireless-streaming-music-player.aspx

It is not the Node 2i Gen2 - it is standard Node 2i

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Hey Spinone.

I do apologise, it seems it is the Gen 1 version. 

I had just assumed that the Gen 2i in the description meant it was the Gen 2. 
    (My bad :( )

Kenny.

Ah okay I won’t go for that so

• Advertisement

Ah okay I won’t go for that so
    No worries Spinone.

Kenny.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.