Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shooting night vision

• 28-07-2020 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Looking to get a day and night vision scope imported from the united states.
    What did I need

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Zxthinger

Bomb disposal squad because it's a minefield.
    Better off getting it from the UK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

Even the UK will want paper work if you import over here. I had two companies refuse to do buisness with me here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,059 ✭✭✭clivej

Even the UK will want paper work if you import over here. I had two companies refuse to do buisness with me here.

Got my Pard 008 sent to Parcel Motel from the UK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

clivej wrote: »
    Got my Pard 008 sent to Parcel Motel from the UK

Both shops (Scot country & ????) I dealt with initially took my order online using a parcel motel address but on each account my bank card details pinged their security checks. They both would not deliver to Ireland due to legislation.

Now this was for a -
    YUKON PHOTON RT 6X50 DIGITAL NIGHT VISION RIFLESCOPE...
    ...now weather or not a Pard add on doesn't come under the following I don't know:
    IMPORTANT INFORMATION RELATING TO LICENSING AND EXPORT CONTROLS

Please note that the export or re-export of any riflescopes or night vision systems, be it image intensified, thermal or other, above a given specification is strictly controlled by ITAR regulations. All of these systems are subject to UK Governmental Export Licensing Regulations and dependent on specification, a licence may need to be obtained prior to the export, even temporarily(e.g if you are travelling overseas with your device on holiday), from the UK.

It is the responsibility of the exporter, whether it be a company or an individual to ensure that such a licence is obtained. Failure to comply is a criminal offence. For further information please visit

[url]HTTPS://WWW.GOV.UK/GOVERNMENT/ORGANISATIONS/EXPORT-CONTROL-ORGANISATION[/url]

Or you can contact the Export Control Organisation on Tel: 020 7215 4594, Fax: 020 7215 2635 Email: eco.help@bis.gsi.gov.uk

Advertisement