Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why do people think schools are free childcare

Options
  • 28-07-2020 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭

I'm so sick of listening to people moaning about the schools not returning because they've no childcare.

School is not childcare, it's for education!

And I say this as a mother of three who split up with my husband when the youngest were 2 and 3. I never relied on schools for childcare and I worked throughout.

Schools are closed more than they're open in reality, what do these people do during the summer holidays, christmas holidays, half terms etc? Unless they're teachers themselves they need alternative childcare and they'll just have to use this if schools don't re-open fully.

Sorry for the rant but it just boils my piss.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

Because they are...

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭TuringBot47

pinkyeye wrote: »
    I'm so sick of listening to people moaning about the schools not returning because they've no childcare.

Well at least there's a minuscule chance that those people will read this and take the wildly indirect hint.

Advertisement