Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three Ireland's Customer Service

Options
  • 28-07-2020 7:19pm

When will we start boycotting companies who have taken jobs from our societies to Asia at the expense of customers?

I have contacted three 4 times during this lockdown and their customer service station which based in Mumbai are rude, want you to shut up so they can explain to you that you should be accepting what you are complaining about and are happy to tell you their organisation has never provided the service you are asking about even though that was the last service they provided to you.

As someone who last contacted Three in 2018, this is new to me as I used to get Irish agents who even though were not all perfect, they were decent at least. In this current pandemic where a lot of people here in Ireland are unemployed, it doesn't sit well with me that they are paying people in India to give bad service to their customers.

I have decided not to continue with them from the end of this month. It is a great disregard for customers when they put people who are removed from both the service they provide and the culture of their customers to resolve their queries. Also no training on how to bring customers on board the new changes that they are implementing.

No

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,536 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I had similar issues with three a few years ago.
    So, I managed to get through to their call center in Limerick and they were a lot more helphul!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,998 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

At least they still employ people in Ireland. Vodafone closed their Irish centre a few months ago, now it's all done by Egyptians.

At least they still employ people in Ireland. Vodafone closed their Irish centre a few months ago, now it's all done by Egyptians.
    What have the Romans Egyptians ever done for us!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

The last time I called three was about a decade ago and that was to India. But it was late at night (returning from nightclub to realise my phone had been stolen), so maybe they have a small operation in Ireland and overflow/out-of-hours gets routed to India.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,919 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

They overtook o2’s call centre in Limerick, but kept their call centre in Mumbai as well. It’s only a matter of time before Limerick closes.

Vodafone moves its Customer Care to Egypt (excluding its home customer care) in 2014/15.

At least Eircom are taking customer care back in house, teething problems at the moment and Covid 19 isn’t helping the situation, but it’ll improve in the coming months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

They overtook o2’s call centre in Limerick, but kept their call centre in Mumbai as well. It’s only a matter of time before Limerick closes.

Last year Three increased their staff number in Limerick to over 500 people and more growth is expected this year.

That's twice what 02 had.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,998 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

dotsman wrote: »
    ...so maybe they have a small operation in Ireland and overflow/out-of-hours gets routed to India.

No and yes, nothing small about the hundreds working on Plassey in Limerick. But only Irish daytime hours, and half of it is business support, but still consumer support there too. But yes, also India (I think).
    Vodafone moves its Customer Care to Egypt (excluding its home customer care) in 2014/15.

I worked for VF Care about 3 or 4 years ago in Limerick, I was moved quickly to the broadband support, but there was normal care support for mobile there too. But they (VF) pulled the contract this year, so all consumer care (at least) is gone to Egypt now. Great trying to explain a problem to someone who can't even pronounce my name properly (I've a normal name!).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

At least Eircom are taking customer care back in house, teething problems at the moment and Covid 19 isn’t helping the situation, but it’ll improve in the coming months.

Eir have had problems for far too long to call them teething problems or even pretend that’s what they are, if there was oscars for crappy customer service ...... and the winner is Eir!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,804 ✭✭✭Greyfox

sugarman wrote: »
    The truth is very few people want these kind of jobs in Ireland these days.

That's actually not true, customer care roles get filled easily in Ireland. Customer care gets outsourced as companies dont really see the value in it particularly when lots of customers that do the complaining don't even spend that much money on the company. All customers care about is getting stuff as cheap as possible so having sales people that can make you think your getting a great deal or ad campaigns are seen as better investments as trying to offer a good deal is all companies care about.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,804 ✭✭✭Greyfox

gogo wrote: »
    Eir have had problems for far too long to call them teething problems or even pretend that’s what they are, if there was oscars for crappy customer service ...... and the winner is Eir!

The simple fact is Eir customer care is completely understaffed and as they are in debt I don't see that ever changing. Eir are bad but there competition aren't that much better.

• Advertisement
Advertisement