Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post deliveries

Options
  • 28-07-2020 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,531 ✭✭✭✭

I'm starting to get very suspicious of my local postman (he is fairly new)

6 weeks ago an aerial cable I ordered from the UK disappeared, new one sent and received
    5 weeks ago and camera stand disappeared, new one sent - didn't bother posting it thru the letterbox (even tho it would easily fit) so went to the sorting office and original stand was there (so seems he never bothered leaving a card the first time)
    2 weeks ago a mask ordered (local Dublin) missing 10+ days - posted in the letterbox on Sunday (so not the postman)
    2 weeks ago tablet cover ordered from Germany - no sign of it.
    Ordered another mask a few days ago - expected it today (Dublin posting so next day delivery you would expect) - will wait to see if it turns up

Two other items I've ordered have been delivered fine

Am I being paranoid or is something not right here - never had a problem in the past

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Drop into the local delivery office and outline what you say above.

Probably just some lazy summer staff brought in due to volumes.

Sometimes these people are related to others in there and many are temporary, but without knowing about issues, nothing can be done by the manager

There is Sunday post in some urban areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

I used to live in an area where the first 4 letters of each street were the same, but the remainder differed quite a lot.

Went through a phase when every couple of weeks I'd get post which was addressed to either a different number on my street, or the same number but two or three streets away. I'd equally get random strangers knocking on my door to give me stuff that had been delivered to them. (My favourite was when An Post failed to correct deliver their own TV license demand).

And that's not counting the times they stuck a "you weren't home" delivery slip through the door after making no effort to actually deliver a package.

If you're in an urban area, it's quite possible your missing items were delivered to someone else nearby, but you'd have no way of knowing unless they dropped it over to you (which might explain the Sunday delivery).

• Registered Users Posts: 17,531 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Dublin city center - no streets around with similar names (well there is one named a Close but only a few houses and my number is much higher)
    This has only started since the new postman started

Still no sign of the other order posted in Dublin on Monday morning...

If nothing tomorrow I'll put in an official complaint - something is very fishy here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

Go to the sorting office and make a complaint. I had to do this as someone built a block of apartments next to me. Same name but COURT. I got their post and they got mine. It did improve and turned out to be fill in staff when my normal postman was off.

Then an extra house was built on a neighbouring plot and was called 1A, so now number 2 is the third house along, 3 is the 4th house along, etc etc.

Then they misdelivered a cheque for 1700 euro. I went down again and called for the manager. I explained my previous visit and showed him the latest letter. His face dropped when I turned it over and he saw the printed cheque that they lost. And another was a gardai fixed charge traffic fine, if that got lost, next stop court.

Just as a precaution, I now list my address as XXXX HOUSES.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I was down in my sorting office yesterday, collecting the second "sorry we missed you" delivery in as many weeks...when I WAS home and the doorbell never went!

Spoke to the manager, my regular postman has been out sick for a few weeks and as they're doing 7 day deliveries in Dublin at the moment, they are getting anyone and everyone to cover the route. Apologised and said things should go back to normal when regular guy comes back.

• Advertisement
Advertisement