Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Disposing of paint

• 28-07-2020 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭

I’m ordering a skip and it says paint can’t be put in it.
    I have lots of paint to get rid of it.
    If I can’t put it in a skip where can I dispose of it.

Thanks,

Jos

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,484 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Local civic amenity as i use Ballyogan to bring my hazardous waste to.

https://www.mywaste.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Baseball72

Depending where you are geographically, the likes of the public amenity / recycling centre in Ballyogan accepts paint and charges €5.00. - I was there recently. The recycling amenity near the 5 Lamps off of the North Strand charges €20.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭newirishman

jos_kel wrote: »

Thanks,

Jos

If you are in Dublin, the recycling centres take paint.
    See E.g. http://www.dublincity.ie/sites/default/files/content/WaterWasteEnvironment/Waste/Documents/North%20Strand%20information%20leaflet%20(PDF).pdf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,854 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

We had a skip a few years ago and they allowed you to put a few cans of paint in at the top but you had to request it.
    So, we mixed them all together into a few cans and smashed up the other cans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭Cerco

If you venture as far as Bray, the recycling centre will take it for free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,484 ✭✭✭greasepalm

And what ever way you get rid of it please dont deface our mate Luke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

them skips that get delivered are always a bit shabby and could be doing with a lick of paint...problem solved

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭LenWoods

jos_kel wrote: »

Thanks,

Jos
    old baking tray and some cling wrap
    line the baking tray with cling wrap and pour in some paint,
    allow it to dry then take out the brick and put it in the skip or domestic wheelie bin,
    repeat process if required, its not a mobile mess then its just a solid block which if mixed can be sometimes all psychedelic lookin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭dok_golf

Our local skip companies will not take OIL based paint only. Water based is ok. ( prob of no help :-) )

Advertisement