Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official PlayStation magazine

Options
  • 28-07-2020 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭

Used to get it in easons or one or two other newsagents . No one seems stock it anymore ! Last few months Iv ended up getting digital copies . Anyone know any shops that still stocking them ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,705 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Gone be the great days of desperately wanting it because of the Demo disc.

Generally in Eason's too.. Drooled looking at it but my Mam's contribution to my want of a magazine only stretched as far as Play :(

Can't imagine any interest in the hard copies bar sentiment now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭recyclops

Still remember picking up the MGS edition with the long ass demo in frascati centre Blackrock.

I'd say I played that demo daily until release.

Also the first demo of net yaroze games had a few little beauts on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

recyclops wrote: »
    Still remember picking up the MGS edition with the long ass demo in frascati centre Blackrock.

Was that the black cover with the Metal Gear Rex on he cover? I can remember vividly walking home from the local Super Valu with this in my hand dying to play the demo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Still have almost all the cover discs squirreled away somewhere. Also have some of the OPMIreland discs too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Still have almost all the cover discs squirreled away somewhere. Also have some of the OPMIreland discs too.

Ah OPMIreland. Far and away the worst print videogame magazine I've ever read. The writing was complete garbage and the letters page was 'my opinion is better than yours because I can beat FF7/MGS faster than you'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

recyclops wrote: »

I remember getting the mgs2 demo back in late 2001/early 2002.

Man I miss those mags. They were great fun. I remember PSM2 would have a dvd each month of trailers and reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭recyclops

Was that the black cover with the Metal Gear Rex on he cover? I can remember vividly walking home from the local Super Valu with this in my hand dying to play the demo

Fairly sure it was a white cover with ninja on it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

would you not get the print sub?

the covers are nicer as they don't come with all the text, well on PC Gamer anyway
    and a discount always pops up before you need to re-sub
    only downside is they are always late

https://www.myfavouritemagazines.co.uk/gaming/official-playstation-magazine-subscription/

Advertisement