Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shelbourne Hotel remove historic statues due to association with slavery - *Read OP**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

TheCitizen wrote: »
    Unfortunately not. Those quotes are what posters on here are saying and are rabidly thanking each other for.

Her behaviour suggests that she does detest white people, and her position as a lecturer in a completely nonsensical university course does leave her open to accusations of being a grifter. She's being paid a lot of money to do something of little to no importance.

If someone was a lecturer for a course on white studies they'd be equally as useless as Ebun Joseph.

You just want to see everything as being split on racial lines. That's your problem.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Hego Damask

Yep, got it in one there. I'm not here for "thanks", I'd be worried if I started getting loads of "thanks" actually. The place stinks of Far Right and Alt Right and doesn't reflect the real Ireland out there.

Is that all you can say ?

You do know that Far Right is literally KKK and Hitler territory ?
    All that is here is calling out an individual on her nonsense - nonsense that has been proved by multiple actual academics as being nonsense.

Point out one post that is actually far right, seriously ?
    If there were they would be mod actioned, and rightly so ...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,536 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

https://www.mentalhealthireland.ie/

or if you are based in the UK

https://mentalhealth-uk.org/

You;d need to Google for other international locations .

Your post is very interesting though, there is no "far right" or "alt right" - whatever the f*ck that made up term means ... on here, we are criticizing her based on what she says and does, you should check out the video of her and Niall Boylan , he really calls her out for the utter drivel she spouts.

And people like theCitizen, do you really believe it's racist to criticize black people ? or are you afraid you'll be classed as a racist if you think anything bad about black people ?

How about judging people by their actions and their character rather than the colour of their skin, a great man once said that - and in this sh1t crazy world we live in, that is considered racist nowadays!!!

Everyone is open to criticism. The terms used for criticism of this woman though are revealing; "freeloading grifter". Plenty of connotations attached to that. She can be criticised for her views without resorting to that. However with alt right/far right, they're typically not smart enough to prevent the mask from slipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

emanresu wrote: »
    https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2020/0729/1156195-shelbourne-hotel/
    https://www.rte.ie/radio/radioplayer/html5/#/radio1/11219465

"Dr Ebun Joseph said members of the black community could not afford to go to the hotel so perhaps did not know the statues even existed."

How much does it cost now to walk along the streets around St. Stephen's Green?

Ugh, such drivel. Most white folks can't afford their prices either.

Everyone is open to criticism. The terms used for criticism of this woman though are revealing; "freeloading grifter". Plenty of connotations attached to that. She can be criticised for her views without resorting to that. However with alt right/far right, they're typically not smart enough to prevent the mask from slipping.

Whats wrong with "Freeloading grifter" ? it's been explained multiple times here why people are calling her that and it's nothing to do with racism.

Tommy Robinson is a "Freeloading grifter" too .. is that racist ?

• Advertisement

Is that all you can say ?

You do know that Far Right is literally KKK and Hitler territory ?
    All that is here is calling out an individual on her nonsense - nonsense that has been proved by multiple actual academics as being nonsense.

Point out one post that is actually far right, seriously ?
    If there were they would be mod actioned, and rightly so ...

We have them here as well, The National Party an example who have been holding rallies at the GPO on Sundays recently. Thankfully they don't have much support in the real world, but they have a presence online and seem to have a strong presence on here. Most of your stuff would fit the bill.

°°°°°

We have them here as well, The National Party an example who have been holding rallies at the GPO on Sundays recently. Thankfully they don't have much support in the real world, but they have a presence online and seem to have a strong presence on here. Most of your stuff would fit the bill.

You just proved everyone's point here. Far right groups literally have nothing more than a tiny amount of support in this country.

Glazers Out!

Elaborate please ....

nullzero wrote: »
    You just proved everyone's point here. Far right groups literally have nothing more than a tiny amount of support in this country.

Not if his definition of far right is anything slightly to the right of Stalin

Whats wrong with "Freeloading grifter" ? it's been explained multiple times here why people are calling her that and it's nothing to do with racism.

It hasn't been explained. It's a typically lazy stereotype of an immigrant.

Tommy Robinson is a "Freeloading grifter" too .. is that racist ?
    Tommy has dirtied his bib with the Far Right fundamentalists in England I hear, since he decided to emigrate to Spain on the back of money he took off gullible little Englanders. You probably prefer Justin Barrett.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,856 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

There will always be a distribution of people. There will be nutters out at either extreme.

When someone is in the middle and they want to express something that they consider reasonable, and instead of debating them they are shut down and put into the box with the extreme nutters, well all that happens is that that middle-person is driven towards the extreme.

°°°°°

Tommy has dirtied his bib with the Far Right fundamentalists in England I hear, since he decided to emigrate to Spain on the back of money he took off gullible little Englanders. You probably prefer Justin Barrett.

So you just like to make up nonsense about people in your head and post it as fact?

Glazers Out!

:D wow .... seriously , seek help.

I'm off to the beach to finish my Stephen King book and have a swim, might take a few cans of Estrella too ...

There will always be a distribution of people. There will be nutters out at either extreme.

When someone is in the middle and they want to express something that they consider reasonable, and instead of debating them they are shut down and put into the box with the extreme nutters, well all that happens is that that middle-person is driven towards the extreme.

Spot on Donnie!!

Yuge yuge yuge results !! you're doing a FANTASTIC job ... a FANTASTIC job ....

nullzero wrote: »

That's what I said. They don't, but they tend to have a greater presence with discussion on social media and discussion sites like this one. They influence the overall discussion just by weight of opinion.

°°°°°

That's what I said. They don't, but they tend to have a greater presence with discussion on social media and discussion sites like this one. They influence the overall discussion just by weight of opinion.

Nobody here fits into that mould I'm afraid.
    You just assign this categorisation to anyone who disagrees with you.

Glazers Out!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 302 ✭✭Muscles Schultz

Have they put them back up yet?

It's been a while since I've such an entertaining meltdown. "aLt-rIfghtT!!!!!" because you think people disagree with you, even though you don't a single position or argument on the topic, apart from thinking we're a bunch of racists.

What a hill to die on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

It's been a while since I've such an entertaining meltdown. "aLt-rIfghtT!!!!!" because you think people disagree with you, even though you don't a single position or argument on the topic, apart from thinking we're a bunch of racists.

What a hill to die on.

It seems to be a strange position of it doesn't matter if what you say makes sense or is correct or not because it's you saying it and you have been deemed far-right or beyond the pale therefore your utterances regardless of the content must also be beyond the pale and dangerous. Attack the speaker to defeat the message. Its crude but effective.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭mick087

You do have point in this but i think you do a good job in fighting for your Courner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

She is a ‘freeloader’. She provides nothing of value or merit and is paid handsomely in return for her makey-uppy ‘role’ in UCD.

Her prime time performance was classic car crash TV. But you would never admit that. Instead you hide being accusations of racist / alt right to stifle discussion.

As a UCD alumni I am ashamed that a once august institution of learning has stooped so low to having someone of her calibre as a lecturer and as a representative on RTE.

The term ‘grifter’ is commonly used on this site to describe the likes of Tommy Robinson and what he pedals. Getting paid from conning the public. Her prime time appearance is classic grifter modus operandi.

I see no difference between his ilk and this lady, and I also don’t see you in those threads objecting to the term when applied to them, so I will continue to apply the term ‘freeloading grifter’ to this lady.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,603 ✭✭✭Yellow_Fern

For the record Irish academics ie. likes of Tom Boland, Rory Herne and Christine Cross and co. get the similar criticism.

She is a ‘freeloader’. She provides nothing of value or merit and is paid handsomely in return for her makey-uppy ‘role’ in UCD.

Her prime time performance was classic car crash TV. But you would never admit that. Instead you hide being accusations of racist / alt right to stifle discussion.

As a UCD alumni I am ashamed that a once august institution of learning has stooped so low to having someone of her calibre as a lecturer and as a representative on RTE.

The term ‘grifter’ is commonly used on this site to describe the likes of Tommy Robinson and what he pedals. Getting paid from conning the public. Her prime time appearance is classic grifter modus operandi.

I see no difference between his ilk and this lady, and I also don’t see you in those threads objecting to the term when applied to them, so I will continue to apply the term ‘freeloading grifter’ to this lady.

Her lack of knowledge about what happened with Nelson's Pillar was bad given that she brought it up. Like I said she's open to criticism. It's the terms of criticism that you're choosing which is objectionable. And then you're comparing her to Tommy Robinson, or she's as bad as Tommy Robinson, that's just more tarring of the brush from you. I never noticed you using that term for Tommy Robinson or any one else, I don't spend as much time on here as you do perhaps.

Nope, this is poor stuff from you and not for the first time. You also have a tendency to get personal and the mods just dish out cards across the board. I'll leave you to your stereotyping and use of racist tropes, as you let the mask slip.

mick087 wrote: »
    You do have point in this but i think you do a good job in fighting for your Courner.

Water off a ducks back mate. I see it for what it is around here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Her lack of knowledge about what happened with Nelson's Pillar was bad given that she brought it up. Like I said she's open to criticism. It's the terms of criticism that you're choosing which is objectionable. And then you're comparing her to Tommy Robinson, or she's as bad as Tommy Robinson, that's just more tarring of the brush from you. I never noticed you using that term for Tommy Robinson or any one else, I don't spend as much time on here as you do perhaps.

Nope, this is poor stuff from you and not for the first time. You also have a tendency to get personal and the mods just dish out cards across the board. I'll leave you to your stereotyping and use of racist tropes, as you let the mask slip.

You have lost the argument and now attempt to make it personal. Not that I haven’t seen this behaviour from you before. Disappointing but not surprising.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

TheCitizen's posts don't seem to be thanked, I guess boards must be full of alt far rightists :rolleyes:

Wait till the endoftheroad arrives the thanks counter will rise.... by the way any one see him posting on here for awhile?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

jimgoose wrote: »
    She's running around waving a Ph.D in a makey-uppey nonsense pseudo-subject from a makey-uppey nonsense pseudo-university faculty, and foisting herself onto the media every chance she gets being an angry little woman who openly detests white people.

She not only foisting herself on the media imo she is being facilitated in this by the national broadcaster and other msm outlets instead of finding someone of whatever colour (I care not which) who knows what they are talking about and can put even a semi-coherent argument forward on matters such as this.. . why is this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

She's doubling down on the statues being slave women

https://twitter.com/EbunJoseph1/status/1289127485280583681

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

Any body watch the documentary on roman art on BBC4 last night? They liked quite a bit of debauchery and sadism in their personal art while the state sponsored stuff was all about projecting the supremacism of the empire but until now sane people have appreciated it on its historical and artistic merit.

🙈🙉🙊

Advertisement