Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apps to block websites iPhone

Options
  • 29-07-2020 2:49am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭

how would I go about blocking boards on my phone so I can’t access it? Any apps for blocking websites etc.

I know within latest iOS you go into settings, screen time, content restrictions etc then add websites you want to block.
    This doesn’t work for me however as I usually choose to ignore .

I’m spending too much time on boards and other websites especially at night and would like to cut it out. Meaning if I want to go on I have to go to the laptop.

The screen time feature doesn’t work for me in the evenings as I usually ignore it after a few days wil power and continue on into my old habits

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Some home routers have a firewall built in, that you could use to block the sites. That way, when your will power flags, you’d have to log into the router admin console to access the site, which should be enough to stop you. Of course, that’s not going to work if you’re browsing on cellular.

The problem with using any technology on your phone to block the sites is that by definition you have the means to unblock it right in your hand when you come across the block. So it’s going to be easy to circumvent. Maybe there’s something out there that won’t let you undo the block for 30 days or whatever, but if it’s an app, you can always just uninstall it.

You could get someone else to set the screen time/parental lock password for you, so you don’t know it yourself.

Another option is to get yourself banned from boards.

Advertisement