Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barry Power golf

Options
  • 29-07-2020 8:09am

Hi all,

Had anyone ever gone to Barry for lessons? If so, any feedback and would you recommend?

Recently moved to the area and looking to continue with lessons, would appreciate any info at all!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,544 ✭✭✭blue note

I went to him before Christmas for a couple of lessons and found him very good. He shows you a video of your swing so you can see clearly where you're going wrong. For me this was great, it really helped to see where I was going wrong.

blue note wrote: »
    I went to him before Christmas for a couple of lessons and found him very good. He shows you a video of your swing so you can see clearly where you're going wrong. For me this was great, it really helped to see where I was going wrong.

Thanks for the response, what do you play off and how did it benefit your game if you don't mind me asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Franks12

I'm going to him at the moment for a few lessons and find him brilliant. He records the key parts of the lesson and then sends it to you via video whatsapp after which is fantastic and great to look back on whenever you revert to old habits again. For me he hasnt changed much but what he has done is working wonders.

Playing of 15.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,544 ✭✭✭blue note

Thanks for the response, what do you play off and how did it benefit your game if you don't mind me asking?

I was playing off 14 or so when I went to him. I was getting back into the game after a 4 year hiatus, so just wanted a quick look at my swing in case I was getting into some bad habits since getting back.

He pointed out two things to me that when I saw the video I was shocked at how exaggerated they were. I was hardly hinging my wrist and was not bringing the club around my body. Both these factors were increasing the chances of a slice dramatically, and causing me to come down very steep on the ball. So bringing it back around my body more has made me more consistent.

When I started going to him my handicap probably reflected what the handicap secretary thought I was likely to come down to quickly (previously off 11). I was playing more like a 20 handicapper I reckon. When I finished I was much closer to my pervious 11. And now the arse has completely fallen out of my game and I'm more like a 36, but that's a whole other story.

Advertisement