Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2020 World Snooker Championship

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Ffs John parrot drives me nuts

“An air of inevitability about that long pot”. It was his first shot of the night!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Definitely hinting at it , that’s the way I read it anyway

Yeah he was, but i got the impression he doesnt know, is just assuming that's what happened. It could be right, but i dont think they know for certain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

May be the nicest evening of the year out and a feast of last 16 snooker on at the Crucible.

It is great to have it but best to get the Worlds back to showery April next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭amens

MrKingsley wrote: »
    “An air of inevitability about that long pot”. It was his first shot of the night!

He's annoying alright, supercritical as if could play perfectly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,357 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

More luck for Ronnie, covering the pocket with the black. No surprise there. And Ding hasn't made things difficult in this first frame either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭taytobreath

Yeah he was, but i got the impression he doesnt know, is just assuming that's what happened. It could be right, but i dont think they know for certain.

I’d say ken heard something. He’d say nothing if he knew mc gill ran out to diffuse the matter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Ding played 3 shots, and gave Ronnie 3 chances, could be all over quickly, he's played terrible since 7-5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,357 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

FFS Ding. He's gifted Ronnie another big chance. 10-8 barring some disaster.

More mistakes from Ding, ridiculous shot on the red, then backed up a mistake with another one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

This could be a very quick session for Ronnie

• Advertisement

And McGill levels it to 8 apiece. Clarke got in first, but broke down :(

The late film will be delayed, the controversy has blown up on Clarke, was well in command, but needs to refocus now, best of 9.

Hendry is my favorite commentator. His dry sense of humor and he reads the game better than any other commentators

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Maybe Clarke doesn't feel like dancing, after all.

Maybe Clarke doesn't feel like dancing, after all.

He could play a bit of snooker instead maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

Ding imploded in these first two frames, unforgivable mistakes and carelessness.

Ronnie still wouldn't fill me with confidence though.

I hope John Virgo is not sick, but Hendry said hope you are well JV. That usually means that he isn't.

A few errant positional shots from McGill - a break of 22, 22-0 the score, safety battle atm

Great clearance for ding, he was under some pressure there to get that

Great break and frame for Ding, especially given how poor he was in the first 2 frames this evening

• Advertisement

The fake applause sounds more 'real' tonight.

Jamie in - sweet black to middle bag after a long red with pace - red was straight and close to bottom pocket. Hon Jamie. On 20 now, looking good.

Great clearance for ding, he was u dear some pressure there to get that
    Amazing that he can be so hot and cold within minutes, needs another couple, especially the next, very quick game, Peter Ebdon would be compiling a gritty 60 if he had started back at 7:00, he would be about half way through now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,598 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

I seem to recall watching something similar in the qualifiers involving Clarke.
    Anyone else recall?

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

Reckless attempt at the red by Ding, the exact opposite thing he should be doing after winning the last frame!

Two simple blacks off spot missed alresdy. Shocking.

Anyone else recall?

Supposedly a similar incident with the mild mannered gentleman Joe Perry, but I don't know much about it.

Anyone else recall?

The moving around when another player was on his shot, you mean?

Yep, you're right - was in the Joe Perry match. Joe wasn't happy with Clarke either :D

Two simple blacks off spot missed alresdy. Shocking.

Shocked by it to be honest!

• Advertisement

Decent break by Clarke, 35 ahead - 2 reds left, one looks on for Jamie, aand he misses - got lucky - both reds safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,598 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

Supposedly a similar incident with the mild mannered gentleman Joe Perry, but I don't know much about it.

Found it.
    https://www.eurosport.co.uk/snooker/world-championship/2019-2020/bizarre-incident-as-joe-perry-complains-about-opponent-s-towel-in-world-championship-qualifier_sto7817172/story.shtml

Seems he has form....

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

The problem with Joe Perry was Perry being put off by Clarke using a towel to dry his cue. A small towel it was not, apparently it was more akin to a beach towel and Perry said it had been putting him off quite a bit.

How did Ding miss the red by so much?!

Didn't know it was the towel, thanks for letting us know Chalk :)

Captain obvious strikes again, Parrott said that he would venture to suggest that the long red was frame ball. No **** Sherlock. Perhaps an actual parrott would be a better option in the commentary box, perhaps in a double act with Stephen Hendry's spitting image puppet. Although Hendry is good.

• Advertisement

One red left - still in the balance this frame.

This is what i like to call a Sheffield Steal!

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭TheBigEvil

Can someone tell Ken to not keep raising his voice and putting aggression into what he is saying, to try and make it dramatic. I like listening to what he has to say, but, the way he gets louder and more aggressive with his voice, is quite annoying !

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭amens

29 in it. One red left, colours all in the open, none on their spots though, and Jamie just fouls, deficit now 25, McGill puts him back. Tough enough snooker to escape from the way he's playing it. Jan busy replacing the balls.

Good escape Jamie - red gone safe :D

• Advertisement

Pot Jamie - 30 ahead - snookers "Charming". Good hit McGill, lavvly snooker Jamie.

Ronnie has missed quite a few easy blacks off the spot in this match. More than he usually does. A worrying sign going forward if he wins tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

McGill a mile off on that yellow. Good at some of the tactical stuff, otherwise very average.

Some very poor shots this frame, McGill trails by 28, 25 left

We could be burning the midnight oil tonight with McGill v Clarke.

Another good snooker laid by ginger. Hit the green J. Misses, but doesn't leave it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,497 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Never fancied Ding for that last red he missed letting Ronnie in to clear up. He just looked a bit irked and was putting in a fast one to get himself out of trouble in that break. I always though he could do with a psychological sports coach, because he has the game and I think it's his mental approach that's need work.

And another snooker - Jamie escapes. Worrying this for Clarke fans.

Needs to end the drought does Jamie. Lost last 6 frames. Potting very poor. Snookered again, and leaves the green. McGill not great on brown thankfully

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Ding with a beauty of a pot with the long red in to green pocket...but he missed the blue earlier by a mile, and it looked a lot easier

• Advertisement
Advertisement