Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2020 World Snooker Championship

Comments

Jamie all over the place. 3 balls left. Blue safe at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Another shocker from Ronnie. Even though he's in the lead he doesn't inspire much comfidence. And missing those 3 blacks (one was off spot) will chip awayat his own belief. This match is well alive.

Get in Blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

Back in front is Clarke, that was a nervy frame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

:D

Back in front is Clarke, that was a nervy frame.
    First frame since 4:00 yesterday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

That was epic frame. McGill played some real tasty shots but couldnt finish it out. One lapse cost him in the end.

The Chinese Hot Pot hanging in here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭taytobreath

Ding will lose this match coz of his long shots, it’s developed into a phycholigical thing now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,168 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Ding's long game is pure cack.

• Advertisement

"Cavalier Clarke" :pac: :pac: :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

Ding will lose this match coz of his long shots, it’s developed into a phycholigical thing now

I’d completely agree with you on that. Ronnie is in here again now too

I’d completely agree with you on that. Ronnie is in here again now too

Ronnie is in the lead coz of dings misses. He’s only at about 70 percent I think

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭amens

That Ronnie O'Sullivan lad can really play. It's a wonder no one came to watch him.

Beautiful clearance. Keeps Ding at bay. One more frame. Come on Ronnie.

Beautiful clearance. Keeps Ding at bay. One more frame. Come on Ronnie.

• Advertisement

More luck for O'Sullivan. But that was desperate from Ding.

You can't say Ronnie has worked for these opportunities, they've been handed to him on a plate by Ding.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

That was much better from Ronnie..

But the boys fawning over him is cringe worthy at times, Ding gifted him the first two frames tonight and he's missed several easy shots and has had a nice bit of luck too at times.

I think overall he deserves to win this match but Ding has a lot to answer for...I wouldn't fancy Ronnie to win it outright.

This site is acting up again,I’d agree with the other posts, I can’t see Ronnie going all the way, but you’d never know with him, it depends on his mood

Ding will go away from this feeling he should of been at least challenging to win this.
    And then if he won it he would of been feeling I could win the whole thing

• Advertisement

That was much better from Ronnie..

But the boys fawning over him is cringe worthy at times, Ding gifted him the first two frames tonight and he's missed several easy shots and has had a nice bit of luck too at times.

I think overall he deserves to win this match but Ding has a lot to answer for...I wouldn't fancy Ronnie to win it outright.

I don’t think anyone is amazing this year. Williams isn't great either, but should be a tougher test. It would be the semis before there's a real challenge. I wouldn't be surprised if Mafflin won the Championship.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

As usual.. Ronnie pulling no punches!

Ronnie O'Sullivan talks some $h1t. The state of this site.

He is right about the state of the players today though.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭DepecheHead101

sligeach wrote: »
    More luck for O'Sullivan. But that was desperate from Ding.
    Both of them were highly inconsistent - particularly during the opening session's breakneck - but O'Sullivan whacked his arse, here. No mistake.

Dodging Rob Walker's hopes for obvious answers now by being a bit nonplussed and going on about Buddhism.

Forever the man!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

I don’t think anyone is amazing this year. Williams isn't great either, but should be a tougher test. It would be the semis before there's a real challenge. I wouldn't be surprised if Mafflin won the Championship.
    Judd will step it up from here, lurking without playing well, but he has the call over Ronnie in their last few meetings. Obvious enough selection, but he won't gift chances like Ding did

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,554 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Jesus, did someone slip Ronnie a truth drug in his water?? :eek:

A great player but he's a total plonker, if you believe he doesn't care you're a bigger idiot than he is.

Says it to protect himself in case he get outplayed and beaten.

Ronnie and Ding played 7 frames (and had the mid session interval) in the time it’s taken Clarke and McGill 2 and a half frames....Jaysus :pac:

Ronnie and Ding played 7 frames (and had the mid session interval) in the time it’s taken Clarke and McGill 2 and a half frames....Jaysus :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

A great player but he's a total plonker, if you believe he doesn't care you're a bigger idiot than he is.

Course he does and why wouldn't he?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I’m just picturing a producer frantically trying to turn off the fake applause there once the cue ball headed for the black. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Agree, fantastic player but an incredibly unlikeable person in my opinion.

Nah. He sounds every bit as wayward and all over the place during post frames of tournaments he's won. Documented clinical history of struggling with this. Total marmite, of course, so he's still a plonker to plenty, but I'll call bollocks on the fact that he hams it up to cover for himself.

Ronnie O'Sullivan's last interview comment about the state of today's players.

Enter exhibit A: Anthony McGill.

Clarke missing a pot by about 3 foot there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭AllForIt

It wold be nice if we could keep this thread on topic, i.e the matches at hand.

Commentators curse. Shocking stat, that that break was the highest score in the match, ~60. FFS, this site is in bits.

AllForIt wrote: »
    You don't think discussing players still in the tournament within half an hour of their deciding frames is within topic?

I'd say ditch the backseat modding.

its a post match interview how on earth is it not on topic!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭amens

Ronnie O'Sullivan's last interview comment about the state of today's players.

Enter exhibit A: Anthony McGill.

I think Ronnie thinks most players are bad because they play badly against him because they are intimidated by him. He's the only player that manages to play like he doesn't care and can bring his practice game to the match table. I wouldn't be surprised if McGill were really impressive in practice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭AllForIt

You don't think discussing players still in the tournament within half an hour of their deciding frames is within topic?

I'd say ditch the backseat modding.

Bringing up one's views on a players personalty is not on topic. Views we are already aware of made all the time over and over by the same posters. What's to discuss exactly? That is my final comment on the issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Not completely impossible that this Clarke/McGill snooker outlasts the golf, despite the fact that the leaders in the golf don't start their 18 holes for another 5 minutes.

Got agree with some of the posters here, that was a stupid Immature interview from Ronnie, he’s 44 ffs, he should no better than to give out about the outside top 32 plAyers,

and for this crap “I don’t care anymore” and “I’m only here for the fun”...fuk that....you’ll regret those comments when ure retired
    He annoys me

Bringing up one's views on a players personalty is not on topic.
    You're objectively incorrect. I don't mind the BBC replaying the McGill controversy. I don't mind a bit of back and forth over how much of a prat or not O'Sullivan is. What's the harm? This is a wonderful game, but it's still entertainment, and it's still an open forum. It's not like the internet is drowning in hot snooker goss. Start a Tactical Talk Only thread if you fancy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

As Ken says, we have to take it with a pinch of salt.

He did look menacing out there tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Kurt Maflin will be looking strong against these two.

Maflin 2/5 in the quarter final

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Bringing up one's views on a players personalty is not on topic. Views we are already aware of made all the time over and over by the same posters. What's to discuss exactly? That is my final comment on the issue.

Ah great, it's your final comment on it. A post match interview of one of today's games in the 2020 WC is completely on topic, might not be what you want to discuss but others do.

Reckon I'll still be watching the McGill/Clarke game live at brea!

Double standards from the BBC. If the O'Sullivan v Ding match was still going, they wouldn't have ended the coverage. I don’t know if it's a blessing not seeing the end of the Clarke/McGill match. It could be a cure for insomnia.

Why did Clarke play a drag shot there? Surely he could have just dropped it in
    and still be on the black.

Double standards from the BBC. If the O'Sullivan v Ding match was still going, they wouldn't have ended the coverage. I don’t know if it's a blessing not seeing the end of the Clarke/McGill match. It could be a cure for insomnia.

It's on the red button.

• Advertisement
Advertisement