Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2020 World Snooker Championship

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

I only tuned in for the last frame from about 40 points each onwards. Feel like I've watched an entire session. Unbelievable stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

McGill very unlucky. How he snookered himself on the green behind the pink was a bad mistake but a little unlucky. A game of millimetres can elevate your career or leave a horrific mental scar for the rest of your life. That will haunt McGill forever. Im gutted for the lad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Surprised they didn’t miss each other’s hands when they went in for the handshake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

Yeah that was odd that McGill offered his hand out to Wilson with the current precautions in place.

Force of habit I’d say. Probably shell shocked after the match, and just force of habit to shake hands

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭Genghis

The Nal wrote: »
    Wow.

That's all. I'm exhausted.

Ronnie Selby in 15 mins. FFS.

Going to record it and avoid everything until I can sit down later with the big tv to myself. It will surely be greatness. By surely I mean hopefully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Admirable interview from McGill, he was very gracious considering how he must be feeling.

In all the excitement I don't know if 192 points was passed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭waynescales1

Uh oh, look at Wilson, this’ll be a tough interview.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

186 points with black left on table

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

If McGill can continue playing the way he has played in this championship he'll be back in the top 16 very quickly and maybe back in the semi's next season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

You'd worry about Wilson lifting himself for the emotion of a final

I disagree totally with those that say this will adversely affect Wilson in the final. Not a chance. He will be the stronger for it and is a dangerous opponent now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

In all the excitement I don't know if 192 points was passed.
    6 short I think.

Has anyone ever scored that many points and lost a frame?

Thanks Arthur... With my made up odds I would have cleaned up, as a layer :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭Augme

I think Wilson will be fine for the final. The underdog status will really suit him. No one will give him a chance against either Ronnie or Selby.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,780 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Final Saturday/Sunday?

Need to re-energise after that. Cuppa soup and a hang Sangwich beckons, until the Main Course.

Mon Ronnie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭radiata

I'm out of breath after that. Feel like I just ran a marathon after watching a frame of snooker!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,361 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

The higher ups at BBC should be asking themselves, what else have we missed when we abruptly cut off coverage from all the other matches. Thank God they didn't ruin this.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭TheHopeful

That was f'ing unbelievable. Wow. I have no words. Definitely the most enjoyable final frame I've ever seen. The drama!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,545 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Bbc is finished for snooker. I always check to see if its one there first but its nearly always eurosport i end up watching.
    If it wasnt for eurosport coverage of all snooker events in the last few years, the sport would be gone i think.

7 o'clock and not a child washed in the house

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,350 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Skid X wrote: »
    Admirable interview from McGill, he was very gracious considering how he must be feeling.

fair play to him. hate these questions though about what a great frame it was, how great it was to be involved in it, how everyone was tuned in.

like that wimbledon match a few years ago, mahut being brought out for a presentation after losing.

hopefully wilson will have a beer or two, shed any feelings of 'guilt' and carry on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Augme wrote: »
    I think Wilson will be fine for the final. The underdog status will really suit him. No one will give him a chance against either Ronnie or Selby.

I'd say he'll be fine. Rest of evening off to let it sink in. That was brilliant stuff, two class guys giving their all, but kyren still leaves me the impression he's just lacking either the extra gear or killer touch the very top bracket of players have. But could yet prove me wrong on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭redarmy

unreal frame

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭The Royal Scam

What a frame. I have it recorded and will get drunk later and watch it again and it might make sense then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,728 ✭✭✭dasdog

Seriously impressed by that. With so much money in professional sport the spirit is sometimes forgotten but Wilson was utterly distraught after winning the way he did.

That's Parrot and McManus saying they expect Ronnie to come out of the blocks and Angles goes 17-16 Ronnie. I'm worried with all thiis confidence.

My original thought on Wilson's crying was that he 'didn't want to win it like that' with the fluked green; not so much that he thought he was 'home and hosed'.

Took a few minutes to eventually win it though after that. Fair play to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Ronnie gone fav with the bookies

• Advertisement

Selby should have been at least 4 frames ahead. He's not, it might get to him. Poor safety shot at the start here. And when I say Mark should have been at least 4 ahead, it's not like he was brilliant, Ronnie was far worse, but still broke even.

Andrew00 wrote: »
    Ronnie gone fav with the bookies

Wow.

Lovely quick start. Hitting them nicely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Well now...

Ronnie up for it anyway

Brilliant stuff by Ronnie in the opening frame

25th frame for the 1st century says a bit.

Just after f*ckin my Selby slip in the bin

Ronnie in first again here...

• Advertisement

6 short I think.

Has anyone ever scored that many points and lost a frame?

Thanks.

Don't know. Be interested to find out most points scored, and losing a frame at Sheffield. Stats people probably on it - I'm sure Dennis is dying to be the first to mention it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

It’s mad. I thought O’Sullivan didn’t have a snowballs chance in hell

Correct decision to play the snooker.

Unbelievable shot there from Selby

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭testtech05

Some shot by Selby there to get the snooker

Killer shot by Selby.

• Advertisement

It's great to see this. Ronnie coming out and 'Playing Snooker' - The jester don't like that.
    Unlucky on that red just now, but well done to him for taking it on. Deserved that 'result' with cueball.

Ronnie... !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,780 ✭✭✭✭walshb

All square!!

Things getting a little interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Things getting a little interesting.

I'm already a wreck and it's only 13 each.

• Advertisement
Advertisement