Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2020 World Snooker Championship

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Sore loser. Thankfully don't have to endure in final.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

Sour grapes that’s awful from Selby

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Selby accusing Ron of disrespecting himself and the game of snooker by blasting balls everytime he had him in a snooker. Wow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,307 ✭✭✭tanko

Typical sour grapes from Slowby. Take your beating and go home.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Hopefully the Beeb will have footage of Ronnie's mindgames when in the chair

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭AllForIt

That last red by Ronnie was one of the best shots under pressure I've ever seen. Right in the heart of the pocket it was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭Wildlife Actor

So gifting your opponent 3 frames is disrespectful?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Muppet Man wrote: »
    Best semi final EVER

Wasn't even the best one today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭testtech05

Something about standing up in his chair during a frame earlier today too. Can't say I noticed that maybe wasn't shown on TV whatever about the smashing the balls around!!

Serious performance in the last few frames by Ronnie he's unstoppable when playing like that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

siblers wrote: »
    Selby annoyed with Ronnie over his actions. Some sour grapes there

Agreed. Just text the exact same thing to a mate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,965 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Should be a great final to be fair

Not sure, Wilson seemed melted after today. Ronnie could wallop him.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭waynescales1

Selby doing himself no favours with that interview.

Ronnie don't like that miss rule - his reason for smashing the balls in snookers.

Good point.

I’m shocked at Selby I didn’t have him down as weak coming out with those comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,618 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Ronnie played very good snookers in the last frame, nothing disrespectful there. Selby would want to be a bit more gracious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,779 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I’m shocked at Selby I didn’t have him down as weak coming out with those comments

What he say?

Selby doing himself no favours with that interview.

Selby is the mind game king so what’s he talking about !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Selby being salty as hell makes Ronnie's victory even sweeter.

Selby accusing Ron of disrespecting himself and the game of snooker by blasting balls everytime he had him in a snooker. Wow!

He has a point, fair play to him for having the balls to say it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭henke

I don't think the smashing of the balls was intended to be disrespectful to Selby. It was just at that stage he wasn't arsed I don't think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Very disappointed in Selby there. He's gone down in my estimation after that. Pretty disgusting words and he'll lose even more fans because of that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 253 ✭✭Xtrail14

walshb wrote: »
    What he say?

He threw his toys out of the cot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭BQQ

Seems like Ronnie got into Mark’s head with the messing
    It’s like a role reversal

He must’ve learned a valuable lesson from that final against Ebdon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Casual snooker fan here. That was incredible! So tense. That yolo shot from Ronnie was great to watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,618 ✭✭✭✭siblers

What he say?

Said Ronnie was disrespectful for smashing the balls when he was snookered, he also said Ronnie was playing mind games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭taytobreath

Maybe the hit for hope shots were a phichylogical thing meant to effect Selbys performance

I guess he’s upset and straight into an interview, I’d be surprised if he didn’t apologise after calming down

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

I’m pretty sure Ronnie doesn’t have the mental capacity to win this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

He has a point, fair play to him for having the balls to say it.
    I saw what, maybe two reckless shots out of snookers? Were there more?

• Advertisement

Bull! You are as anti selby, and as pro Ronnie as you can get. Ronnie can do no wrong and Selby can do no right in your eyes. At least stand back and be objective now and again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭Wildlife Actor

There is a direct correlation between the success of Selby's tactics and Ronnie taking reckless shots. Bit rich to complain about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭The White Feather

What he say?

He thought Ronnie was disrespectful getting out of snookers by just hitting it any old way and something about him not sitting down or standing on the chair during Selbys shot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭henke

He was on Eurosport there again raving about cue action and comparing it to golf again. He definitely is a flawed genius. Love him.

Can't believe ronnie is favourite to win title. Both Wilson 10/3 and Selby 3-1 , grand on both and you still win 2k

You would have been one bad positional shot away from being two grand down before the final even began. :pac:

Selby should be taking that as a compliment.

Should be thinking "I have him. Hit and hope is the only way he
    thinks he can beat me."

Wouldn't have said it if he won. Fk him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

what a completely wankerish thing to say Selby

those auld grapes are well sour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Hitting in hope says more about Selby's good snookers than Ronnie being disrespectful.

Standing over the miss shot for an entirety shows more abou Selby's game than anything.

Sore loser in my eyes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

Very disappointed in Selby there. He's gone down in my estimation after that. Pretty disgusting words and he'll lose even more fans because of that.

Selby a bitter loser there, even if it was in the heat of the moment, he shouldn't have said that. Amazing day of snooker up there with the best any sport can offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

Finally we see Selby's true colours. The king of mind games accusing Ronnie of gamesmanship. The guy that takes an age over obvious shots.You couldn't make it up.

Off home now with Vicky, there's a good lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

Ronnie's a snooker troll

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

I don't think he has many to lose, Ronnie fired away a few frames with loose play, but Selby chucked it away, and I think he is just mad at himself. Should have won, and the sourness of his comments reflect this. You can play whatever way you want, I had that kind of **** off poker players, when you hit hands they don't like it, there are many ways to skin a cat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,634 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

MrKingsley wrote: »
    I’m pretty sure Ronnie doesn’t have the mental capacity to win this

He has the ability the throw it away alright, but he also has the ability to walk it, depends which version of him turns up.

Ficheall wrote: »
    I saw what, maybe two reckless shots out of snookers? Were there more?

I thought it was about 4/5 quick succession? Not sure. But it did look like he was taking the p at that stage. I thought he was trying to lose. Think it rattled Selby. It worked. No rules against it I suppose.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,030 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

I doubt if Selby was too concerned about Ronnie's conduct when it was gifting him frames.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Hopefully 8 year olds all around the world were watching that today and now want to pick up a cue action.

And the cycle goes on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭AllForIt

At the end of the day Ronnie's game is better than Selby's game. All Ronnie has to do is play his game, and he seemed to totally believe in himself in a way I've haven't seen from him in a long time in that final session. Over the moon for him to beat Selby when Selby was in total Selby mode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Bull! You are as anti selby, and as pro Ronnie as you can get. Ronnie can do no wrong and Selby can do no right in your eyes. At least stand back and be objective now and again.

What are you on about, all your posts are anti Ronnie lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Absolutely delighted for O’Sullivan. Turns out he had the back bone for it all along

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭rodders999

That interview on Eurosport, how can you not love the guy.

Laughing and joking like he’s just one a game against a mate down the snooker hall.

The greatest.

So the families will be the crowd in the final, that’ll be cool and tense

• Advertisement
Advertisement