Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2020 World Snooker Championship

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,112 ✭✭✭BQQ

#cue action

Ronnie missing loads, but Wilson can’t take advantage

Terrible quality for a world final

walshb wrote: »
    Yes. It’s why I asked..seemed wee bit longer than I recall!

Yeah, sorry about that... I was kinda agreeing with you; no help in answering your question though :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,174 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Very poor standard of snooker so far. Par for the Championship.

I’d say Hendry is sitting in the studio contemplating a comeback looking at this

Johnson on Eurosport has a habit of saying something then immediately contradicting himself - the ball might be in motion, "that's a great safety" and when it comes to a stop: "he's left something on". Doesn't know whether he's coming or going, turning to the Beeb for some compos mentis commentary.

BQQ wrote: »
    I’d say Hendry is sitting in the studio contemplating a comeback looking at this

More like John Virgo is boarding a plane in Spain.

Run for cover Ron - play the percentage shot, you're golden here

Wilson has been very poor
    Won’t be needing 4 sessions, i’m afraid

Appalling stuff from Kyren.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭weemcd

Wilson can get back into this, despite playing poorly, Ronnie is missing his fair share of chances too.

If either get their shooting boots on it's wrapped up. Hendry not impressed which isn't surprising, low standard for a final so far.

Hendry has summed this dross up perfectly.

That definitely drifted to the left. Still it was poor from Kyren that he had to take that pink on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

They are paying the price for yesterday’s thrillers

• Registered Users Posts: 12,908 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Can only see Ronnie running away with this tbh

Even though it's close and Wilson's in; I reckon Ronnie, the way things are going, is favourite to win this frame.
    Not all the reds left are easy. GWAN Ronnie.

Edit - he's just missed has Wilson

• Advertisement

I don’t know how much more of this crap I can watch. And the sad thing is, Ronnie will still cakewalk to another hollow world title.

Go away with your BS excuses Dennis for the awful snooker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

Got to feel for Wilson, fantastic player on his day but he's not at the races at all. Looks very nervous too.

O'Sullivan has been awful too, just less so.

At last - in frame 8 - a "go on"

It was a " Go on Kyren, go on Kyren". About time this "Go on" stuff kicked in.

Liven things up a bit :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

sligeach wrote: »
    I don’t know how much more of this crap I can watch. And the sad thing is, Ronnie will still cakewalk to another hollow world title.

Your dislike of Ronnie is actually embarrassing

If you don’t like what you’re watching, turn it off. Nobody is forcing you to watch it

Your dislike of Ronnie is actually embarrassing

If you don’t like what you’re watching, turn it off. Nobody is forcing you to watch it

Your fixation with my comments is embarrassing. Nobody is forcing you to read or respond to them.

• Advertisement

And a "Go on Ronnie" as well, shaping up a bit here.

Cakewalk for Ronnie it appears

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

:rolleyes:

I can't stand him either but to suggest this will be a hollow world title is mental. Wilson is handing it to him on a plate. Hardly O'Sullivan's fault.

Oh luck an awful shot from Wilson has given O'Sullivan some more luck. He'll clean up now.

Bet Selby is hating this!!

Some great decisions by Ron - playing the percentage shots more often :D

Probably thinks Ron's trying to rile him :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

I thought Ronnie should have taken the blue off the cushion with the green and snookered Wilson behind the brown.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

So not much hope so far on here for Wilson's chances. The 15 frames i gave him is the highest of any poster so far. Is there an air of complacency about this final when Wilson has won their most recent match and only lost 10-9 in a Champion of Champions final?

I’ll give Wilson a chance. I think he’ll lead into the last session and lose 18-17

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Lundstram wrote: »
    Got to feel for Wilson, fantastic player on his day but he's not at the races at all. Looks very nervous too.

O'Sullivan has been awful too, just less so.

Yeah, it's clear that the nerves are getting to him

Ronnie is all over the shop.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

If Wilson wins this frame he'll be delighted

Selby-esque stuff from Ronnie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Just tuning into this now, lads. What's the consensus on Ronnie's performance so far in this session?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Terrible miss by Wilson but bad position from Ronnke off the blue

Ronnie made a massive mistake with his positional shot off the blue

Passenger wrote: »
    Just tuning into this now, lads. What's the consensus on Ronnie's performance so far in this session?

Only getting into it now, for me it's a typical final between a n00b and experienced player, Wilson is just settling into the occasion

Both playing poorly, Ronnie is the least bad out of the two of them at the moment!

Exactly Steve. Ronnie doesn’t want to throw the frame away. He can rely on Kyren to do that for him.

Good in three frames, average in a couple and awful the rest.

Moderate, but Wilson very poor. Deserves his lead; 6-2 wouldn't be generous to Ronnie if it ends like that.

Ronnie has had his fair share of 'rub of the green' tbf

Critical 2 balls here now, huge difference between 6 2 and 5 3

Big chance for Wilson now

• Advertisement

I don't think I've ever heard cue action mentioned so often

Ah that wasn’t a pot to take on Wilson, not the way you’ve been playing!

Someone fell off their chair

Hit that pink way too hard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Played the pink too hard, didn't give it a chance.

Terrible attempt on the pink, frame ball no need to hit it so hard

• Advertisement

Exactly Steve. Ronnie doesn’t want to throw the frame away. He can rely on Kyren to do that for him.

And there you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Wilson has been dreadful, hopefully he can get his long game shorted in the interval

This could be over with a session to spare

Ronnie leading 6-2 and playing about 60% his best. Wilson been useless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Poor session, but Ronnie is in command, Wilson has run low on energy, and is playing poorly, he fell over the line in the semi final, and looks like he has the worries of the world on his shoulders, playing too tight, and missing too many, some poor safeties as well, not really in the game

• Advertisement
Advertisement