Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2020 World Snooker Championship

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Wilson would have taken on that pot in every other match, game over in my opinion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,710 ✭✭✭✭walshb

The safety genius of Ronnie there, not trying for a snooker behind black... Leaves the difficult red hittable instead. Nice pot on the black to win the frame too.

Not that easy a shot.

Reminded me the black Ken missed for a 147 years ago at UK championships..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Wilson has to clear on 1 visit here

147 on here, lads!

Looking at his tip, not looking comfortable he's bust

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,183 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

The occasion has gotten to Wilson

walshb wrote: »
    147 on here, lads!

1 anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,170 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

It doesn't matter how bad Ronnie is. Ronnie has been poor himself. His opponent though, he's one of those "amateurs". He's handing this to O'Sullivan on a plate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

Wilson’s head isn’t in it at all

Clareman wrote: »
    Looking at his tip, not looking comfortable he's bust

He just needed that black and it was in the bag!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

This could get ugly for Wilson

sligeach wrote: »
    It doesn't matter. Ronnie has been poor himself. His opponent though, he's one of those "amateurs".

The way Wilson is playing I'd fancy my chances against him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

Oh lord... black off the spot. I’m not a Wilson fan, but I don’t want to see him go down in flames either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,617 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

The only hope I can cling to of this being competitive is that Wilson let McGill take a few frames lead and then reeled him in, but Ronnie is a different prospect.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Muppet Man wrote: »
    Oh lord... black off the spot. I’m not a Wilson fan, but I don’t want to see him go down in flames either.

I do. Doused in Rocket Fuel.

Terrible blue to the middle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭SnowyMay

Oh man. While neither are playing great, I’m feeling for Wilson here. Even I almost feel psyched out by Ronnie. The pressure to play the shots quickly around him must have an affect.

Muppet Man wrote: »

At this stage I think Wilson would miss the firelighter with the match.

I've zero sympathy for Wilson. Step up to the plate and perform or get hammered. Sport is tough and there's no place for soppy sentimentality.

Ronnie really doesn't look comfortable when he has to elevate his cue

• Advertisement

Think I'll watch the Man City v Lyon game. Don't care for it, but it can't be any worse than this tripe.

Clearly Ronnie is 1 of the best of all time but the standard of play in this frame is terrible

At least it’s not Shelby taking 45 minutes a frame to beat Wilson

Also good to see they have outlawed the wearing of masks by the audience members. They have no place in indoor settings where people are sitting for hours.

Am I wrong to think Ronnie was right to refuse the blue?

Hendry seems to think not..

Clearly Ronnie is 1 of the best of all time but the standard of play in this frame is terrible

He WAS, but he doesn't have to be in this year's Championship. If he was playing the Trump of last year's final, Judd would wipe the floor with Ronnie.

Ronnie in his seat before the ball is in the pocket

Bad luck going in off there. Can Wilson win a frame in one visit? He needs to step up.

Going for difficult plants now, this is brutal

Bad luck going in off there. Can Wilson win a frame in one visit? He needs to step up.

Can either of them!! 1 century in 10 frames

• Advertisement

At least it’s not Shelby taking 45 minutes a frame to beat Wilson

Also good to see they have outlawed the wearing of masks by the audience members. They have no place in indoor settings where people are sitting for hours.

I am actually surprised that the audience aren’t wearing masks.

But that is a conversation for a different thread!

Seems to be picking up a bit now. Don’t have super high hopes for this evening though, but hoping Wilson will close the gap a bit and let’s see them both in high form tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Panrich

Ronnie is channelling Selby here. Turning the screw.

SnowyMay wrote: »
    I am actually surprised that the audience aren’t wearing masks.

But that is a conversation for a different thread!

Seems to be picking up a bit now. Don’t have super high hopes for this evening though, but hoping Wilson will close the gap a bit and let’s see them both in high form tomorrow.

I spotted 2 in masks

Panrich wrote: »

He doesn't have to, Wilson is screwing himself

Panrich wrote: »

Indeed, turning the screw, without playing anything like Selby 'timewise'

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭swarmberg

Shocking play for a final thus far. The peak of the championship was yesterday, the final won't come close for excitement. Amount of basic pots missed and constantly falling out of position is poor standard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,477 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

I see Coventry City in the front row again but a bit off to the side under the circumstances.

Don't take your foot of the gas. No mercy. Finish the match tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭ToddDameron

Even more gutted for McGill now after seeing this capitulation.

I see Coventry City in the front row again but a bit off to the side under the circumstances.

How did he manage it again? Bloody show off. Always has to be ringside seats. Has to be seen.

Don't take your foot of the gas. No mercy. Finish the match tonight.

He hasn't done anything, he's been in neutral all day, Wilson is shockingly bad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

8-2 be Barcelona
    8-2 be Wilson

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭swarmberg

Will be over tomorrow afternoon with a session to spare at this rate.

He hasn't done anything, he's been in neutral all day, Wilson is shockingly bad

Ronnie can't do anything about that. He just needs to stay focused and finish him off tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

Feeling sorry for Wilson, he just can’t seem to get going, and things are getting ugly for him

Ronnie can't do anything about that. He just needs to stay focused and finish him off tonight.

7 more frames tonight i think, Wilson has to win 4 of those

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Panrich

How did he manage it again? Bloody show off. Always has to be ringside seats. Has to be seen.

Is there not an allocation of season tickets that are valid for something like 50 years that were bought before snooker became popular. There's a couple of Aussies there every year as well.

All this Ronnie “there for the taking” talk is a little disrespecting from supposed to be impartial pundits...bit odd..they’re hammering it home..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Wilson is goosed I fear. Feel sorry for him, seems a nice fella.

Good support for Wilson there.

He needs a hug.

Edit: here we go (I hope).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Mark Williams was asked how does he handle the pressure, and he said you have to play as if it means nothing even if it means everything. Wilson is nowhere near to a peak Mark Williams, but he should try to approach the game like that, way too tight, and this match is a formality, hard to match the drama and excitement of yesterday and this won't.

• Advertisement
Advertisement