Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2020 World Snooker Championship

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Clareman wrote: »
    7 more frames tonight i think, Wilson has to win 4 of those

I mean finiah him mentally tonight. Break his spirit.

Panrich wrote: »
    Is there not an allocation of season tickets that are valid for something like 50 years that were bought before snooker became popular. There's a couple of Aussies there every year as well.

Defimately one Aissie alright. Hes interviewed regularly on BBC. Takes his annual holidays at Sheffield. Not sure how the tickets work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,477 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Yeah it's a big much this Ronnie there for the taking stuff. Did you not watch the match last night Angles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Even more gutted for McGill now after seeing this capitulation.

Yeah - tis why I wanted McGill to be in this final. He would just play his own "Terminator" game and not be rattled by Ronnies's antics

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭tanko

sligeach wrote: »
    Think I'll watch the Man City v Lyon game. Don't care for it, but it can't be any worse than this tripe.

That’s the best news I’ve heard all day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,617 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Clareman wrote: »
    I spotted 2 in masks

Is that the players? One wearing a Ronnie mask and one a Wilson mask?
    Because neither of those a look like pros playing a World Final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

Wilson is chasing the cue ball around the table in this break. It’ll be massive if he wins the frame in this one visit , hopefully it’ll settle him down

Brian the Coventry city guy lost his season ticket last year. I believe others did as well. But Brian is such a super fan he'd easily know the inside line and enough of the snooker circus to hang about the Crucible until he got himself a seat.

I think he left a semi final session early two years back to start the overnight queue for tickets that are usually on sale first morning of the final.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Well done Wilson, now get your ton

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Pity he didn't get the century but at least he won't have the lowest frame total in a final

Do the red and blue haired birds go to Sheffield I wonder? Often see them on Eurosport at other events - usually front row.

Poor Coventry guy, should have been let wear his jersey, he was bothering no one. Don't know if he's there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 541 ✭✭✭fran38

Do the red and blue haired birds go to Sheffield I wonder? Often see them on Eurosport at other events - usually front row.

Poor Coventry guy, should have been let wear his jersey, he was bothering no one. Don't know if he's there.

Hes there, it is mentioned a number of posts back. Sitting to the left of ronnies seat as we're watching. Beside a fella with a Bench t shirt.

Speaking of super fans. There was always an eldetly fella at Jimmy Whites matches in the 80s and 90s. Jet black hair, glasses. Always sat to the right of Jimmy.

No fear if Brian can't wear his Coventry shirt he has a sky blue and white blazer. Something else. Seems to be sporting a legacy Coventry Shirt with the old Talbot logo on it here though.

Those two girls are usually at the Shoot Out in front row but i have seen them at the Welsh Open last year as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 541 ✭✭✭fran38

Never seen them at the Worlds. Always hogging front row seats at other comps....with their blue hair lol

• Advertisement

fran38 wrote: »
    Hes there, it is mentioned a number of posts back. Sitting to the left of ronnies seat as we're watching. Beside a fella with a Bench t shirt.

Speaking of super fans. There was always an eldetly fella at Jimmy Whites matches in the 80s and 90s. Jet black hair, glasses. Always sat to the right of Jimmy.

I saw Coventry City guy got a mention a few posts ago - wasn't sure if he was there or not though. Don't remember Jimmy's fan at all - less coverage/channels in them days.

There are another couple of old lads that occupied the front rows. Saw them on the feature earlier on Ebdon winning in 2002 sitting in the same seats. Come back year after year.

I agree with McManus and other pundits in saying Ronnie has been there for the taking today. He's not playing well at all and only for Wilson butchering quite a few frames in the first session this match would be very close.

Bad sign when the crowd is more interesting than the match

Bad miss by Wilson,

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

As soon as Ronnie started eyeballing his top I knew a dip in form was coming.

He usually changes his tip for the final, I wonder if he’s unhappy with it.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭bren2001

Is the "plonker" your man who was hiccuping?

Would have thought Wilson would have been in far harder of a snooker than that

Thats a crazy swerve to be trying

Ronnie might "be there for the taking", but an unusually well below par (for the majority of this match so far) Wilson is no match for a well below par Ronnie. Wilson needs his A game; or even a solid B game to beat even a rubbish rocket. That's how good Ronnie is. Talent alone is enough for him to acquit himself well against lesser/nervous/not quite on their game players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Great shot by Wilson but that was very risky.

Ronnie looks like Dr. Strange here

Ronnie would want to up his game for the last five frames or this lad will grow in confidence. Wilson strikes me as a bit of a cocky lad who needs little encouragement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,112 ✭✭✭BQQ

Ronnie takes nearly 2 mins on one shot when he needs a snooker

If that was Selby, some people would be losing their minds :D

This reminds me of playing on the club for lights and yerman just wouldn't give up

• Advertisement

Nice trick shot Ron!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Surprising Ronnie didn't conced the frame, what's his game plan here

Bet Selby's livid now! Ronnie playing like him. Brilliant stuff :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

So strange

Silly carry on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

siblers wrote: »
    Surprising Ronnie didn't conced the frame, what's his game plan here

Still playing mind games with Selby

All about the cue action I guess

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

Strange behaviour from Ronnie!

That didn't make any sense

• Advertisement

Mind games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Dare I say, a few mind games by Ronnie there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

This is exactly why I don't like him. If that was done to him, he'd be fuming. Hypocrite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

That's why I like him...he's a lunatic.

Thats not mind games. Who is it working on? Certainly not Wilson. It's just silly carry on of no benefit to Ronnie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

Was that not disrespectful to Wilson.

Like he wanted to control the end of it.
    And then he misses the black.

• Advertisement

That didn't make any sense

It absolutely did - looking at bigger picture - there's mud in your eye Jester, keep your trap shut next time, cos I'm number fawkin 1 Mate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,710 ✭✭✭✭walshb

What Ronnie do now?

It absolutely did - looking at bigger picture - there's mud in your eye Jester, keep your trap shut next time, cos I'm number fawkin 1 Mate.

Yeah, I think it was aimed at Selby alright. Can't think of any other reason, he normally concedes when he knows he can't win the frame.

Yeah, I think it was aimed at Selby alright. Can't think of any other reason, he normally concedes when he knows he can't win the frame.

That actually could be the reason. He never hangs around for snookers like that. And potting the last few balls was a bit unusual.

Great to see John Virgo doing a live feed here with the BBC lads.

• Advertisement
Advertisement