Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2020 World Snooker Championship

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭SnowyMay

Pretty rude of O’Sullivan, but his missing the black might have actually backfired on his “prank”, showing Wilson that Ronnie still isn’t on form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,710 ✭✭✭✭walshb

The lad is just an incessant attention seeker...can’t help himself.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Must be hard having a practise with 2 lads talking about you just beside the practice table

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

walshb wrote: »
    The lad is just an incessant attention seeker...can’t help himself.

Who?

It was about 8 minutes past 9 when frame was over. Close to 9.28 now.
    Must be 20 mins for interval here.

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Who?

Ronnie!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

walshb wrote: »
    Ronnie!!!

what happened??

Happy4all wrote: »
    what happened??

Presumably playing on needing 3 snookers, when only about 4 balls left. Very unlike Ronnie. Probably thumbing his nose at Selby. He don't do half-measures does Ron :pac:

What a plant!

what happened??

He basically kept on a frame - needed a snooker to win (that’s fair enough). Wilson made some awesome swerves. Ronnie potted the white. Missed a ball as well. Needed three snookers to win. Refused to concede. Got back onto the balls and ended up missing the final black.

It became unnecessary and, frankly, awkward and frustrating to watch, especially after so many long frames.

I like him as an entertainer (and an excellent player of course), but this was more of a bratty child kind of thing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

SnowyMay wrote: »
    He basically kept on a frame - needed a snooker to win (that’s fair enough). Wilson made some awesome swerves. Ronnie potted the white. Missed a ball as well. Needed three snookers to win. Refused to concede. Got back onto the balls and ended up missing the final black.

It became unnecessary and, frankly, awkward and frustrating to watch, especially after so many long frames.

I like him as an entertainer (and an excellent player of course), but this was more of a bratty child kind of thing.

agree, but strangely if it was Selby, some people would be admiring his never give up spirit

agree, but strangely if it was Selby, some people would be admiring his never give up spirit

Ah - I don’t know. Some people probably would be admiring Ronnie for that as well, but I think, at this stage, and knowing his form, most would expect him to let that one go.

Let’s just say, it wasn’t passion for the game that drove him in this instance.

I say fair play to him... It's not like the frame was dragged out by that much anyway.... It wouldn't have happened if Selby didn't start whinging, so Ron does what he does.
    Remember before when someone needed about 7 snookers against Ronnie - he just kept fouling on purpose :D

Effing with Ron is like poking a bear... I loved that crap last frame

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

I saw Coventry City guy got a mention a few posts ago - wasn't sure if he was there or not though. Don't remember Jimmy's fan at all - less coverage/channels in them days.

Jimmy's dad was always at his matches. Tommy White, was it him? Willie Thorne had a superfan, Racing Raymond, a bookie, he died a few years ago, and missed the King George at Kempton

Ah - I don’t know. Some people probably would be admiring Ronnie for that as well, but I think, at this stage, and knowing his form, most would expect him to let that one go.

Let’s just say, it wasn’t passion for the game that drove him in this instance.
    I say fair play to him... It's not like the frame was dragged out by that much anyway.... It wouldn't have happened if Selby didn't start whinging, so Ron does what he does.
    Remember before when someone needed about 7 snookers against Ronnie - he just kept fouling on purpose :D

Effing with Ron is like poking a bear... I loved that crap last frame

QED. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Ronnie has been awful most of the day and now Wilson looks to have won three on the spin. Needs to sharpen up soon or things will get a bit nervy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

Ronnie starting to lose the head a bit here?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Wilson seems to have gotten the hump and is actually playing now, few more frames and it's advantage Wilson.

Ronnie looks rattled.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Panrich

It's very hard to raise your game when you have been handed an easy lead without having to work very hard for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭risteard7

It feels like whenever Ronnie is bothered again he'll just step in & rattle off 2 or 3 frames. Strange final

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 541 ✭✭✭fran38

Jimmy's dad was always at his matches. Tommy White, was it him? Willie Thorne had a superfan, Racing Raymond, a bookie, he died a few years ago, and missed the King George at Kempton

Writing that i said to myself somebody will reckon im on about his dad. No, not his dad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Racing Raymond. Not heard that name for 30 years.

Sure the BBC will do something for Willie at tommorow's interval.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

How many more frames in this session after the current frame finishes?

Ronnie looks wrecked

To the poster - a few pages back, and I can't remember who it was - question is: did ya stick a C-Note on the warrior at 6/1?

• Advertisement

siblers wrote: »
    How many more frames in this session after the current frame finishes?

17 frames today (8 in the morning, 9 in the evening). Could end up 9-8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

It's not like people haven't come back from 8-0 down in the final before as I'm sure someone will remind Steve Davis again.

This is getting interesting now

Clareman wrote: »
    17 frames today (8 in the morning, 9 in the evening). Could end up 9-8

Is it two 9 frame sessions tomorrow or an 8 frame and 10 frame session?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

A bit???

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Advertisement

Ronnie has let this cocky Wilson back in and i have to say Ronnie is in trouble here.

I think it's 8 in the morning and then play to a finish, they always want to have the 4 sessions otherwise they'd have to refund the tickets for the forth session so they'll do all they can to ensure the forth session, could be wrong though

Plenty posters had written Wilson off only an hour ago. And slated the pundits for saying Ronnie was therefor the taking? Ive said all day he's there for the taking. Hes all over the shop.

It's not like people haven't come back from 8-0 down in the final before as I'm sure someone will remind Steve Davis again.

Only final not to have a century in it

This Ronnie show and them analysing every fooking detail is a bit OTT now...

And worse again a few posters were feeling sorry for Wilson.

8 and ten usually..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Always expected this first days play to be a bit on the flat side given yesterdays drama in both semi's.

Glad it's not looking like a walkover now, nothing worse than a walkover in the final of the WC's

Clareman wrote: »
    I think it's 8 in the morning and then play to a finish, they always want to have the 4 sessions otherwise they'd have to refund the tickets for the forth session so they'll do all they can to ensure the forth session, could be wrong though

Yeah I thought it was 8 frames in the afternoon and then to a finish but couldn’t remember!

I want Ronnie to win and couldn't care less if he won 18-0.

• Advertisement

He really is a magician when he's in full flow

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

It's always a bit foolish to write someone off after one session in this tournament, given how many games there are where momentum swings back and forth, it's why I love it, one more for Wilson tonight at least and it sets it up nicely for tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Ronnie all over the place today

Ronnie's body language after missing that red was so bad. You'd think it was frame ball in a deciding frame. Make no mistake Ronnie is suffering out there.

Ronnie hasn't got any worse I feel, overall - just Wilson getting better; I suppose it had to happen. He's rarely rubbish for extended periods.

To the punter who put 100e on Wilson at 6/1 you may get value yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,168 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Fair play to Kyren for not dropping the head and coming back a little. But I see the quality of the snooker hasn't improved. Man City are out of the Champions League, they lost 3-1.

sligeach wrote: »
    Fair play to Kyren for not dropping the head and coming back a little. But I see the quality of the snooker hasn't improved. Man City are out of the Champions League, they lost 3-1.

Oh you're back :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,168 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

To the punter who put 100e on Wilson at 6/1 you may get value yet.

I'd like to know the odds when he was 8-2 down.

• Advertisement

Hammer blow

Advertisement