Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2020 World Snooker Championship

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

About time Ronnie got some fortune.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,168 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Oh you're back :)

I flicked in and out, but mainly watched the football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,656 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Unlucky there, Kyren

What did I say before about Ronnie and luck? ;)

That's frame over. Time for the Mopper Upper.

sligeach wrote: »
    I flicked in and out, but mainly watched the football.

You're after bringing Ronnie some luck. Cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭AllForIt

It's always a bit foolish to write someone off after one session in this tournament, given how many games there are where momentum swings back and forth, it's why I love it, one more for Wilson tonight at least and it sets it up nicely for tomorrow.

Exactly. The great thing about longer matches is that it can always swing back and forth in terms of momentum because there is time for it to happen. And I think it's sad that so many other tournaments have reduced frames required to win, especially the UK.

Badly needed frame this. Can breath a little easier now.

Ken Dohertys makeup is a bit off putting.

Bit harsh saying Ronnie got some luck - it wasn't him at the table potting the blue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

I'd like to know the odds when he was 8-2 down.

14-1 was the biggest I saw then.

• Advertisement

Bit harsh saying Ronnie got some luck - it wasn't him at the table potting the blue.

I think he had overall bad luck in his semi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,463 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Ronnie hates the miss rule/ Wilson used it other day, and it was hard on McGill.
    Ronnie could have racked up some points, but didn't

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

This is absolutely awful.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Ronnie hates the miss rule/ Wilson used it other day, and it was hard on McGill.
    Ronnie could have racked up some points, but didn't

He was never going to have the white that far down the table so not taking the miss was the proper decision in my opinion, Wilson wasn't comfortable using the swan extension at all.

Selby and Vicki cracking open a bottle of bubbly now.

Big call but i think Ronnie is finished and Wilson is going to win this final. You heard it here first.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Selby and Vicki cracking open a bottle of bubbly now.

Considering he won a hundred grand for making the semi final I hope it isn't the first bottle they've opened.

Clareman wrote: »
    Considering he won a hundred grand for making the semi final I hope it isn't the first bottle they've opened.

I doubt he was in the mood for a few last night.

This is a horror show.

I hope Ronnie is more magnanimous than Selby; if, perish the thought, he loses.

• Advertisement

He needs to get to bed. Maybe a rest will do him good but his game is non existant.

Wilson would have taken your hand off for 10-7 earlier, he's looking good for 9-8, not bad for a lad in his first final

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭forumdedum

Just switched this on now. I can not see Ronnie beating Wilson if he does not engage in enough safety play. Wilson is a fine player.

I'd imagine he'd much prefer to keep playing rather than be playing the last frame of the day.

Where's the Ronnie fans who felt sorry for Wilson?

I would have thought Ronnie would be in a better mood for particularly beating Selby yesterday. But then again trying to predict or assume anything about Ronnie is a fools game.

More shocking body language. What's he at talking to himself and shaking his head? It's a mini meltdown and it's not pretty.

About time Ronnie got some luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Come on Ronnie close it out here and off home then

• Advertisement

Ronnie and his good luck strikes again! An absolute sickener. Wilson could be 9-8 ahead, instead he'll trail 10-7.

"The more I practise, the luckier I get" - Gary Player (amongst others)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭SnowyMay

Think Ronnie is not only tired, but also bored.

Not so many of us who would be bored with the hope of an extra few hundred grand, but, there it is.

Hope for a good night of sleep for both of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,112 ✭✭✭BQQ

Luck?
    He played that
    He’s a genius

And the canon for position on the brown
    Best to ever pick up a cue

*sarcasm alert*

I won't be bothered watching this. I know Selby's a bore but at least he stays focussed.

AllForIt wrote: »
    I would have thought Ronnie would be in a better mood for particularly beating Selby yesterday. But then again trying to predict or assume anything about Ronnie is a fools game.

I've given up on Ronnie. Too unpredictable for my tastes. Talent yes. Complete player? No.

• Advertisement

That was an excellent shot from Kyren. That was tough.

FFS! *Ronnie plays Get out of Jail Free card*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,112 ✭✭✭BQQ

Ronnie can’t throw this away
    And he’s trying

forumdedum wrote: »
    I won't be bothered watching this. I know Selby's a bore but at least he stays focussed.

I find this a lot more engaging, when the games are break off, long pot, total clearance, rinse and repeat it can get very boring. When a break can breakdown at any stage it's just drame.

What a reprieve! I was sick there thinking it was going 9-8.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Still Ronnie only lost tonight 4-5

He was unlucky with the kick but he's lucky to win that frame, both players look wrecked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

forumdedum wrote: »
    I've given up on Ronnie. Too unpredictable for my tastes. Talent yes. Complete player? No.
    Asshole: yes.

Hated the b*stard ever since he refused to finish a 147 years back because the prize money wasn't big enough. Did it once more after that too at least. He can win all the titles in the world multiple times over, he will NEVER be as great as Hendry. Hendry had respect, sportsmanship, genuine passion. Ronnie no longer has any of that, if he ever did. He can put on the best spectacle of all time when he's on his A-game, but deep down he's a self righteous ass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Robbery only losing one frame of the lead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,114 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Huge frame there.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

That'll play on Kyren's mind. Might ruin his night's sleep and help Ronnie sleep easy.

jaxxx wrote: »
    Asshole: yes.

Hated the b*stard ever since he refused to finish a 147 years back because the prize money wasn't big enough. Did it once more after that too at least. He can win all the titles in the world multiple times over, he will NEVER be as great as Hendry. Hendry had respect, sportsmanship, genuine passion. Ronnie no longer has any of that, if he ever did. He can put on the best spectacle of all time when he's on his A-game, but deep down he's a self righteous ass.

Only heard recently he refused to finish a 147. Attention seeking I would say. Not fair on paying audience.

I agree, never as great as Hendry. He had nerves of steel. Incredible consistency.

That'll play on Kyren's mind. Might ruin his night's sleep and help Ronnie sleep easy.

Definately will. Massive turning point.

Clareman wrote: »
    I find this a lot more engaging, when the games are break off, long pot, total clearance, rinse and repeat it can get very boring. When a break can breakdown at any stage it's just drame.

I don't like the way Ronnie only competes if he feels like it. For years he has said safety/snookers bore him. What a load of bull.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Still Ronnie only lost tonight 4-5

Wilson had his chances, maybe he will do better tomorrow with a rest, needs it. Wasn't a great day's play, 3 frames is not an insurmountable lead, but Wilson keeps chucking frames at Ronnie, who doesn't need any help. Has to cut the mistakes, but probably won't.

• Advertisement
Advertisement