Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2020 World Snooker Championship

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,857 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Are Yan and Slessor going to keep tipping round this red all evening?:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Couldn't believe he didn't play that blue into the pink & black to open them up.

Utter madness.

Getting what he deserves at the moment.

Have to agree. Lot of very tentative safety shots in that exchange from both players but was screaming for Murphy in particular to go for the initiative. Love a safety battle but my biggest beef with current players is how many containing shots they play. Anyway, Murphy sub standard today and Noppon punished him.

Fair play to slessor for making that interesting anyway. Yan kind of over the line in a heap. Feeling very relieved i imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Fair play to slessor for making that interesting anyway. Yan kind of over the line in a heap. Feeling very relieved i imagine.

Slessor looked very good in the second session, his already beaten the rocket twice in his career

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭waynescales1

Will have to get behind Jordan Brown this year since there’s no Irish involvement.

Perry and McManus in the commentary box, that’s a quality pairing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Where's this heavy breathing coming from the last few days - on BBC Four?

Lovely break this from McGill. That shot potting the pink and canoning the blue into the pack was delightful, great imagination.

No commentary on the Selby Brown game on Eurosport player. Is that normally the case?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Looking good for McGill. Has upped his game this evening and Lisowski doesn't look to have the answers.

Selby - Brown just gone from BBC4. Selby 2-1 down and all to play for in frame 4 as of 2 minutes ago.

I have Sky so am wondering why the 'red button' does nothing ie no access to 'player' or whatever it's called.

• Advertisement

Looking good for McGill. Has upped his game this evening and Lisowski doesn't look to have the answers.

Played some nice stuff and should get it done from here i think. Funny player. Has the shots and temperament but he's 40 in the rankings so doesnt seem to be consistent. Qualifies for crucible every year so does seem to like this tourney at least.

I don't see McGill doing a 'Gilbert'/ 'Wilson' this year. He's good alright, but he's missing something.
    No great shakes if he does go on to beat Lisowski, who always blows hot and cold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

You have to be a paying punter. I.e. a UK licence fee payer to access iplayer. Legally.

We can only complain so much about the bbc outside their juristiction. If you were in the UK you'd have everything on iplayer and online.

I'm annoyed meself when they cut it short but we get a great deal imo.

Why didn't McGill go into baulk to give himself a good angle for that black? Strange shot. And then a very poor safety from McGill to leave Lisowski with that long red. And Lisowski certainly punished him. Fantastic clearance. McGill will be under it now, bigtime.

Yeah johnson was all over it on that positional shot with the black in baulk. Then took 2 minutes to play that fairly rubbish safety shot. Never mind seeing them punished. Definitely game still on alright.

8 pound for a months access to Eurosport and they show every single match to completion

Selby - Brown just gone from BBC4. Selby 2-1 down and all to play for in frame 4 as of 2 minutes ago.

I have Sky so am wondering why the 'red button' does nothing ie no access to 'player' or whatever it's called.

8 pound for a months access to Eurosport and they show every single match to completion

Thanks for clarifying Arthur - I thought I was missing something seeing others mention the Player.
    Some folks just more savvy when it comes to watching online. I have to agree on the bbc - we can have no
    complaints this side of the pond.

Wasn't aware of that.... Will keep it in mind at least.... Thanks

• Advertisement

The eurosport player didn't inspire much confidence when I last tried Chrome casting it about 18 months ago. Maybe it's improved. It needed to anyway.

Thanks for clarifying Arthur - I thought I was missing something seeing others mention the Player.
    Some folks just more savvy when it comes to watching online. I have to agree on the bbc - we can have no
    complaints this side of the pond.

Remember not so long ago before Eurosport were doing the snooker it was a bloody nightmare.

BBC would show from 13.00 - 18.00 during the Worlds and a match could be gone to a decider and once it hit 18.00 they were gone for the news. And sometimes they might even show Stormont live from 13.00 - 15.00 because we got BBC Northern Ireland.

And then they might show an hour or two in the evening.

It was a disaster.

Eurosport deserve so much credit for letting us enjoy the whole tournament.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Happy to give Eurosport €40 a year for the player. Means I can have all the tournaments on the 2nd screen in work and choose what match to watch in the bigger tournaments.

Going to a decider. Pressure just seemed to lift off lisowski when he went 4 down. Different player now. Might all change now he's favourite again though.

McGill was so happy go lucky smiling away when he broke on scene in the Crucible a few years ago. Dennis was in love with him, must have seen him as his successor.

Looks a fairly dour Scot these days. Might start grinning again if he clears up here to win 10-9

I remember about a year or more ago I had the option now and then to 'red button'
    on Eurosport - maybe it was an introductory offer or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Red button is gone from RoI 3 or 4 years now I think. There's a way to get it on Sky by tuning it in under 'other channels', or at least there used to be.

Selby looking frazzled - seems to be this way last 2 or 3 years.

Maybe the way he played to win all he did is starting to weigh on
    him. Not the player he was 5 years ago.

Never would have fancied that pink at 9-9

Agony for McGill trying to get the right side of the blue. And Joe Jonhnson saying it was a great chance i dont think so. Bit awkward.

Lisowski back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭waynescales1

zuutroy wrote: »
    Red button is gone from RoI 3 or 4 years now I think. There's a way to get it on Sky by tuning it in under 'other channels', or at least there used to be.

Yeah that’s how I watch, BBC RB1 is the channel name.

• Advertisement

Completely forgot about no crowd because the action is so absorbing.

'Shredsville' here, or whatever Jimmy's new word is for it nowadays,

Neither player can complain about losing 10-9. Each had decent chances

That blue isnt on. Is Joe Johnson blind?

Great shot McGill!

Good reply Lisowski.

Great shot McGill!

Another great reply. Holy moly!

Another very good shot by McGill and Lisowski just after.

Get in!!! What an unbelievable blue. How did it drop even? Incredibly brave blue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Get in!!! What an unbelievable blue. How did it drop even? Incrediy brave blue.

Looked like it was going to stay up when it rattled the Jaws, that was a highly entertaining game.

Great game and great shot to win it. Lisowski played some great safety there, took a great pot to beat him.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭paddyref

Great finish, both players had good chances and could have gone either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭paddyref

Great finish, both players had good chances and could have gone either way.

The eurosport player didn't inspire much confidence when I last tried Chrome casting it about 18 months ago. Maybe it's improved. It needed to anyway.

Much improved. I only watch the world championship on it and remember a lot of buffering and crashing on the Chromecast. No problem yet this year

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭FrKurtFahrt

Eurosport commentators had a serious hardon for Lewkowski there - never saw anything wrong with any shot he played . It was not a match I would have chosen to watch ( I snuck over to see the score, and stayed because of the drama), but I thought the bias was striking. McGill did well, with neither player being particularly eye-catching.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Had little or no interest in Lisowski/McGill when it started this morning.
    Glued to it by 9pm tonight. Have to love the Crucible.

Colin Murray wrapping up the post match interview fairly quickly as McGill not one to engage in Murray's chirpy, lads banter nonsense. A definate personality clash there. McGill maybe a bit dour but it matters little as he rolls on to the next round. Best finish to a match so far.

I get the feeling that if the killer bug is hovering around the Crucible, that rather skimpy looking plastic partition that you'd see between machines down your local bookies might not come to the players rescue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Next couple of days. Asterisk is final session.

Tuesday
    10am
    Shaun Murphy v Noppon Saengkham *
    Mark Allen v Jamie Clarke
    2:30pm
    Mark Selby v Jordan Brown *
    Steven Maguire v Martin Gould
    7pm
    Mark Allen v Jamie Clarke *
    Barry Hawkins v Alexander Ursenbacher

Wednesday. Final 2 games in R1, start of R2. No morning session.
    1pm
    Barry Hawkins v Alexander Ursenbacher *
    John Higgins v Kurt Maflin (R2)
    7pm
    Steven Maguire v Martin Gould *
    Mark Williams v Stuart Bingham (R2)

Advertisement