Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booking app for small business

Options
  • 29-07-2020 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi, can anyone recommend a simple booking app for a small business? Like MINDBODY - where the classes available are displayed to the customer and they can book and pay online.
    TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Do you want an app or something you can hook into your website?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 corkgirl94

mneylon wrote: »
    Do you want an app or something you can hook into your website?

No not necessarily. As long as we can put a link to the booking site or the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

corkgirl94 wrote: »
    No not necessarily. As long as we can put a link to the booking site or the app.

Some of this might help https://youtu.be/gq7_qoOOQbM

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

I built an entire booking platform and have used just about every booking system on the market. Your best choice really depends on what you want to achieve and what your business is. For gyms and health sector, MindBody is the defacto choice but its not the only one.

For every other sector, you need to be careful as most booking systems are either hyper focused or too broad so you need to compromise to make them work well for your business, and most offer a terrible experience to the end consumer.

What is your business? And what are clients booking?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 corkgirl94

ironclaw wrote: »
    I built an entire booking platform and have used just about every booking system on the market. Your best choice really depends on what you want to achieve and what your business is. For gyms and health sector, MindBody is the defacto choice but its not the only one.

For every other sector, you need to be careful as most booking systems are either hyper focused or too broad so you need to compromise to make them work well for your business, and most offer a terrible experience to the end consumer.

What is your business? And what are clients booking?

Equestrian, and clients would be booking lessons of different abilities. Some other equestrian facilities are using ItsPlainSailing but I don’t like that format. I much prefer how simple MindBody is for the client.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭davindub

Equestrian, and clients would be booking lessons of different abilities. Some other equestrian facilities are using ItsPlainSailing but I don’t like that format. I much prefer how simple MindBody is for the client.

If you have a website, you could just add a booking app? For example in wordpress you will find a theme with a booking system included..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

MindBody is pretty expensive at scale, there are lot of costs involved especially if you have a lot of clients. It also doesn't really work well for your sector as MindBody is really sold to gyms and health care, not equestrian or experiences.

As mentioned above, if you already have a website you could look at the likes of WooCommerce Bookings. It's pretty good out of the box and I know of a number of venues that use it. A huge advantage is no ongoing fees, you own 'the building' as it were versus paying a monthly or per booking amount with other systems.

If you wanted a system that was handled for you and you just dropped it onto a site, Bokun, Checkfront and Rezgo are pretty widely used but I'm not a huge fan of their look and feel.

Advertisement