Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accessing BOI account via Apple watch/ a wearable finally?

Options
  • 29-07-2020 3:36pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I know this has been a long outstanding question.

I keep seeing this advert on Instagram from BOI payment solutions where a person is waving their watch at a BOI card terminal, does this mean it now works for BOI retail customers?

https://www.boipa.com/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Eve

Hi there, thanks for reaching out to us here on Boards.ie today. 

We do intend to introduce phone payments in the future. Please be assured that as soon as we can confirm timings for this we’ll be sure to let our customers know. 

I hope this information helps. If you’ve any further queries please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us here, we’ll certainly do our best to help. 

Thanks, Eve 

• Registered Users Posts: 10,632 ✭✭✭✭28064212

BOI Payment Acceptance doesn't have anything to do with BOI's customer banking. BOIPA provide card terminals to businesses - those terminals accept payments from solutions like Google/Apple Pay, and have for years. BOI customer banking do not provide those solutions.

Honestly, it's been nearly 5 years since Google Pay launched in Ireland. It could easily be another 5 before BOI support it. Just move bank if you want it

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Megan

28064212 wrote: »
    BOI Payment Acceptance doesn't have anything to do with BOI's customer banking. BOIPA provide card terminals to businesses - those terminals accept payments from solutions like Google/Apple Pay, and have for years. BOI customer banking do not provide those solutions.

Honestly, it's been nearly 5 years since Google Pay launched in Ireland. It could easily be another 5 before BOI support it. Just move bank if you want it
    Hi 28064212, 

Thanks for reaching out to us.

I can completely understand why you would feel this way.

Rest assured, we are working to implement Mobile Payments in the very near future. Once there is an update on the launch, we will be sure to let our customers know. 

Thanks again for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We value all feedback you have. 

If you have any queries, please feel free to get in touch with us.

Many thanks, 
    Megan

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

28064212 wrote: »

Thanks, sort of guessed that, ironic one side of BOI show something the other side of the bank don't offer ....was hoping I was wrong!

Have an account with Revolut so I can use the technology now, my BOI account is still open....for now.

Advertisement