Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New shower of "antis"?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

24th and 25th of October in the curragh!?
    Jaysus I might head myself for a giggle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

If it’s a set up to deal with the reporting of actual wildlife crime I can’t see any problem with it, quite the contrary.

If on the other hand it’s a vehicle to be abused by a bunch of anti’s to harass law abiding hunters than it’s different kettle of fish.

No matter how you twist or turn it resources in NPWS and Gardai to investigate wildlife crime will not increase by introducing a phone app.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭wexfordman2

Not. sure I would be keen to have my photo and r.car reg etc posted up on app for storage and visibility by God knows who. I wonder are there gdpr issues ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Basically some clown with a phone and an app can take a picture of me on my hunting land and send lication to report me hunting or cruelty as they see it and everyone else will know the location so I'm at a risk then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭wexfordman2

Basically some clown with a phone and an app can take a picture of me on my hunting land and send lication to report me hunting or cruelty as they see it and everyone else will know the location so I'm at a risk then?

Exactly, but I wonder could it see PAW landing in legal difficulty pretty quick the minute they allow the first slip up happen.
    Having your details of any kind posted in an app secificy designed to report a crime, is threading on very thin ice. I hope they found an insurance company daft enough to cover them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭German pointer

Will PAW be out patrolling areas ?

And if so will they be PAW PATROL 😂😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,088 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Not. sure I would be keen to have my photo and r.car reg etc posted up on app for storage and visibility by God knows who. I wonder are there gdpr issues ?
    Most deffo some issues,as if they are reporting a possible crime,and it turns out not to be,who or what organisation has access to this data and how will it be deleted or otherwise stored and by whom?
    Maybe a call to the Data protection comissioner office might be in order?
    Like Communism ,it sounds good in theory...

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Advertisement