Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What could I use to take this coating off my wooden floor

• 29-07-2020 7:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,277 ✭✭✭✭

We use ronseal wood reviver to keep our parquet shiney (was recommended by the fitter )

https://www.ronseal.com/for-home/floor-care/wood-floor-maintenance/hardwood-floor-restorer-and-protector/

I decided to let the cleaner apply it one week and she put it on way to thick so now we have almost like a film on sections of the floor. It’s like a really night varnish if you scratch with your nail it’ll come off .

Anything I could use to clean the floor that would lift it without damaging the wood (solid oak )

You can see half way on this image a section where the cloudy finish is

13SP6PA.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭mikehn

That cloudy area looks as if it was missed when applying the reviver. I would be inclined to coat a small test patch on the cloudy area before trying to strip what is already down. Perhaps the cleaner wasnt as experienced/particular as you yourselves would have been and missed some areas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,277 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

mikehn wrote: »
    That cloudy area looks as if it was missed when applying the reviver. I would be inclined to coat a small test patch on the cloudy area before trying to strip what is already down. Perhaps the cleaner wasnt as experienced/particular as you yourselves would have been and missed some areas.

No it’s the other way around the cloudy area is where there is too much off it

If you rubbed the area with a nail it starts to crumble away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭Cerco

I would contact Ronseal directly with this query.
    Their products, they would know best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,111 ✭✭✭✭listermint

i would have though a floor polisher should bring it all back uniform (electric)

listermint wrote: »
    i would have though a floor polisher should bring it all back uniform (electric)

doesnt appear so, or at least my bissel spinwave doesnt,

have emailed ronseal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,256 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Cyrus wrote: »
    doesnt appear so, or at least my bissel spinwave doesnt,

have emailed ronseal

I'd say you want something a bit more powerful...

GreeBo wrote: »
    I'd say you want something a bit more powerful...

but presume ill need a product as well? and what would the product be?

also i can see some floor polishers but i dont want to scratch it either! any recommendations?

maybe i need to hire a pro!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,256 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

You should be able to buff it off with just a polisher...but if that didnt work I would be getting someone out, its not worth the hassle to feck up your floor.

Any product that ronseal recommend is going to take it all off I presume, which you dont want.

GreeBo wrote: »
    You should be able to buff it off with just a polisher...but if that didnt work I would be getting someone out, its not worth the hassle to feck up your floor.

Any product that ronseal recommend is going to take it all off I presume, which you dont want.

i think ill get someone out, get it polished while we are at it

doesnt need a sanding but a decent polish is no harm.

Advertisement