Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House Renovation Companies in Cork

• 29-07-2020 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Nearly fell over at the Sigma Homes quote, minimum 150,000. Way too fancy for my needs as well. I just need a 2 bed house fully renovated.

Other companies I found are

• Brian Malone construction
    • Titan Construction
    • KMC Homes
    Are there any other reputable renovation companies around cork that you know of? (hopefully not bank breakers and fairly sound).

Happy with builders too so long as I don't get the "we're busy for the next 2 years speech". Pretty much ready to go here.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 137 ✭✭yogmeister

Davesnexus wrote: »
    Nearly fell over at the Sigma Homes quote, minimum 150,000. Way too fancy for my needs as well. I just need a 2 bed house fully renovated.

• Titan Construction
    • KMC Homes
    Are there any other reputable renovation companies around cork that you know of? (hopefully not bank breakers and fairly sound).

Happy with builders too so long as I don't get the "we're busy for the next 2 years speech". Pretty much ready to go here.

I got dennehys builders to do my house about 2 years ago. Their office is near blarney Street. Like yourself I had an old 2 bedroom house that needed modernisation. They rewired, re plumbed, plastered, moved a few walls and fitted new windows and doors for a reasonable price. I was lucky too at the time cause the home renovation scheme was still going too and they sorted all that. I was happy with what they done for the price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,018 ✭✭✭opus

I've had dealing with two builders over the last five years, both were grand to deal with.

South and County Construction
    A.F.F. Construction

No problem dropping me a PM if you want any further info.

Btw depending on where your house is location check out the Living City scheme from the council.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭cantalach

• Titan Construction
    • KMC Homes

Brian Malone did a super renovation for us. Very honest guy and very pleasant to deal with. Engineering background. Nice lads working for him. No hesitation recommending.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,524 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

• Titan Construction
    • KMC Homes

Heard before about Sigma and their prices, their projects look very fancy and hence the price tag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Dbu

Tom O'Sullivan and Titan did our extension. More than happy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Davesnexus

Thanks, will PM

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Agnes H

I have architect drawings but am looking for a builder. Has anyone received a quote from Sigma Homes for a build ? How did the quote compare to other companies ? Thanks.

Of all the builders and construction companies I contacted and got quotes from Sigma were the worst and most expensive.

It took them an exceptionally long time to ever call me back. They wanted over 400 Euro just to come out and visit to discuss my 'vision' for a home.

I'm not doubting their building ability as I never got that far with them. I just found their customer service to be terrible and their services overpriced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Dbu

Of all the builders and construction companies I contacted and got quotes from Sigma were the worst and most expensive.

It took them an exceptionally long time to ever call me back. They wanted over 400 Euro just to come out and visit to discuss my 'vision' for a home.

I'm not doubting their building ability as I never got that far with them. I just found their customer service to be terrible and their services overpriced.

Wow, Hope it lasts for them

Thanks for the feedback. I hope to have a budget of only €200,000 for a house extension and so have to make sure I get as much value as possible.

• Advertisement

No problem. I wouldn't post too much information online about your budget. I wouldn't tell the builders either ;) Let them give you a quote first.

Again, just from my experience Sigma will eat that for breakfast. You might be surprise that many of those types of companies have minimum budgets.

Some of the other companies mentioned on here are good choices. Feel free to PM if you want any more info.

Thank you, your advice is much appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Karmella

Just bumping this thread - I came across these guys “Ryan Roofing & Renovations” (an advert on Facebook). Anyone have any experience with them?

i have a relatively small job - attic conversion & revamped bathroom & heating/ plumbing system.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭THENORTHSIDER

Be very careful of companies that advertise on social media so easy to edit services as their work. Don't be afraid to investigate, your money no matter the quantity and how its spent is really important so don't take a chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Karmella

Yes that’s why I was asking - it all looks good on screen but sure it could be a complete spoof

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Richmond Ultra

Run a mile from Titan. A neighbour is having a 15 week build that is reaching its second anniversary. I would run a mile from them.

According to people I have spoken to the communication isn't great with them.

Advertisement