Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broken AM4 Motherboard - Will it sell?

Options
  • 29-07-2020 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭

I have an ASUS Rog Strix B450-F , that cost me over E120, not long after i got it i had some issues.. I got the error USB over current on bootup, so i took it out and took out the cpu only to get some thermal paste on the socket. I've since replaced the motherboard altogether but was hoping to recoup something from it. Yes i know i'm stupid btw.

Will it sell if i throw it on ebay? whats a fair price?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Video wrote: »
    I have an ASUS Rog Strix B450-F , that cost me over E120, not long after i got it i had some issues.. I got the error USB over current on bootup, so i took it out and took out the cpu only to get some thermal paste on the socket. I've since replaced the motherboard altogether but was hoping to recoup something from it. Yes i know i'm stupid btw.

Will it sell if i throw it on ebay? whats a fair price?

Why would anyone buy a broken motherboard?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Aye he might get a tenner for it if someone thinks they can fix it, beyond that no hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Video

to fix it and probably resell it?

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Aodhan5000

Can the thermal paste not just be cleaned off with some distilled water or some sort of alcohol no? Or did u turn it back on and short something?

Advertisement