Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plant identification

Options
  • 29-07-2020 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

I have 2 plants growing in pots which I do not know the names of. can anyone help please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Ceirseach

Tall one looks like a gladioli. Would need to see flower to be sure.
    Yellow one is a dahlia.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 IndigoStar

Ceirseach wrote: »
    Tall one looks like a gladioli. Would need to see flower to be sure.
    Yellow one is a dahlia.

Yep, that's exactly what they are ⬆️

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Josh2015

thats great thank you very much. Wonder why there is so much vegetation on the dahila compared to flowers?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,429 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Josh2015 wrote: »
    thats great thank you very much. Wonder why there is so much vegetation on the dahila compared to flowers?

Looks ok to me, I thought what a nice looking plant it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭MildThing84

Picture This is an excellent app. 19.99 per year but identifies all plants, trees, weeds etc and how to treat them. I find myself going around photographing every plant i see :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Can I stick mine in here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

Google Lens is also another option and is free. Just take a photo as normal, go into your google photos on phone tap the lens icon. It will bring up information of what it is.

kneemos wrote: »
    Can I stick mine in here.

Just used the app on it. It's a bush lily. Native to South Africa and Swaziland and can be grown as a houseplant. It prefers shade and can tolerate a min temp of 10 degrees C. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Just used the app on it. It's a bush lily. Native to South Africa and Swaziland and can be grown as a houseplant. It prefers shade and can tolerate a min temp of 10 degrees C. :D

Thought it was a bit like that alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭auspicious

I let the wildflower patch overgrow this year and only mowed it a few weeks ago.
    One plant type has taken over since and it is very busy with native bees.
    I think it's Winter Cress?

• Advertisement

Yep its wintercress or garden yellowrocket.

It is all over my garden too and i have left it alone for the bees to enjoy! Some growth out of it in the past few weeks.

Advertisement