Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SummerSlam 2020 *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭Infernum

I think it's the way he entered that adds to the illusion people have that he's supposed to be the heel.

Post-Shield Roman rarely just came out of nowhere with the attacks rather than making a normal entrance.
    (I'm aware there are probably some exceptions to this)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I got the feeling we finally got the Roman that we should be getting as an ass kicking babyface

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Loughc wrote: »
    Why is everyone thinking Roman is the heel? The Fiend and Braun have both been portrayed as heel monsters??

Roman over came the odds again by beating the 2 of them.

Roman will be face no doubt about it.

It was the way he was mouthing off at them and the things he was saying all sounded very heelish. And he also seemed far more aggressive than we've seen him before.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

It was the way he was mouthing off at them and the things he was saying all sounded very heelish. And he also seemed far more aggressive than we've seen him before.

On a show where you have The Fiend, Braun as now both heels, King Corbin, AJ Stlyes, The Miz also all heels, there's no way they will position Roman as a heel.

It's as Sky88 said he's now going to be a more ass kicking babyface.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I could see him as a heel for a while. Or at least more of a tweener rather than a straight face.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

titan18 wrote: »
    I could see him as a heel for a while. Or at least more of a tweener rather than a straight face.

I think tweener will be the best way to describe him, he won't have to play up to the crowd as there is none so he can act a bit more heelish and be more aggressive.

But I'm calling it now WWE will have him overcoming the odds prob by next weeks Payback. I would be surprised if it was a Braun/Fiend vs. Reigns handicap match in which Reigns wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,138 ✭✭✭ThePott

I know a lot of people are pointing to the spear by a member of Retribution as proof it's Roman but if I remember correctly that spear was a rolling spear which Roman doesn't use.

Now maybe that was to throw people off the scent but I don't think it was Roman, although it could be a shout-out to the Leader if it Roman. I find Roman being the leader kinda dumb, I think there are people with much bigger gripes with WWE than one of their biggest most pushed stars.

ThePott wrote: »
    I know a lot of people are pointing to the spear by a member of Retribution as proof it's Roman but if I remember correctly that spear was a rolling spear which Roman doesn't use.

Now maybe that was to throw people off the scent but I don't think it was Roman, although it could be a shout-out to the Leader if it Roman. I find Roman being the leader kinda dumb, I think there are people with much bigger gripes with WWE than one of their biggest most pushed stars.

Roman doesn't need to be the leader of Retribution. They either need to create a new star to reignite an old one, and Reigns doesn't need it.

I'm hoping it will be The Miz and have him and Retribution feud with Roman.

Lately people have been alluding to the leader being CM Punk... the voice of the voiceless etc and all that.

And that Vince was desperate to shake things up by bringing Punk back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Roman doesn't need to be the leader of Retribution. They either need to create a new star to reignite an old one, and Reigns doesn't need it.

I'm hoping it will be The Miz and have him and Retribution feud with Roman.

Lately people have been alluding to the leader being CM Punk... the voice of the voiceless etc and all that.

And that Vince was desperate to shake things up by bringing Punk back in.

Be great if it was Punk, but I'd say not. Bryan is a potential though imo.

Although, lets face it, it's all the performance center guys and there's no actual direction here. They're just throwing sh1t at the wall seeing what will stick with it and Raw Underground.

titan18 wrote: »
    Although, lets face it, it's all the performance center guys and there's no actual direction here. They're just throwing sh1t at the wall seeing what will stick with it and Raw Underground.

I 100% thought this week 1 and 2.

I do think they're going to use it now to enhance a star and all the subtle hints to the miz could well be him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,138 ✭✭✭ThePott

Agreed, it being Roman would be a misplay,this can be a chance to give another talent some direction. Not sure about the Miz, I do get the feeling they're not entirely sure what to do with the faction though.

Don't think there's any chance it's Punk. Bringing Punk back without a crowd would be a waste. It's probably some NXT guys and one big name as a leader.

It is weird that they promote them so much on their show, I feel like they should play it up as being unsanctioned and not part of WWE's booking. Surprised they didn't have a presence at Summerslam as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,132 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Nice to see Dominik paying tribute to his real father with those frog splashes. Though that hood was annoying.

Roman was very heelish with the "I made you!" statements.

Mandy was actually pretty dominant and I did like that whole thing of sliding the chairs across the table.

On the preshow, when fake Charly was introducing Zelina and co, it looked like Zelina had hooves with what she was wearing. Was strange

• Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Roman isn't heel or face, they're just going for the badass "Stone Cold" thing where he'll beat anyone up.

His shirt was even a rip-off of Austin's Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

J. Marston wrote: »
    Roman isn't heel or face, they're just going for the badass "Stone Cold" thing where he'll beat anyone up.

His shirt was even a rip-off of Austin's Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.

I thought that was Kevin Owens persona from last year :pac:

It certainly was but that's the only formula WWE had. An Anti-Hero who attacks everyone and anyone and gets over....

All he needs now is an evil authority figure to overcome... thankfully that storyline hasn't been done in at least a month.

Becky had something similar for a while also. They keep trying to catch lightning in a bottle again although it worked to some degree with her.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,450 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

roman calling Bray a fat weirdo in a mask or something like that

Rollins attire was the coolest I've seen in a long time. He should keep it.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,698 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Roman without the chest protector and looks like he has been working out while he has been away.

Vince would love for him to be shredded I'd say not have to wear that chest protector and show off some defined pecs and a six pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,450 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Let's hope this is a soft repackage of Roman

New music, new ring attire and new merchandise

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Why is everyone thinking Roman is the heel? The Fiend and Braun have both been portrayed as heel monsters??

Roman over came the odds again by beating the 2 of them.

Roman will be face no doubt about it.

He will be presented as a face. Ive no doubt.

After all the 'youll never see it coming' there was nothing I didnt see coming. And I couldnt be less excited about a Roman return. Hes no Rock..... no HBK.....no Cena. Hes a fine wrestler but hes as bland and boring as ever.

WWE will shove him down our throats as usual, trying to make him a bad ass face. Roman in his current form appears stale to me.

I dont think they will make him the leader of retribution, but Id rather see Roman as the heel leader than as the face who overcomes them in a Cena v Nexus way.

I can see Punk being asked to come back but I dunno if making him the leader of Retribution would be good for him, its very Nexus like and Punk wouldnt help that look.

I lime Miz and I wanna see him elevated but hes no leader. They need someone more credible, not a cowardly heel.

And now retribution last night, or did I miss it? I only saw a recap.

Again, After all the 'you'll never see it coming' I was expecting something bigger than "Oh roman"

How many times did they mention a variation of "never see it coming"?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

CastorTroy wrote: »
    How many times did they mention a variation of "never see it coming"?

I know they mentioned Orton not seeing the Claymore coming, Sasha not seeing the Bank Statement reversal coming.... Roman returning..... nothing shocking really took place

Drew's backslide win too. It was a really horrible commentary call. Felt like the ref's hand was coming down for the three and whoever the lead commentator is was already saying "NEVER SAW IT COMING!"

I wonder what has changed for Roman to come back now when he was staying away for his and his families health the Pandemic is worse than ever in the States and Florida being such a hot spot and the WWE itself not being the safest working environment when it comes to protecting its staff.

You could ask the same of Kevin Owens as well who publicly made such a huge deal about staying away and he has been back now a few weeks.

Roman will be a tweener, in the mold of Stone Cold.

I wonder what has changed for Roman to come back now when he was staying away for his and his families health the Pandemic is worse than ever in the States and Florida being such a hot spot and the WWE itself not being the safest working environment when it comes to protecting its staff.

You could ask the same of Kevin Owens as well who publicly made such a huge deal about staying away and he has been back now a few weeks.

I think someone here said ones will be returning now they moved to a larger venue.
    But Owens was back a couple weeks after speaking out

Let’s just say Vince had a talk with them all and his words moved them..... TO A BIGGER HOUSE

b2bdb897f5796086-600x338.jpg

The fans on ThunderDome were being directed on how to react and who to boo and who to cheer.

The fan who had the sign fire Dream was banned.

• Advertisement

I wasn't surprised Graves and Cole couldn't tell it was Roman, with all the camera cuts happening at the time.
    I'm beginning to think every wrestler has sensors all over their body that causes the camera to change on impact

Advertisement