Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lidl 40in blaupunkt smart led tv

• 29-07-2020 11:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 459 ✭✭

Hi just enquiring about this tv on sale from tomoro in lidl. Looking at buying a reasonably priced one, anyone ever had this one? Was wondering if it has the playstore on it where can download apps? Says online it's android, so should have it?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,477 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Blaupunkt will be pretty mediocre generally, but for €249 it’s not bad. App selection was poor on their older ones but if it’s android then that won’t be as much an issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 459 ✭✭buzzing147

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Blaupunkt will be pretty mediocre generally, but for €249 it’s not bad. App selection was poor on their older ones but if it’s android then that won’t be as much an issue.

Cheers yea I seen online there's a 40 in android blaupunkt, but doesn't seem to say the model number on lidl site, I use an Android box that keeps freezing and Sony TV is getting old, was thinking of risking this one. Not a great make tho

Some of them run Linux instead of Android, so don’t assume unless it’s listed on the box.

Might be the same as this one in Lidl Germany
    https://www.lidl.de/de/blaupunkt-fernseher-40-zoll-fullhd-smarttv/p320709

Was €229 in Curry’s
    https://www.currys.ie/ieen/tv-and-home-entertainment/televisions/televisions/blaupunkt-40-138q-40-smart-led-tv-10201656-pdt.html

If it’s the same one

Some of them run Linux instead of Android, so don’t assume unless it’s listed on the box.

Might be the same as this one in Lidl Germany
    https://www.lidl.de/de/blaupunkt-fernseher-40-zoll-fullhd-smarttv/p320709

Was €229 in Curry’s

https://www.currys.ie/ieen/tv-and-home-entertainment/televisions/televisions/blaupunkt-40-138q-40-smart-led-tv-10201656-pdt.html

If it’s the same one

Yea it's out of stock in currys, have a Samsung and Sony so this could be a step back but tempted because good reviews, will read box first in store to make sure it's android

I would be surprised if it was Android, but good luck with it anyway.

• Advertisement

I would be surprised if it was Android, but good luck with it anyway.

Cheers, I'm actually thinking of straying from it now! Had a Sony that lasted 10 years but now needs a part, considering length of time tv lasted and worked perfectly, worth the few bob extra I suppose

buzzing147 wrote: »
    Cheers, I'm actually thinking of straying from it now! Had a Sony that lasted 10 years but now needs a part, considering length of time tv lasted and worked perfectly, worth the few bob extra I suppose

My tv died a few months back(Samsung). Replaced it with a cheaper brand. Regretted being cheap after it arrived. It just didn't have the finish the Samsung had. Little, niggling things. The remote feels cheap in my hand, screen clarity isn't as good as I'm used to.

Plus, knowing i went cheap means I'm aware that it's cheap, if that makes any sense.

As you say, going from a Sony to a Blaupunkt would be a step back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Yyhhuuu

Why do Lidl never state the model no. On their tvs. I had the same issue with an LG I bought a few weeks ago from them 43' LG Smart for €339.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,482 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Yyhhuuu wrote: »
    Why do Lidl never state the model no. On their tvs. I had the same issue with an LG I bought a few weeks ago from them 43' LG Smart for €339.

Currys do the same with Samsung TVs, the flex their muscles buying power to get them shipped with special model numbers. Which serves two purposes....

1. They can issue a completely meaningless 'price promise' to refund the difference if you can find the same model for sale elsewhere for less. Which they know is simply impossible.

2. You can't find that model on the Samsung website. Which allows them to disguise the fact that they are selling models which are one and two years old.

Advertisement