Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Infographics piece on Irish Magdalene Laundry institution history

Options
  • 30-07-2020 9:21am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭

The infographics director seems to like doing exposes on depravity - serial killers, corrupt leaders, criminals etc.

The segments are typically concise, to the point, and in accordance with their channel name, "informative".

When I saw "Irish Magdalene Laundry" in the title, I was particularly intrigued to listen to their point of view.

This had come to attention several years ago in the Irish media, in particular some terrible incidences related to infanticide.

How is this a CURRENT affair you may ask?

Well, in relation to Irish culture in general and leadership, as that segment outlines, this organisation was funded by the Irish government itself.

The contemporary question, question pertaining to current affairs is - is there still backing for these types of institutions in the Irish government?
    That is to say, that way of thinking?
    Their establishment having the initial purpose to take in prostitutes and women of promiscuity - according to that clip.

And when I say, "Irish Government", it's like anonymous organization - no.

It's comprised of people just like you and I, making decisions and dictating policy on behalf of a nation.

So really the question is, government being comprised of TD's/ministers, what ministers specifically would continue to endorse this type of institutionalization and dictate policy on the basis of their advocacy for it?

Hey if that's not a current affair I don't know what is.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭JasonStatham

The people in the government aren't like me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭bo0li5eumx12kp

I mean, ya'll catch the general allusion;

AmIRite??

aTfxe2w.jpg?1MfiIfsr.jpg?1

Advertisement