Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shocked at moderation - Leitrim forum.

Options
  • 30-07-2020 6:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭

I happened to see a post flying past on a serious men’s health issue and it was not crude nor was it inappropriate spam. It may have been posted in the wrong forum, but it should be moved to the health forum, without the lecturing response given.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058100628

It’s hard enough for some people to broach these issues without responses like the above.

Surely a thread can simply be moved?

Not everyone is necessarily aware of how to use these forums. It can be a steep learning curve for some.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I am not seeing any issue with how the mod handled this

The poster made identical threads in 4 different forums (in the space of 9 minutes), 3 of them in different regional forums

The second thread they started was in Long Term Illness, which seems an appropriate one for the discussion

There was no point in moving any of the threads in the regional forums given the poster had already discovered a relevant Health Issues forum. All the mod did was point out two basic and fundamental rules across the site:

1. Find the right place and start your thread there - do not make the same post in different forums as this will be viewed as spamming
    2. Do not request any medical advice

I think the mod handled this extremely well

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I've dealt with something approaching 4500 threads like these in N&F. If a thread is simply moved, the user often doesn't realise they've made a mistake. Pointing it out to the user so they make a new thread instead is to their benefit in educating that there's a structure to the forum, and it's not just standalone pages a lá Facebook or the like.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement