Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horizon: Audio sync issue?

• 30-07-2020 6:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭

A relative of mine has a Virgin Media Horizon box and the audio and video go way out of sync after a few weeks of use. The only thing that fixes it is a full factory reset and then the problem re-emerges after a few weeks again.

She has had the box replaced due to a faulty hard drive / complete freeze up and the issue just came back with the replacement, which seems to be the exact same Samsung box - size of a DVD player.

Is this a known issue? She has a fairly recent Sony smart tv and I don’t see how that could be causing it and absolutely no extra options or delays have been set. It just drifts.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭testarossa40

Mine's now 2.5 weeks old and I've had no audio sync issues whatsoever - not even with On Demand content. I've had other issues with it but I won't derail the thread topic...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭YellowBucket

Mine's now 2.5 weeks old and I've had no audio sync issues whatsoever - not even with On Demand content. I've had other issues with it but I won't derail the thread topic...

Old or new box?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭testarossa40

Old or new box?
    New

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭YellowBucket

New

I’m talking about the original horizon box by Samsung with the stacked Ethernet ports.

Advertisement