Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair refund

Options
  • 30-07-2020 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

I have been told l will receive a refund from Ryanair in the next 5-7 days. However the card l used to pay has since expired and my new card was compromised and was cancelled. My current debit card has a different number than the one used to book. Will my refund still go through to my account?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

SweetP1 wrote: »
    I have been told l will receive a refund from Ryanair in the next 5-7 days. However the card l used to pay has since expired and my new card was compromised and was cancelled. My current debit card has a different number than the one used to book. Will my refund still go through to my account?

Yes it will go to the account linked to the card used to pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 SweetP1

Thanks buttercups88. Even though the card and card number no longer exist?

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

Thanks buttercups88. Even though the card and card number no longer exist?

Yep it's the same if card expires and you get sent a new one the bank will automatically send it to the account it was linked to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Megan

Hi SweetP1, 

Thanks for reaching out to us here on Boards.ie.

If the card you used to make your booking is no longer active, you should still receive this refund into your account. When a card is cancelled, retailers will generally receive the updated card information to ensure as smooth of a refund process as possible. 

I hope this information help and if you have any other queries, please get in touch!

Have a lovely weekend and take care.

Many thanks,
    Megan

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭john jameson

Have you recieved a refund from Ryanair yet??
    I payed for my family holiday in January..they cancelled it in april..I'm still waiting ....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

Have you recieved a refund from Ryanair yet??
    I payed for my family holiday in January..they cancelled it in april..I'm still waiting ....
    Hi John,

Thanks for joining the thread. We're just going to leave some information on our Chargebacks process here if this might help.

Feel free to get back in touch if you have any more questions.

Thanks,
    Richard

Advertisement