Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part V - **Read OP for Mod Warnings**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Where are you getting 100 as a matter of interest?

Out of his arse

• Registered Users Posts: 8,379 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

I must say after what I’ve put down over the past 7 months, I’d love him to come find me and discuss it in person. PM open.

Come again?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Out of his arse

Sounds like a great guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Birdie Num Num

This guy that lost the power of his legs is on the news, they really snatch at these abnormal cases. It wont stop, we will forever be reminded of the one in a million cases like this.

It will be used as a justification for all the deaths related to undiagnosed cancers etc and the criminal mismanagement of private hospital's.

There is about 100 Covid deaths so far since March, all the while circa 80 die a day from all causes.

I was a bit cynical watching that myself but nothing abnormal about losing the power of your legs after a few months in an ICU bed. I know two others in the same boat.

Tenzor07 wrote: »

As we speak I look out my window and can see a nearby house setting up a fancy looking Marquee tent with tables, chairs, lights and balloons preparing for what looks like a sizeable party...

I hope you will be reporting it to the Gardai, repeatedly until they come out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,266 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

Donald Trump to be moved to hospital...live on BBC now.
    One thing that I think could come from this is a highlighting of the risk factors involved with Covid. This message has been lost and many people genuinely at risk from the virus could get exposed by behaving the same as people with mininal risks. ‘We’re all in this together’ is overused. Would be great if there was information campaign ahead of the Winter months when more people are indoors.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I hope you are repeatedly called up too, until you finally come out, of the closet.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

"The next six months are crucial"

The next year is crucial...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭hynesie08

What laws are they breaking??

• Advertisement

hynesie08 wrote: »
    What laws are they breaking??

They are ignoring guidelines which have been in acted to help protect everyone, why does that house or any one thing they are entitled to ignore these vitally important guidelines.

As you have no doubt seen the gardai will break up house gatherings so it is very obviously worth reporting.

I would also take photos and plaster them over social media and properly shame anyone with the selfishness and arrogance to have a house party or house gathering with multiple households, large numbers of people etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭hynesie08

They are ignoring guidelines which have been in acted to help protect everyone, why does that house or any one thing they are entitled to ignore these vitally important guidelines.

As you have no doubt seen the gardai will break up house gatherings so it is very obviously worth reporting.

I would also take photos and plaster them over social media and properly shame anyone with the selfishness and arrogance to have a house party or house gathering with multiple households, large numbers of people etc.

So you'd call the gardai repeatedly for someone not breaking any laws? That's all you have to say.......

You can tell you've never had neighbours nox......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭polesheep

When you got old you got fat, looks like you're going to have to cocoon.

You do realise that they are more likely to be called legends?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,573 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Donald Trump to be moved to hospital...live on BBC now.
    One thing that I think could come from this is a highlighting of the risk factors involved with Covid. This message has been lost and many people genuinely at risk from the virus could get exposed by behaving the same as people with mininal risks. ‘We’re all in this together’ is overused. Would be great if there was information campaign ahead of the Winter months when more people are indoors.

An information campaign?! Are you serious? It's information overload at the moment and has been for ages. Fear mongering I think some of you called it...

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Penfailed wrote: »
    An information campaign?! Are you serious? It's information overload at the moment and has been for ages. Fear mongering I think some of you called it...

The fear mongering comes from misinformation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

Out in Dublin tonight.

Bar in town, outdoor sitting, very well managed. Garda came in 3 times (which was good to see,) they checked there was no more than 15 (which there wasn’t.)

It’s just so odd to see and ultimately, hard to believe that this is the way the world is now.

Went into dominos to get food after, they even bad glass displays in the kitchen separating workers.

It’s weird trying to accept that this is our new world.

No its the very opposite of an information overload.

Its a plethora of mixed messages with a one in a million chance highlighted on the news earlier where some young lad lost the power of his legs. Thats fear mongering nonsense.

I have yet to hear NPHET explicitly advise anyone to loose weight as a matter of urgency, especially so for those over 65.

Where are you getting 100 as a matter of interest?

He's taking a figure that was bandied about a while back by a far right conspiracy theorist who claims that is the number of people who died 'of' Covid rather than 'with' Covid. It's completely disingenuous to say that.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

theballz wrote: »
    Out in Dublin tonight.

Bar in town, outdoor sitting, very well managed. Garda came in 3 times (which was good to see,) they checked there was no more than 15 (which there wasn’t.)

It’s just so odd to see and ultimately, hard to believe that this is the way the world is now.

Went into dominos to get food after, they even bad glass displays in the kitchen separating workers.

It’s weird trying to accept that this is our new world.

Honestly, how can that be good to see?

• Advertisement

No its the very opposite of an information overload.

Its a plethora of mixed messages with a one in a million chance highlighted on the news earlier where some young lad lost the power of his legs. Thats fear mongering nonsense.

I have yet to hear NPHET explicitly advise anyone to loose weight as a matter of urgency, especially so for those over 65.

Rapid weight loss is unhealthy too. Are you suggesting they starve themselves?

He's taking a figure that was bandied about a while back by a right wing conspiracy theorist who claims that is the number of people who died 'of' Covid rather than 'with' Covid. It's completely disingenuous to say that.

No, immature nonsense but most of your posts are similar.

Its the numbers who died in ICU and also the excess death figures, Q1 is official, Q2 and Q3 are from RIP.

Its just as disingenuous to suggest 1600 deaths in nursing homes, with a median age of 84, were caused by Covid

It's all relative. If I were obese, damn right I'd be starving myself. I have friends who are smokers, they are scared sh*tless, but none of them have stopped smoking!

I think your just being argumentative for the sake of it.

Where did I mention starving themselves?

I'm struggling to see any structure in your argument

polesheep wrote: »
    It's all relative. If I were obese, damn right I'd be starving myself. I have friends who are smokers, they are scared sh*tless, but none of them have stopped smoking!

Yeah, so the message is already out there. Point made.

No the message isnt out there.

People are convinced mask wearing and hand washing will save them.

The elephant in the room is still obesity

But why should I endure restrictions for the benefit of people who are not prepared to lose weight or give up smoking. Christ, some of them actually tried to convince me (more so themselves) that smoking gave some sort of immunity to Covid.

No, immature nonsense but most of your posts are similar.

Its the numbers who died in ICU and also the excess death figures, Q1 is official, Q2 and Q3 are from RIP.

Its just as disingenuous to suggest 1600 deaths in nursing homes, with a median age of 84, were caused by Covid

There were less than 1,000 deaths in nursing homes but keep going. Keep fighting the 'good' fight.

There were less than 1,000 deaths in nursing homes but keep going. Keep fighting the 'good' fight.

That's a fair old figure that you don't often quote penfailed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

polesheep wrote: »
    Honestly, how can that be good to see?

Honestly, because they are insuring rules are being followed.

Chin up bro.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement