Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part V - **Read OP for Mod Warnings**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,698 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Over 600 cases, things are snowballing we are going to be absolutely f*cked unless serious action is taken fast. Level 4 won’t cut it anymore we need a county wide level 5 asap.

Relax Josephine, where have we heard this before? And did it happen...?

https://www.newstalk.com/news/taoiseach-says-expects-30-increase-covid-19-cases-every-day-984011

• Registered Users Posts: 8,698 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

hmmm wrote: »
    It's heading towards a 5 unless we get a grip on this.
    We should be seeing now whether Dublin begins to level off. That will show us whether level 3 is sufficient to get control over this. It looks like much of the rest of the country will follow.

The next 10 days will be crucial..

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭3xh

https://m.independent.ie/world-news/coronavirus/coronavirus-ireland-10-further-deaths-and-613-new-cases-39584983.html

Same again from the Indo. Top news item and the first words in the article are ‘10 further deaths......’

It’s then said, ‘Eight of the 10 deaths confirmed occurred prior to September 2020’ Today’s date is October 3rd. Not good enough, imo. This isn’t a GDPR issue as multiple people die every single day. This coyness isn’t about patient/family confidentiality.

If they know the deaths occurred prior to September, they know the exact dates.

As for the other two, they could’ve occurred on September 1st.

How likely is it we’ll be hearing about these deaths being denotified months from now.

As for the 613 new cases, further proof it’s simply a game of bingo at this stage. The numbers are meaningless.

Open up!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Over 600 cases, things are snowballing we are going to be absolutely f*cked unless serious action is taken fast. Level 4 won’t cut it anymore we need a county wide level 5 asap.

Detailed plan including financing and the long term implications covered please.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Detailed plan including financing and the long term implications covered please.
    There is no tradeoff between hospital capacity and anything else. No government is going to say "well the ICUs will be full, but we can keep the pubs open so let's consider that as an option!"

The bottom line is that we cannot allow our hospitals to become over-run. The question then is how far can we relax restrictions to prevent this from happening.

If certain groups would just do the basics - wearing masks, social distancing, not acting the maggot with house parties etc they would contribute a lot more to the economy than all their protests will ever achieve.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,298 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    The next 10 days will be crucial..

We need to redouble our efforts.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,553 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

There is no tradeoff between hospital capacity and anything else. No government is going to say "well the ICUs will be full, but we can keep the pubs open so let's consider that as an option!"

The bottom line is that we cannot allow our hospitals to become over-run. The question then is how far can we relax restrictions to prevent this from happening.

If certain groups would just do the basics - wearing masks, social distancing, not acting the maggot with house parties etc they would contribute a lot more to the economy than all their protests will ever achieve.

Unfortunately the basics are just too complicated.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

pjohnson wrote: »
    Unfortunately the basics are just too complicated.

PJ we did basics in June and July and August, that got us nowhere. We couldnt even re open the pubs.

PJ I need you to triple your efforts, next 2 months are crucial. Do the basics, good man.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,553 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

PJ we did basics in June and July and August, that got us nowhere. We couldnt even re open the pubs.

PJ I need you to triple your efforts, next 2 months are crucial. Do the basics, good man.
    Well thats you trying a massive retcon :pac:

pjohnson wrote: »
    Well thats you trying a massive retcon :pac:

PJ I need you to limit your social contacts. Treat yourself as infectious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭hynesie08

I don't disagree with any of that.

I disagree with people like nox who say stupid **** like "lock everything down for 6 months" because in their fantasy land, there's a magic key that will restore the economy the day we reopen.......

Werent you waffling about V shape economic recovery August onward, back in May?

Well that didnt go according to plan did it.

You lost a lot of credibility there, rendering your post worthless.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Jackman25

Dont anyone tell me that the main thread in this forum is the sane one.
    Chock full of terrified mentallers tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Jackman25 wrote: »
    Dont anyone tell me that the main thread in this forum is the sane one.
    Chock full of terrified mentallers tonight.

Yeah one deranged individual calling for Tianmmen Square type response from government another wants others denied medical help.
    The lunatics are taking over the asylum, Mods missing in action.
    Edit
    The deranged individual is now banned.

3xh wrote: »
    https://m.independent.ie/world-news/coronavirus/coronavirus-ireland-10-further-deaths-and-613-new-cases-39584983.html

Same again from the Indo. Top news item and the first words in the article are ‘10 further deaths......’

It’s then said, ‘Eight of the 10 deaths confirmed occurred prior to September 2020’ Today’s date is October 3rd. Not good enough, imo. This isn’t a GDPR issue as multiple people die every single day. This coyness isn’t about patient/family confidentiality.

If they know the deaths occurred prior to September, they know the exact dates.

As for the other two, they could’ve occurred on September 1st.

How likely is it we’ll be hearing about these deaths being denotified months from now.

As for the 613 new cases, further proof it’s simply a game of bingo at this stage. The numbers are meaningless.

Open up!

Edited to add; the HPSC has also reduced the death total by 1 today, 03/10/2020. And cases have also been reduced by 8.

I didn’t see that in the Indo report, of course. No excuse for it.

For those who want the more factual stuff, this is the link to the official state info as it’s released. https://www.gov.ie/en/press-release/5a3f4-statement-from-the-national-public-health-emergency-team-saturday-3-october/

Gives a good breakdown of trends, totals, ages, areas, etc.

I see travel is still only seen as the cause in the 2.3% of cases.

Werent you waffling about V shape economic recovery August onward, back in May?

Well that didnt go according to plan did it.

You lost a lot of credibility there, rendering your post worthless.
    It would if I said that, which I didn't.

hynesie08 wrote: »
    I don't disagree with any of that.

I disagree with people like nox who say stupid **** like "lock everything down for 6 months" because in their fantasy land, there's a magic key that will restore the economy the day we reopen.......
    I suspect when we look back at this after it's over, and we're preparing for any future pandemics, we'll consider whether it was possible to put some industries essentially into deep freeze for the duration.

The next pandemic might be something that transmits differently, and we'll have a different set of restrictions - e.g. if it was 1918 again where younger people were at risk, we would have schools shut.

Getting upset because others don't share your opinion. Strange post when you are posting here.

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/reply/2058115806/post/114812507

• Registered Users Posts: 8,379 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

I suspect when we look back at this after it's over, and we're preparing for any future pandemics, we'll consider whether it was possible to put some industries essentially into deep freeze for the duration.

The next pandemic might be something that transmits differently, and we'll have a different set of restrictions - e.g. if it was 1918 again where younger people were at risk, we would have schools shut.

Of course we would.

Luckily with a median age of 84, most victims wernt in school this time

• Advertisement

I suspect when we look back we’ll be wondering why we burned the country to the ground for a very mild illness that mainly kills people above life expectancy age.

Don’t suppose you are ever going to answer whether your job or salary have been impacted?

Getting upset because others don't share your opinion. Strange post when you are posting here.
    Do any of you actually address the topic, or is it all just personal attacks?

You are the one whinging on another thread about this entire thread. Perhaps just stay away if you don’t like the opinions?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 442 ✭✭freak scence

Yeah one deranged individual calling for Tianmmen Square type response from government another wants others denied medical help.
    The lunatics are taking over the asylum, Mods missing in action.
    Edit
    The deranged individual is now banned.

thought back seat moding was banned

Don’t suppose you are ever going to answer whether your job or salary have been impacted?
    Your obsession with me is a bit strange. I work in the private sector and have been affected, but that doesn't mean I think that letting the virus run rampant is going to help the economy.

If we don't get control of the virus, people are going to be too afraid to leave their houses and spend money. Control the virus, we can reopen more.

Just because people here don't care about the people this virus will kill, or have convinced themselves the virus is trivial, does not mean your views are accepted by the rest of the country/world. Wear a bloody mask, get with the program and stop hurting the economy.

The pro restrictions crowd have really lost the plot today. All talk is on water cannons, army, fines, forcing people to comply... Hoping our Gardaí will start beating people in the streets!

Insane stuff. And these people think they are saving lives haha

Didn't you just attack everyone here who disagrees with you on the other thread. Do you see the irony in your comment.
    Pointing out that you appear to have an issue with opposing opinions is not a personal attack it's an observation.

thought back seat moding was banned

It is and where do you see the attempt at Modding?

Your obsession with me is a bit strange. I work in the private sector and have been affected, but that doesn't mean I think that letting the virus run rampant is going to help the economy.

If we don't get control of the virus, people are going to be too afraid to leave their houses and spend money. Control the virus, we can reopen more.

Just because people here don't care about the people this virus will kill, or have convinced themselves the virus is trivial, does not mean your views are accepted by the rest of the country/world. Wear a bloody mask, get with the program and stop hurting the economy.

I have seen no evidence to suggest that people will be too afraid to leave the house. Except for maybe a few oddballs on the main thread.

The illness is harmless for most.

Higher case numbers with tiny deaths is brilliant.
    It proves how mild Covid really is.

• Advertisement

Hmmm, do you find Dr. Feeley obnoxious?

Do you find the actions of his former employer towards him obnoxious after he first spoke out?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement