Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part V - **Read OP for Mod Warnings**

Options

Comments

Action is needed but they should go further than the prescribed level 4 restrictions.

Also all protests should be banned for the duration of public health emergency. It's not something we should have to do but that insane spectacle on Grafton St was final straw for me.

Give it 3 weeks and assess the situation then.

Ban protests, get the water cannon out, fine people , imprison people, curfews, 24/7 armed checkpoints...

These are a few of the things the “save lives” crowd are suggesting.

What a time to be alive...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,453 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

A few cases here and there is effectively zero covid. Just look at their overall cases and deaths, insignificant compared to Ireland.

There you have it folks, this is the level of intelligence we are dealing with here.

Wants zero covid, doesn't even know what it actually means.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

bloopy wrote: »
    By the sounds of quite a few of the comments here and elsewhere, it seems that if someone contracts the virus then they obviously did something wrong. Weren't we promised back in March that there will be no stigma attached to contracting Covid?

Yep, they either took off their mask using an incorrect technique, or they neglected to wash the outside of their milk carton.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,362 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

cancel all other illness treatments
    :rolleyes:
    Yes that's literally what happened

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭Real Donald Trump

There you have it folks, this is the level of intelligence we are dealing with here.

Wants zero covid, doesn't even know what it actually means.

I dont understand why people are still entertaining him at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Ban protests, get the water cannon out, fine people , imprison people, curfews, 24/7 armed checkpoints...

These are a few of the things the “save lives” crowd are suggesting.

What a time to be alive...

If they all had their way life would only ever be just an existence from now on. It’s clear some people had sad pathetic lives pre- covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

Is there any data (aside from anecdotal) showing the prevalence of "long COVID" or of life changing complications?

I feel like the message changed not too long ago from "young people are as much of a risk from dying with COVID" to "young people are less at risk but look - they all have scarred lungs/hearts/brains etc.".

Not saying long term effects weren't known since early in the year but it's as if the narrative shifted strongly, and now it's as if every young person will be left with a debilitating condition.

Like, we know viruses can do this. Even influenza can disable somebody. Anything to show COVID is less or more likely to, by comparison to other viruses?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭bloopy

funnydoggy wrote: »
    Is there any data (aside from anecdotal) showing the prevalence of "long COVID" or of life changing complications?

I feel like the message changed not too long ago from "young people are as much of a risk from dying with COVID" to "young people are less at risk but look - they all have scarred lungs/hearts/brains etc.".

Not saying long term effects weren't known since early in the year but it's as if the narrative shifted strongly, and now it's as if every young person will be left with a debilitating condition.

Like, we know viruses can do this. Even influenza can disable somebody. Anything to show COVID is less or more likely to, by comparison to other viruses?

It does seem to have become a talking point over the last few days. Hopefully we can get some solid data this week instead of what has been presented so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭snowcat

A feckin casedemic. 20 people in ICU. 70 people 'including probable or posssible' dead in 3 months. A fatality rate of .5% in the last 3 months. The hospitals were overrun before this farce and the HSE are complicit in destroying our economy and way of life and now they have a perfect scapegoat to hide their incompetence. We spent billions on PPE and we are still in the same position as end of March. Flatten the curve my arse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭manniot2

We need a lockdown quickly cancel the cancer screenings, surgeries, education, destroy livelihoods, futures. quick before anyone can’t think about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Smegging hell

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭manniot2

The lord save us we are finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭bloopy

Holy f**k!

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭3xh

That recommendation letter, to move to Stage 5, from NPHET to the Minister of Health should be published on the gov.ie website soon. It’ll be an interesting read when it’s up.

But something about it all strikes me as a case of make it bad so when it isn’t, people breathe a sigh of relief.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

This is scarry I mean scarry, wtf is going on

Members of the dail need to grow a pair of balls and defy this advice. Economic purposes for mental health to name a few

• Registered Users Posts: 7,298 ✭✭✭facehugger99

In my view NPHET represent a clear and present danger to this country.

Extreme measures are required.

Democracy is at stake here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

Surely a typo??

• Registered Users Posts: 19,407 ✭✭✭✭road_high

3xh wrote: »
    That recommendation letter, to move to Stage 5, from NPHET to the Minister of Health should be published on the gov.ie website soon. It’ll be an interesting read when it’s up.

But something about it all strikes me as a case of make it bad so when it isn’t, people breathe a sigh of relief.

Well given their antecedence there’s little to suggest these absolute idiots will not throw us all over the cliff yet again- I would t breathe any sigh of relief as if they don’t do it this week they’d do it next week and so on. I’ve zero faith in the running of their country or decision making- it’s an absolute fcucking shambles.

Absolutely- the few people publicly protesting were smeared and sneered at but what they’re saying has been true and generally come to pass.
    If this comes in I’m absolutely joining the anti lockdown protests- moderate FG voter here so I’m no anarchist but I e had enough of it now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

road_high wrote: »
    Well given their antecedence there’s little to suggest these absolute idiots will not throw us all over the cliff yet again- I would t breathe any sigh of relief as if they don’t do it this week they’d do it next week and so on. I’ve zero faith in the running of their country or decision making- it’s an absolute fcucking shambles.

While we failed to contain it, level 5 is OTT.
    At least wait till nov and give the people a chance to turn it around

• Registered Users Posts: 2,266 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

So there we have it, NPHET & Holohan’s only solution - lock us up. How on earth are thousands of businesses going to pay rent,‘mortgage breaks have also ended with banks. How many jobs will be lost permanently by this. Where is the overall strategy, reopen and lockdown again? Or pursue zero Covid with an open border to the North, high FDI and multinationals that pay many bills here, EU members...and never achieve it?
    Goodbye aviation industry, hospitality industry, small-medium businesses, heck any business at all.
    Children’s education down the toilet and to be left sitting at home while an increasingly stressed parent tries to work & keep them occupied / educate. And all of this with days getting darker, so no gyms to keep healthy in.
    At what point are people going to stand up and tell NPHET and the HSE to get their house in order- raise the pay + conditions of its staff so as to make it more attractive to work there. The fact that our health system is so useless despite 6/7 months of preparation time given for this winter is the real issue here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭Real Donald Trump

Indeed they do. If they pull this stunt there needs to be mass protests to put end to this nonsense.

Level 5, they can f*ck off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

Weather its extreme or the current status is too relaxed moving 24 counties from level 2 to 5 is a bit mad to say the least...

Something is seriously out of kilter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

Comical. The lunatics are running the asylum. NPHET consisting of the bloated administrative elements of the health sector which are the symptom of our sh1t health service, now also destroying the country the way they run the health service.

Just fcuk off. It isn't even as harmful as the flu and it is clear from the data it isn't. Wtf is actually going on here.

I despised Tony Holohan from the start- he’s an absolute knob end. Now “he’s back” this arrogant ego maniac wants to stamp his “authority” back on us all. Well fcuk off, I never voted for you nor did anyone else

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

most of the protests were people sprouting conspiracy nonsense ,thats why they havent had any credibility.

now though, i think the people have had enough...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,298 ✭✭✭facehugger99

0.0029% of the population hospitalised 'with' Covid, not 'because' of Covid and they're recommending Level 5 restrictions.

This is a fcuking outrage and someone in Government needs to grow a pair of balls.

• Advertisement

road_high wrote: »
    I despised Tony Holohan from the start- he’s an absolute knob end. Now “he’s back” this arrogant ego maniac wants to stamp his “authority” back on us all. Well fcuk off, I never voted for you nor did anyone else

So strange seeing people delighted he's back. Regardless of his personal situation (which I wish him the best in), he's no saint. People worshipping him but very quick to forget the cervical check scandal.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement