Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part V - **Read OP for Mod Warnings**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭dalyboy

"Evaluating the health service’s capacity is done with a view to standing NPHET down eventually. That decision will be made by Dr Holohan in consultation with other members."

So there he is now ... Ireland’s very own equivalent to Vladimir Putin. Yayyyyy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

It's certainly not you anyway so don't be sticking that hand up :pac:

NPHET are an advisory board, they aren't transmitting any virus -

You're looking at this whole thing through an Us V Them / schoolkids vs teachers lens.

What blame do you want to put on them? what will it achieve? It seems you already are blaming them so blame away for all the good it will do. They're still best placed to decide what to do. I certainly don't think I'm better qualified to make the decisions anyway, my doctorate in reading shit on the internet has been put back due to coronavirus. Luckily my understanding that things change in an ever evolving situation is well engrained, I can accept that new advice can contradict older advice as situations evolve (see masks/face coverings). I'm not looking at it blindly, I'm looking at the global response and accepting that - while we're doing things slightly differently to other countries - the response isn't that different as a whole.

Unfortunately for us - it is average Joe spreading the disease, NPHET aren't driving around firing it out of the back of a van at people like.

That in bold.

Aye, a little bit different. Ireland: wet pubs closed since 20th of March to 21 September.

EU countries - all pubs opened by 4th of July.

You are quite a NPHET supporter arent you. Whatever their change of opinion you just keep clapping "yeah international evidence suggests" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

That in bold.

Aye, a little bit different. Ireland: wet pubs closed since 20th of March to 21 September.

EU countries - all pubs opened by 4th of July.

You are quite a NPHET supporter arent you. Whatever their change of opinion you just keep clapping "yeah international evidence suggests" :D

Ah, so anything other than pubs then?

No, I'm not, as such - :confused: (do you not see how weird that comment is? This... isn't an election or a football match?) but I'll play along - when the 'other team' is a viral disease i would find it difficult not to support the side who's aims are to protect people from the viral disease...

Does that make you a cheerleader for covid19 then? 'Cos that's seriously fucking weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,845 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

ermmm... an extra day at level 3.75(a).23b

Um.. can I take the cash equivalent? :p

Ah, so anything other than pubs then?

No, I'm not, as such - :confused: (do you not see how weird that comment is? This... isn't an election?) but I'll play along - when the 'other team' is a viral disease i would find it difficult not to support the side who's aims are to protect people from the viral disease...

Does that make you a cheerleader for covid19 then? 'Cos that's seriously fucking weird.

Schools.

I also wonder, what other EU country had 28% unemployment in April, going down to 15% in September. Can you please help me? We seem to be putting a lot of extra people out of work than other countries....

• Advertisement

Schools.

I also wonder, what other EU country had 28% unemployment in April, going down to 15% in September. Can you please help me? We seem to be putting a lot of extra people out of work than other countries....

Right I'll go with you.

the NPHET are actively trying to destroy the economy, and health of everyone in the country.

Can you just tell me why they are doing it please, seeing as you are certain that it's malicious

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Rrrrrr2

So if this utter madness gets the nod, the Pup payment will only be €300 this time? Along with no mortgage breaks etc like the last failed madness?
    This is insanity now. All those cheerleading this rubbish- take a good long look at yourselves. Is your business and job about to go down the toilet as a result? What are you actually sacrificing?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,338 ✭✭✭KaneToad

Right I'll go with you.

the NPHET are actively trying to destroy the economy, and health of everyone in the country.

Can you just tell me why they are doing it please, seeing as you are certain that it's malicious

Bill Gates, Soros and the Bilderberg group.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Jizique

If ever a more pertinent example was needed of the dangers of groupthink, it is this thread

All these single-issue 'experts' clucking away at each other in a cozy thread on a message board

At lest on this thread there are a wide range of views and opinions discussed

Jizique wrote: »
    At lest on this thread there are a wide range of views and opinions discussed

And you honestly don't think that's also the case with the NPHET?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ashleigh1986

At the height of the virus outbreak there was over 900 people in hospital ...a few months later there is just over 100 people in hospital ..... Whatever about nphet looking for a lockdown if this government hasn't the balls to make decisions with just 100 people out of a population of nearly 5 million needing hospital assistance.
    Let those figures sink in ...100 out of a population of nearly 5 million and they want to close a countries economy for a second time ???
    Grow some balls ... But than again look at the people leading us .
    There jobs / salaries will not be effected .

KaneToad wrote: »
    Bill Gates, Soros and the Bilderberg group.

Something about masks dipped in 5g ?

Right I'll go with you.

Because they are INEPT. How many times does this have to be said? You realize its not a group of nobel winning scientists we have right?

Why can you not accept the fact that there is a big chance NPHET are full of incompetent single issue focused old "experts" who have guaranteed pension and could not give less shi*s if 10,000 + go on PUP tomorrow??

At the height of the virus outbreak there was over 900 people in hospital ...a few months later there is just over 100 people in hospital ..... Whatever about nphet looking for a lockdown if this government hasn't the balls to make decisions with just 100 people out of a population of nearly 5 million needing hospital assistance.
    Let those figures sink in ...100 out of a population of nearly 5 million and they want to close a countries economy for a second time ???
    Grow some balls ... But than again look at the people leading us .
    There jobs / salaries will not be effected .

Be careful. You speak too much sense. Any minute now you ll be called a 5G conspirator.

Because they are INEPT. How many times does this have to be said? You realize its not a group of nobel winning scientists we have right?

Why can you not accept the fact that there is a big chance NPHET are full of incompetent single issue focused old "experts" who have guaranteed pension and could not give less shi*s if 10,000 + go on PUP tomorrow??

Strong argument there full of concise information, thank you. You have changed my mind with that incredible interpretation of their acronym and the 'big chance' substantiation to boot

I wish to subscribe to your newsletter. It's kindling season.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,110 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

How would level 5 impact hospital outpatient appointments?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭uli84

1% of acute hospital beds are being used by Covid-confirmed patients, with 7% of ICU beds used by Covid-confirmed cases.

Why don’t we deal with the 93% then?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

People seem to be fighting back against this and rightly so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

PTH2009 wrote: »

It's great to see. The people decide what we do. Govt and NPHET work FOR us, we are their bosses, not the other way around.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,450 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

I hope the work you were travelling for (and I really hope you don't mean travelling abroad) was essential as otherwise you should not have been doing it though much of the time since march and you should have been working from home and not going outside your 2km zone etc.
    You were not legally allowed to leave the 2km around your home except for essential reasons, your job does not sound essential you should have been stopped and heavily fined.

Its also massively selfish and a slap in the face to the majority who have been doing their best to limit their movements, limit their interactions with others etc. Absolutely disgraceful.

A reminder to everybody that Nox freely admits that he himself travels to work whenever it suits him, despite being fully able to work from home. Yet here he is wagging the finger at others.

There are few things worse than a hypocrite.

• Advertisement

Be careful. You speak too much sense. Any minute now you ll be called a 5G conspirator.

Yeah, I mean you might be asked to back up one of your assertions with something other than a meaningless phrase or soundbyte.

Cheek of them :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,978 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Thankfully, in a show of solidarity with the country our politicans are going to only take the PUP payment until restrictions are lifted.

Only joking they gave themselves a nice little bump last week.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,298 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Anyone who has worked with a public service dept know that they would rather spend vast sums of money eliminating 'risks' than dare be held to account for making a wrong decisions.

It's part of the culture in there.

What's going on with NPHET is the same approach just on a scale of 10's of billions of euros.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,157 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Cannot see the Government going for level 5. The money isn't there. But maybe a chance of level 3.

It's great to see. The people decide what we do. Govt and NPHET work FOR us, we are their bosses, not the other way around.

That is something that has been forgotten since 2008 or so IMO, and not just in this country but across the world.

People wonder why Trump, Boris and Brexit happen... This is why!

Anyone who has worked with a public service dept know that they would rather spend vast sums of money eliminating 'risks' than dare be held to account for making a wrong decisions.

It's part of the culture in there.

What's going on with NPHET is the same approach just on a scale of 10's of billions of euros.

Of course. It's very easy to spend money when it's not yours and no-one is holding you to account for it. This is why waste, duplication and inefficiency is rife through the public sector.

It happens in the private sector too of course but nowhere near to the same levels.

A reminder to everybody that Nox freely admits that he himself travels to work whenever it suits him, despite being fully able to work from home. Yet here he is wagging the finger at others.

There are few things worse than a hypocrite.

A reminder that you should read my posts instead of laughing at your own "brilliant" quips. If you read them correctly you would see that I cannot do all of my work fully from home and there are aspects that require hardware that I need to come in occasionally if needed.

I would also remind you that this work was parked right though the lockdown but has now become urgent and necessary. It is fully within the guidelines at the moment to attend work to carry out essential tasks which cannot be done remotely. I wasn't anywhere close to the office from March until September either and as I have stated I am alone in my department so zero risk of catching or spreading the virus.

Incomparable with any of the other situations presented in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭greengrass88

When should we expect an update/announcement? This evening perhaps?

Some people queuing outside Smyths to get some Christmas presents in case non essential retail is closed.

A poster on the main thread wants to see them water cannoned...

Imagine been so scared about your own health that you wanted to see someone water cannoned for hoping to buy a Christmas present for their kid.

The “saving lives” crowd are a strange bunch.

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »

People fighting to try force the government to allow a virus spread and make many of the country's citizens sick or die. Pretty despicable "people" if you ask me and their opinions should be ignored.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement