Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part V - **Read OP for Mod Warnings**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

A reminder that you should read my posts instead of laughing at your own "brilliant" quips. If you read them correctly you would see that I cannot do all of my work fully from home and there are aspects that require hardware that I need to come in occasionally if needed.

I would also remind you that this work was parked right though the lockdown but has now become urgent and necessary. It is fully within the guidelines at the moment to attend work to carry out essential tasks which cannot be done remotely. I wasn't anywhere close to the office from March until September either and as I have stated I am alone in my department so zero risk of catching or spreading the virus.

Incompatible with any of the other situations presented in this thread.

Noxx you have a job that pays double to triple of 300 eurs per week. We know this. Stop rubbing it in our faces.

It does explain ur carefree attitude to more restrictions and businesses being shut.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭hynesie08

People fighting to try force the government to allow a virus spread and make many of the country's citizens sick or die. Pretty despicable "people" if you ask me and their opinions should be ignored.

Noone asked you though.....

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    People wonder why Trump, Boris and Brexit happen... This is why!

Because there is a large number of complete idiots in both countries is how they happened. We aren't looking so rosy ourselves with the utter ignorance and stupidity of some people to the importance of these restrictions.

Noxx you have a job that pays double to triple of 300 eurs per week. We know this. Stop rubbing it in our faces.

It does explain ur carefree attitude to more restrictions and businesses being shut.

I have never mentioned salary never mind rubs anyones face in it.

Any discussion of salary and if people are working or not should be banned from discussion as its not relevant to the virus discussions here and a number of posters just keep spamming the thread with references to salaries, people working, thinking they can deny an opinion on restrictions to those not impacted etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 396 ✭✭Open the Pubs

When are the powers at be liable to shut the pubs with this new lockdown? There are not many cases locally so it's shocking what is happening.
    Hopefully I'll get a session or 2 in the local before they are shutdown again.

• Advertisement

Any discussion of salary and if people are working or not should be banned from discussion as its not relevant to the virus discussions here and a number of posters just keep spamming the thread with references to salaries, people working, thinking they can deny an opinion on restrictions to those not impacted etc.

You gotta admit I am very good.

You just admitted you are not impacted.

relax, no1 wants to know how many millions you make per year. But it is quite important to establish whether you are (or are not) impacted by restrictions, if you are not impacted your views will genuinely be a bit more care free - more restrictions? okay. Less restrictions? yeah thats fine as long as its safe

Of course it’s relevant. Do you think NPHET would be advising level 5 if it meant they went on 300 a week?

I’m sure they’d be well able to find alternative solutions if there 6 figure salaries were on the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Rrrrrr2

It’s extremely relevant- ones own personal circumstances are an immediate bearing on ones outlook and perspective of what is proportional. They colour your attitude completely and are must be acknowledged in any honest debate on measures.
    I’ll still be paid, my professional occupation is uneffected (for now). I still oppose pointless lockdowns dear will achieve nothing but I recognise the wider societal implications

Of course it’s relevant. Do you think NPHET would be advising level 5 if it meant they went on 300 a week?

I’m sure they’d be well able to find alternative solutions if there 6 figure salaries were on the line.

This is not how things work, you are essentially saying you would like to compromise the decision process with personal bias. Crazy suggestion really, NEPHET's aim is managing the virus spread for the health of the people of the country.

You gotta admit I am very good.

You just admitted you are not impacted.

I already openly said I wasn't impacted, I have never hidden the fact. My wife is though so I am actually impacted indirectly as our household income is reduced.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

When are the powers at be liable to shut the pubs with this new lockdown? There are not many cases locally so it's shocking what is happening.
    Hopefully I'll get a session or 2 in the local before they are shutdown again.

A few clusters up my way supposedly and they were all on the piss together, I've nothing against pubs etc but these are the breeding grounds supposedly.

Everyone who drinks in a pub will be social distancing sanatsiing etc so they must have gotten it outside the pup...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,261 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Talk about jobs and the economy is 100% relevant to the discussion!

If the Gov follow NPHET advice and put the country on level 5 there will be a huge impact on the lives of people in regards to mental health. Best case scenario is 4 weeks of level 5 before we step back to level 4 for most likely another minimum of 4 weeks, that will see 10's of thousands if not 100's of thousands out of work into the winter & Christmas. Many of these will struggle to pay for their mortgages, pay their fuel bills etc.

Many businesses will not recover if they miss out on the Christmas period and many families will go into a very stressful time of the year even more laden with debt.

You might be fine going into another lockdown but a large number of people through no fault of their own are facing into an absolute nightmare scenario.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

You are losing your cool and you havent even spent 1 day posting in this thread.

Relax. Deep breaths. We dont post words like that in this thread.

I curse a lot, don't worry about it.

See if you can answer any of the questions I asked ya instead of the hand wringing.

Rrrrrr2 wrote: »
    It’s scary how easily people like you are led into dictatorial territory- of course all views and concerns should be Accomodated. Your unwillingness to do that and take any power away from those you don’t agree with is disturbing. It’s Belarus style autocracy

How so? For having a belief that the right people can make decisions based on fact and consensus rather than their own earning ability and viewpoint?

Let me guess, you're not in any form of management, and never have been.

I curse a lot, don't worry about it.

See if you can answer any of the questions I asked ya instead of the hand wringing.

I do worry. I dont want to end up conversing with someone who lacks manners. We already deal with crazy people who keep telling us high cases will result in deaths... since mid Aug.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,298 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Some people queuing outside Smyths to get some Christmas presents in case non essential retail is closed.

A poster on the main thread wants to see them water cannoned...

Imagine been so scared about your own health that you wanted to see someone water cannoned for hoping to buy a Christmas present for their kid.

The “saving lives” crowd are a strange bunch.

Fear and Stupidity is a heady cocktail.

RoryMac wrote: »

You might be fine going into another lockdown but a large number of people through no fault of their own are facing into an absolute nightmare scenario.

But you can't make a rational decision if you are blinded by your own circumstances. No one wants to go into a lockdown, if it happens it will impact some more than others but that doesn't change the fact that with the way the virus is snowballing now stopping it trumps the unfortunate outcomes of having increased restrictions.

If the virus really takes hold then its going to be a hell of a lot worse than the outcome of the restrictions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

How so? For having a belief that the right people can make decisions based on fact and consensus rather than their own earning ability and viewpoint?

Reading your posts, I wonder do you not realise how not harmful covid is? It just seems you are completely ignorant of what covid is and posting as if there is some sort of flesh eating virus out there killing us all. It comes across as you being unhinged. Not just you of course, but doomers in general. You are like Gemma O'Doherty and her merry band of 5G conspiracy zealots.

The fact that you, and many more people both on and off thread actually believe this is scary.

It's a scary insight into how fucking stupid the masses are, and how dangerous they would be if given even the smallest modicum of power.

And yet the anti restrictions posters are not suggesting physical violence, water cannons, armed checkpoints, forced compliance and implying that anyone with a different opinion is stupid.

Maybe it was just here but the weather yesterday was the most horrible dark miserable lashing of rain all day, possibly the entire year. And they landed this lockdown bombshell by leaking to the media on a Sunday evening.

Seen many people say how upsetting it was for many people, NPHET obviously don't care about mental health of the country, trying to play politics and messing with people lives. Bunch of sociopaths, as bad as the incompetent politicians.

• Advertisement

And yet the anti restrictions posters are not suggesting physical violence, water cannons, armed checkpoints, forced compliance and implying that anyone with a different opinion is stupid.

They are suggesting much worse, allowing a dangerous and deadly virus to spread unchecked among the population.

They are suggesting much worse, allowing a dangerous and deadly virus to spread unchecked among the population.

:rolleyes:

The lockdown cheerleaders are inherently selfish, and many are indeed sociopathic, calling for violence against their fellow citizens. Sad to see the way this country is going.

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Rrrrrr2

Lol so not only do you want to rubbish any modicum of other opinions on matters that deeply effect everyone you also attempt to “look Down your nose” at those you “perceive” as non management material- well the opposite would be apparent to me from experience in several management roles- you don’t just walk over people with zero consultation or consideration of matters that deeply effect people. And you certainly don’t do so on a Sunday night in such a manner.
    Maybe you’re of the old “do as I say” type management which had long been recognised as an utter failure

Reading your posts, I wonder do you not realise how not harmful covid is? It just seems you are completely ignorant of what covid is and posting as if there is some sort of flesh eating virus out there killing us all. It comes across as you being unhinged. Not just you of course, but doomers in general. You are like Gemma O'Doherty and her merry band of 5G conspiracy zealots.

I'm not dooming though :confused: you are so entrenched in the argument that you think I am pro-something when I have never alluded to being pro anything. My arguments have been based against the assertion on thread that NPHET are acting maliciously and their decision making is solely based on their earnings. That sir - is hysteria, and I am anti-that.

See, here's more of it - It's like politics - you're either one side or another - no room for anything else.

The only thing out of your list above that I said is that people who think that NPHET are only making decisions based on their earnings are fucking stupid, and I stand over that.

The rest of your reply is just shrieking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Real Donald Trump

Go hide under your bed so. Let everyone else get on with it.

I do worry. I dont want to end up conversing with someone who lacks manners. We already deal with crazy people who keep telling us high cases will result in deaths... since mid Aug.

You and your merry band of helpers. enjoy the echoes.

I'm not dooming though :confused: you are so entrenched in the argument that you think I am pro-something when I have never alluded to being pro anything. My arguments have been based against the assertion on thread that NPHET are acting maliciously and their decision making is solely based on their earnings. That sir - is hysteria, and I am anti-that.

See, here's more of it - It's like politics - you're either one side or another - no room for anything else.

The only thing out of your list above that I said is that people who think that NPHET are only making decisions based on their earnings are fucking stupid, and I stand over that.

The rest of your reply is just shrieking.

You are correct. They are also conflicted by holding shares in pharmaceutical companies.

But yeah, what we have now is a bunch of "experts" with 6 digit salaries and pensions telling working people that its not safe to run a corner coffee shop and that they should shut down, get 300 eurs per week and be happy their life has been saved, even though covid 19 has been established to have 0.3% mortality.

And you wonder why only Noxx shares your point of view?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,261 ✭✭✭RoryMac

But you can't make a rational decision if you are blinded by your own circumstances. No one wants to go into a lockdown, if it happens it will impact some more than others but that doesn't change the fact that with the way the virus is snowballing now stopping it trumps the unfortunate outcomes of having increased restrictions.

If the virus really takes hold then its going to be a hell of a lot worse than the outcome of the restrictions.

I have no immediate worries about my job or circumstances so I feel I can judge this rationally thanks.

The part in bold I think shows that you are not seeing the reality here, the vast majority of people that will be affected by job losses are the same ones that this virus has little impact on. To young adults paying high rents or trying to pay a mortgage the thought of losing their job or taking a large paycut is far more threatening to them than a virus that has a tiny percent chance of affecting them.

Expecting them to take a massive personal hit by introducing these restrictions while NPHET & the Gov have done nothing to better the hospital situation over the last 6 months is not going to be supported IMO.

• Advertisement

A lot of these heads in NPHET are the symptom of the problem with our health service; life-longer, well-paid, bloated admins.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Public_Health_Emergency_Team_(2020)

Look at the list of members, so many in cushy numbers that are not at the frontline of services. It is easy, as an academic experiment, to go to Level 5 when they are sitting at the trough of public expenditure. It is naive to think otherwise.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement