Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part V - **Read OP for Mod Warnings**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

I listened to a vox Pop on Radio 1 earlier. It appears based on a sample you and nox are wrong about the majority claim .

Was it newstalk by chance?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

they can bring level 5 in all they like it won't be obeyed.
    In fact it could start a riot

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Unfortunately, we don't do revolution very well in our country.......

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Unfortunately, we don't do revolution very well in our country.......

:pac:

No history of rebellion whatsoever sure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Why are they leaking their plans to the press before consulting with the government?? I'd consider that extremely malicious, and no way to conduct business.

Glynn and Nolan have been doing this for a few weeks now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

You lads are seriously underestimating the docile nature of the Irish. People will bitch and moan online and at home, but little will happen. This would need to go on for years before the Irish would even consider a proper revolt.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

:pac:

No history of rebellion whatsoever sure

I didn't say we don't do it, I said we don't do it well.....

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭dubdaymo

I am not arguing for level 5 restrictions or any level in particular, I am arguing against the vitriol NPHET are receiving.
    They're receiving because they deserve it although it's probably not their fault. It's clear the whole business has blown their minds. Their intellect is paralysed, unable to think straight or with any common sense. They've been thinking Covid, Covid, Covid for month after month 24/7. They need to go away (or be sent) somewhere quiet and relaxing with appropriate medication to assist in their recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Jizique

Professor Sam McConkey has warned that we could see curfews under a Level Six lockdown.

:rolleyes:

Sam McConkey must be Gerry Killeens brother.

He wasn’t like that at the start but has definitely taken the cool-aid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

TomTomTim wrote: »
    You lads are seriously underestimating the docile nature of the Irish. People will bitch and moan online and at home, but little will happen. This would need to go on for years before the Irish would even consider a proper revolt.

Maybe.

But maybe those thousand people blocking Grafton street is a sign of things to come. You have to remember that mortgage breaks have expired just over 5 days ago. PUP has been reduced to 300 eurs just like 2 weeks ago or something recent? Give it time. A month or two, and that 15% of unemployed crowd (excludes Noxx as he has a job) will start getting agitated.

dubdaymo wrote: »
    They're receiving because they deserve it although it's probably not their fault. It's clear the whole business has blown their minds. Their intellect is paralysed, unable to think straight or with any common sense. They've been thinking Covid, Covid, Covid for month after month 24/7. They need to go away (or be sent) somewhere quiet and relaxing with appropriate medication to assist in their recovery.

Can you provide any tips on what should they be doing/saying/implementing - seeing as you have the clarity of mind that they don't currently possess?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,329 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

We’d be rebelling against measures being implemented to keep people healthy, well and alive. At the time of the greatest crisis the country and planet has faced.

Measures are implemented to stop death and illness, I know let’s riot against that.

You couldn’t make it up.

hynesie08 wrote: »
    I didn't say we don't do it, I said we don't do it well.....

How so?

Strumms wrote: »
    We’d be rebelling against measures being implemented to keep people healthy, well and alive. At the time of the greatest crisis the country and planet has faced.

Measures are implemented to stop death and illness, I know let’s riot against that.

The lads calling for assembly on the streets and rioting remind me of Russell Crowe fighting cancer in south park.

He can't find cancer so just goes and beats the shit out of a guy who has cancer instead - same thing.

Maybe.

But maybe those thousand people blocking Grafton street is a sign of things to come. You have to remember that mortgage breaks have expired just over 5 days ago. PUP has been reduced to 300 eurs just like 2 weeks ago or something recent? Give it time. A month or two, and that 15% of unemployed crowd (excludes Noxx as he has a job) will start getting agitated.

One things is for sure if we are serious on this and we do kick into level 5 or above there has to be absolutely zero tolerance for any of these protests, zero.

A crowd of total brain dead goons gathered protesting against essential safety measures and spreading the virus even more. They are directly contributing to the job losses they are complaining about.

Before I say anything - I don't want any of it to be honest, none of it! I want normality, Im sure you do too but unfortunately that's not an option.

They are taking more into account than the ratio of deaths to overall population to be fair. What exactly they take into account is probably out there to be viewed in the form of meeting minutes. I am concerned from watching the trend in other countries where cases spike and the people go scrambling afterward. One thing I know of and that does worry me is - hospital staff levels - never been more absent staff in recent memory - mostly due to either waiting for tests, waiting for results, positive tests, close contacts etc. This massively affects the ability of the health service to function whether on covid or other diseases.

I am not arguing for level 5 restrictions or any level in particular, I am arguing against the vitriol NPHET are receiving.

Good. You are opening up to me. We will soon (maybe now) have honest conversation.

Dont be worried. They had 60,000 + answer their call to arms in March, they only recruited 219 people? I am sure that large chunk of 59,781 people are still in Ireland, only 6 months older, ready to answer that call again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Real Donald Trump

rusty cole wrote: »

Level 6 -10 what's this BS?

This guy should be shipped off to North Korea

• Registered Users Posts: 32,718 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Level 3 for the whole country seemingly

No way was anywhere going to level 5 at this stage imo

Good. You are opening up to me. We will soon (maybe now) have honest conversation.

Dont be worried. They had 60,000 + answer their call to arms in March, they only recruited 219 people? I am sure that large chunk of 59,781 people are still in Ireland, only 6 months older, ready to answer that call again.

Likewise, now that we both have stopped shrieking at each other. (it's the modern debate style - we're both limited by it :pac: )

All 59,781 still alive and ready to hit the ground running in front line positions I presume yeah?

• Advertisement

One things is for sure if we are serious on this and we do kick into level 5 or above there has to be absolutely zero tolerance for any of these protests, zero.

A crowd of total brain dead goons gathered protesting against essential safety measures and spreading the virus even more. They are directly contributing to the job losses they are complaining about.

Nox.

You. Your. This is getting out of control. You cant call your fellow human beings that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,379 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Has no one explained to NPHET that when testing numbers increase, the positive case numbers of a harmless virus also increase.

Baffling stuff, ironically democracy needs an ICU bed at present, luckily most ICU wards are empty

Likewise, now that we both have stopped shrieking at each other. (it's the modern debate style - we're both limited by it :pac: )

All 59,781 still alive and ready to hit the ground running in front line positions I presume yeah?

Ofcourse.

They will be even more eager if we clap for them a bit.

PS its not like we had 0% unemployment for 6 months and all those 59.8k people found jobs :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

If you look at rte news online front page the plan for "enforcement of restrictions" is there .

You couldn’t make it up.

Jesus christ, thats a bit of a stretch....

Ofcourse.

They will be even more eager if we clap for them a bit.

PS its not like we had 0% unemployment for 6 months and all those 59.8k people found jobs :pac:

Disingenuous at best, lies at worst.

You know as well as I do that most of those were for admin & supporting roles, not front line positions. And that's where staffing levels are lacking right now - before we have huge case numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Real Donald Trump

You couldn’t make it up.
    They've had long enough to prepare and have done zilch.

You're very quick to give up your civil liberties there nox...... That's a dangerous road to be going down....

Nox.

You. Your. This is getting out of control. You cant call your fellow human beings that.

I called them a lot worse when I saw them on the news but I have to tone it down a little in here. They aren’t my fellow human beings but with their idiotic behaviour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,379 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

At the time of the greatest crisis the country and planet has faced.

Such a 1st world illness, exaggerated by selfish comments like above.

10 million starved to death this year, and look at the nonsense here.

If I'm not hungry no else is

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement