Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part V - **Read OP for Mod Warnings**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,718 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Has no one explained to NPHET that when testing numbers increase, the positive case numbers of a harmless virus also increase.

Baffling stuff, ironically democracy needs an ICU bed at present, luckily most ICU wards are empty
    Harmless....ffs

Ireland has very very few icu beds per head of population btw versus the rest of europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

Such a 1st world illness, exaggerated by selfish comments like above.

10 million starved to death this year, and look at the nonsense here.

If I'm not hungry no else is

If I'm not sick noone else is.

Sound familiar?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭billyhead

When will the stage 5 lockdown start if it gets the green light?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

One things is for sure if we are serious on this and we do kick into level 5 or above there has to be absolutely zero tolerance for any of these protests, zero.

A crowd of total brain dead goons gathered protesting against essential safety measures and spreading the virus even more. They are directly contributing to the job losses they are complaining about.
    I called them a lot worse when I saw them on the news but I have to tone it down a little in here. They aren’t my fellow human beings but with their idiotic behaviour.

Nox, for entertainment purposes I hope you keep posting here. This is very funny. I feel like you have 4 - 6 pints of guinness before posting.

Also have you ever looked into anger management?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

hynesie08 wrote: »
    You're very quick to give up your civil liberties there nox...... That's a dangerous road to be going down....

Is it the new world order or the bilderbergs or the soros' or what that you're worried about?

Next they'll be putting up coloured lights at junctions telling us when we can and can't move. Resist, rebel, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,718 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Rte now saying level 3 for whole country with more enforcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭FrStone

https://www.independent.ie/world-news/coronavirus/government-rejects-nphet-calls-for-level-5-but-will-introduce-level-3-covid-restrictions-39589865.html

So we are all going to level 3. What does that mean for Restaurants and Pubs outside of Dublin? Are they going to stay open or are we going to 3.5 like in Dublin and only serving people outside?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

Rumors that the government will reject advice and stay with level 3! Can’t post a link on mobile here but I’m sure it will filter trough in the next half hour or so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Nox, for entertainment purposes I hope you keep posting here. This is very funny. I feel like you have 4 - 6 pints of guinness before posting.

Also have you ever looked into anger management?

At home shouting at the TV :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 396 ✭✭Open the Pubs

FrStone wrote: »
    https://www.independent.ie/world-news/coronavirus/government-rejects-nphet-calls-for-level-5-but-will-introduce-level-3-covid-restrictions-39589865.html

So we are all going to level 3. What does that mean for Restaurants and Pubs outside of Dublin? Are they going to stay open or are we going to 3.5 like in Dublin and only serving people outside?

It's freezing out, that will just give people colds unless the smoking areas have heaters.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 396 ✭✭Open the Pubs

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

The Government are reportedly going to reject NPHET's Level 5 proposal and keep the entire country at Level 3, with stricter enforcement. Of course they would reject it, money is more important to them.

bush wrote: »
    At home shouting at the TV :pac:

I can imagine the scene in the living room "you brain dead fu*king goons!"

:D

cans of guinness flying to d wall / TV

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

One things is for sure if we are serious on this and we do kick into level 5 or above there has to be absolutely zero tolerance for any of these protests, zero.

A crowd of total brain dead goons gathered protesting against essential safety measures and spreading the virus even more. They are directly contributing to the job losses they are complaining about.

thank you! you having a go at me only strengthens my resolve that i'm on the right path

• Registered Users Posts: 28,845 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

sligeach wrote: »
    The Government are reportedly going to reject NPHET's Level 5 proposal and keep the entire country at Level 3, with stricter enforcement. Of course they would reject it, money is more important to them.

By "money" I presume you mean the economy on which we ALL depend, CV-19 or not.

Still an unnecessary step moving to Level 3 given the still very low deaths and numbers in hospital but at least they didn't give into the hysteria of Dr Tony's compromised view of the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,261 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Strumms wrote: »
    We’d be rebelling against measures being implemented to keep people healthy, well and alive. At the time of the greatest crisis the country and planet has faced.

Measures are implemented to stop death and illness, I know let’s riot against that.

You couldn’t make it up.

Please tell me you're joking???:eek::eek:

It would be lucky to make the top 10 most dangerous virus of the year worldwide

Moving to Level 5 is ‘only’ way to control Covid-19 and keep schools open - NPHET
    Letter to Minister for Health says current measures failing to get a handle on disease

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/moving-to-level-5-is-only-way-to-control-covid-19-and-keep-schools-open-nphet-1.4372401

How can anyone defend NPHET? These lot are clueless. Wanted us in strictest lockdown in EU post May. Fkn hell

DISBAND those inept clowns

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Some people in this country are brain dead. I see so many people that don't wear their face masks properly. The amount of people that wear it below the nose, because of course we don't breath through our nose. Or A-holes, that don't wear a mask at all in shopping centres and individual shops. No social distancing either is rampant. These are the basics, so no wonder numbers of infections are rising.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,993 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Another case of making it up as they go along.

They spend weeks coming up with the 5 Level framework.

Dublin and Donegal were moved to Level 3 because of the rates per 100,000.

Now we have a case that Leitrim with 18 per 100,000 are going to be moved to Level 3 - the same as Donegal with 233 per 100,000 and Dublin with 168 per 100,000.

What was the point in bringing in this 5 Level framework where different counties can be treated differently depending on the rate if they are just going to lump the whole country in together again.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭dubdaymo

Can you provide any tips on what should they be doing/saying/implementing - seeing as you have the clarity of mind that they don't currently possess?
    All you need is common sense and, thankfully, it looks like the Govt, at last, has grown a pair and stood up to these muppets. I just hope that NPHET has also been instructed not to communicate directly to the people ever again by stealth or otherwise.

• Advertisement

Some people in this country are brain dead. I see so many people that don't wear their face masks properly. The amount of people that wear it below the nose, because of course we don't breath through our nose. Or A-holes, that don't wear a mask at all in shopping centres and individual shops. No social distancing either is rampant. These are the basics, so no wonder numbers of infections are rising.

I should set up a template really...

Infections mean nothing. Outcome of cases is the important metric... and the outcome is that in a population of 5 million, there are very few in hospital with serious complications from CV-19, and even fewer deaths

Therefore, despite all you're giving out above, it would seem that it's having little impact on these far more important metrics

And this is a very good thing.

Level 3 may as well be level 5 to me because it puts me out of work even though my county has low numbers and always had. Whats the point of a county by county plan? They should just throw the plan in the bin at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

yep. i think level 3 is perfectly adequate to reduce the r number below 1 if we have full public buy in and compliance. which we do not. so it's either level 5 with current noncompliance levels or level 3 vigorously enforced.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,659 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Graces7 wrote: »
    If you look at rte news online front page the plan for "enforcement of restrictions" is there .

Care to quote some of the plans, as I can't see anything but rhetoric and supposition? Thanks. Maybe I'm just missing the plan as the feed is moving quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

bush wrote: »
    Level 3 may as well be level 5 to me because it puts me out of work even though my county has low numbers and always had. Whats the point of a county by county plan? They should just throw the plan in the bin at this stage.

Because people won't stay in their own counties.

Tony should really be reprimanded for this. He has made the other members of NPHET look extremely weak. They didn’t even want level 3 a few days ago... He is back 1 day and goes completely against them. How do NPHET operate? Surely consensus is needed?

Tony has also put the government in a difficult position. They don’t want to reject health advise but they have to if it’s nonsensical.

I wonder can Tony be asked to step aside?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    By "money" I presume you mean the economy on which we ALL depend, CV-19 or not.

Still an unnecessary step moving to Level 3 given the still very low deaths and numbers in hospital but at least they didn't give into the hysteria of Dr Tony's compromised view of the situation.

Waiting for deaths to rise is not the answer for a lockdown. What we need to do is only do a lockdown at the right time to stop the high number of deaths, Only way to do that is to monitor the numbers in the ICU and see the pattern.
    Pattern not showing that yet.

We are no where near LEvel 5, hopefully we will stay that way also.

Because people won't stay in their own counties.

Why come out with this plan and not follow it at all? Its a joke.

Waiting for deaths to rise is not the answer for a lockdown. What we need to do is only do a lockdown at the right time to stop the high number of deaths, Only way to do that is to monitor the numbers in the ICU and see the pattern.

This has been the mantra for weeks if not months at this stage.

Yet despite that, despite the rising cases, despite the daily dose of finger-wagging from NPHET, despite the reports of people not masking up or violating the guidelines, the number of deaths remains stable and extremely low.

What does that tell you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

froog wrote: »
    yep. i think level 3 is perfectly adequate to reduce the r number below 1 if we have full public buy in and compliance. which we do not. so it's either level 5 with current noncompliance levels or level 3 vigorously enforced.

Doubt if the public will pull with restrictions this time.

1. They have enough of restrictions
    2. They know no one will enforce these restrictions

I'm sick to death of people whinging about NPHET and the Governmment all the time.

Aim your anger at the people who are causing the spread of the disease by not following guideline like the majority of people
    Fools marching re wearing of face masks. Either wear one or dont but feck off with your protests.
    I dont like the masks and I feel they are probably leading to less caution by people when wearing them but of course I'll wear them when asked. No big deal

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement