Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part V - **Read OP for Mod Warnings**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

1 thing is for sure, Noxx has said some very nasty few words when watching TV announcement just now.

:pac:

In all seriousness - this means that restaurant chain in Dublin are going to go ahead and sue the government against these idiotic restrictions?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Waiting for deaths to rise is not the answer for a lockdown. What we need to do is only do a lockdown at the right time to stop the high number of deaths, Only way to do that is to monitor the numbers in the ICU and see the pattern.
    Pattern not showing that yet.

We are no where near LEvel 5, hopefully we will stay that way also.

What then, what's the plan after this lockdown you want, do it again?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,732 ✭✭✭Allinall

1 thing is for sure, Noxx has said some very nasty few words when watching TV announcement just now.

:pac:

In all seriousness - this means that restaurant chain in Dublin are going to go ahead and sue the government against these idiotic restrictions?

No chance. They're only huffing and puffing.

It would be throwing away money and they know it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭bloopy

Moving to Level 5 is ‘only’ way to control Covid-19 and keep schools open - NPHET
    Letter to Minister for Health says current measures failing to get a handle on disease

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/moving-to-level-5-is-only-way-to-control-covid-19-and-keep-schools-open-nphet-1.4372401

How can anyone defend NPHET? These lot are clueless. Wanted us in strictest lockdown in EU post May. Fkn hell

DISBAND those inept clowns

What happened last night may be the beginning of the end of it. The fury unleashed was not something I was expecting.
    A level 3 lockdown may be announced, but I think it will be harder to enforce than if NPHET had kept quiet last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,482 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Such a 1st world illness, exaggerated by selfish comments like above.

10 million starved to death this year, and look at the nonsense here.

If I'm not hungry no else is

Selfish ? Yeah wanting people to behave and go with restrictions to keep people well, healthy and alive, completely selfish ;)

Starving ? I can’t do anything about that! But I CAN do something about covid :). We were discussing covid :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,053 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Moving to Level 5 is ‘only’ way to control Covid-19 and keep schools open - NPHET
    Letter to Minister for Health says current measures failing to get a handle on disease

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/moving-to-level-5-is-only-way-to-control-covid-19-and-keep-schools-open-nphet-1.4372401

How can anyone defend NPHET? These lot are clueless. Wanted us in strictest lockdown in EU post May. Fkn hell

DISBAND those inept clowns

I'm telling you they announced those Historic deaths on Saturday (after denotifying 6 the day before) to scare people and the government into accepting their coming recommendations.
    I knew there was something fishy about it all.
    It's almost farcical in it's obviousness.

Tony will need to go back to retirement as he has egg on his face now and his reputation (and probably ego) is irreversibly damaged

• Registered Users Posts: 9,482 ✭✭✭weisses

How many of ye are posting from as Smyths toys queue
    ?

Allinall wrote: »

As were Ryanair who showed to the entire country that govts travel restrictions are advisory or guidance at best...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

What an absolute farce and we're supposed to trust these experts!

They've seriously fvckd whatever trust they had with the majority of the population before they started this sh1t show!

https://twitter.com/christinafinn8/status/1313133834834186247?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭Storm 10

I read today that the Government were fuming with Tony for leaking this to the media last night and not telling them anything, they also said it was a completely wrong thing to do to release it on Sunday and all the worry and stress that it had caused.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,732 ✭✭✭Allinall

As were Ryanair who showed to the entire country that govts travel restrictions are advisory or guidance at best...

Trust me. It's not going to happen with the Pressup Group.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭hynesie08

If they're told they can't open, they very much might, they don't want to win, they want the government to say there's no legally binding order to close so they can reopen their doors.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭bloopy

What an absolute farce and we're supposed to trust these experts!

They've seriously fvckd whatever trust they had with the majority of the population before they started this sh1t show!

https://twitter.com/christinafinn8/status/1313133834834186247?s=20

I have said it before. NPHET has been attempting to undermine the government for the last few weeks by releasing statements or leaks to RTE and journalists.
    Lasts nights announcement was more of the same. They have a motive which is at odds with the government.

Trust me. It's not going to happen with the Pressup Group.

Idk. I think regardless how biased judges are, to most people it will seem to be disproportionate to lockdown certain businesses when there is no evidence that those businesses accounted for any sizeable or meaningful chunk of new cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,290 ✭✭✭RoryMac

bloopy wrote: »
    What happened last night may be the beginning of the end of it. The fury unleashed was not something I was expecting.
    A level 3 lockdown may be announced, but I think it will be harder to enforce than if NPHET had kept quiet last night.

Yeah Tony judged the situation all wrong, tried to force the Gov hand but for once they showed some balls and stood up to him.

The Gov need to go off now and put together a proper plan of how we live with this going forward and keep the economy up and running as best we can. We need proper data now from NPHET when announcing numbers, explanations of the clusters, how & where they are happening, proper detail on the hospitalisation cases, proper detail on the deaths around age profiles and underlying conditions.

I think the last 24 hours has been a big blow for NPHET with their advise now open to questioning and it seems more of the media now willing to ask the questions rather than blindly following

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

What then, what's the plan after this lockdown you want, do it again?

Where did i say we want lockdown? You drunk again?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Tone on RTE R1 is that NPHET/Tony got this one badly wrong and the "plan" in general. Confusing and messy are words being used - and that's from George Lee!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

BPKS wrote: »
    Another case of making it up as they go along.

They spend weeks coming up with the 5 Level framework.

Dublin and Donegal were moved to Level 3 because of the rates per 100,000.

Now we have a case that Leitrim with 18 per 100,000 are going to be moved to Level 3 - the same as Donegal with 233 per 100,000 and Dublin with 168 per 100,000.

What was the point in bringing in this 5 Level framework where different counties can be treated differently depending on the rate if they are just going to lump the whole country in together again.

You do realise that the fight against Covid is being made up as they go along in every country in the world?

They react to events and numbers as they happen. It's a not a rigid plan set months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭VonLuck

Does anyone know what the additional measures will be in Dublin, or when will they announce it?

There seems to be a LOT of annoyance in Government circles about the activities of the last 18/24 hours.

• Advertisement

VonLuck wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the additional measures will be in Dublin, or when will they announce it?

Cabinet meeting at 5:30 per the Indo link above. It'll probably be announced during the 6.1 or 9pm news

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭VG31

I wonder can Tony be asked to step aside?

Tony should have stepped aside long before anyone had heard of Covid.

I have same question.

The indoor dinning ban was not in line with level 3.

if level 3 announced for whole country - that excludes indoor dinning ban for Dublin also??

• Registered Users Posts: 10,053 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

bloopy wrote: »
    I have said it before. NPHET has been attempting to undermine the government for the last few weeks by releasing statements or leaks to RTE and journalists.
    Lasts nights announcement was more of the same. They have a motive which is at odds with the government.

They need to be taken off TV immediately and numbers only given on a weekly basis.

Maybe get Donnelly to do a weekly press conference with only one member of NPHET present.

They also need to ditch the tweeting from their personal accounts and only announce their recommendations after Government has approved them instead of using that public platform to force government to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,290 ✭✭✭RoryMac

No change for Dublin or Donegal, the rest of the country joins them on level 3

weisses wrote: »
    ?

Just order online from them. Why people Q i never know.

Just reading various bits and pieces it seems like the government are furious with Tony and relationship is in a bad place. Not great for the country really.

Really think Tony should step down after this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

weisses wrote: »
    ?

And this kind of madness is why we can't get a handle on the rising numbers

RoryMac wrote: »
    No change for Dublin or Donegal, the rest of the country joins them on level 3

But does indoor dinning ban remain though in Dublin??
    Doesnt make sense it would and not for rest of d country?

• Advertisement

I have same question.

The indoor dinning ban was not in line with level 3.

if level 3 announced for whole country - that excludes indoor dinning ban for Dublin also??

Same restrictions in Dublin will apply every where I say

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement