Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part V - **Read OP for Mod Warnings**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

Same restrictions in Dublin will apply every where I say

You are no Noxx.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭obi604

bloopy wrote: »
    I have said it before. NPHET has been attempting to undermine the government for the last few weeks by releasing statements or leaks to RTE and journalists.
    Lasts nights announcement was more of the same. They have a motive which is at odds with the government.

sorry for the ignorance here, but what is NPHET's motive?

why are they attempting to undermine the government, what are they going to achieve by this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Was it newstalk by chance?

If it was Newstalk why would I say Radio 1?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,845 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Cabinet meeting at 5:30 per the Indo link above. It'll probably be announced during the 6.1 or 9pm news

RTE R1 saying that Micheal Martin expected to do an update during the 9PM news

Fully expect it'll be leaked by the Indo/IT before that.

obi604 wrote: »
    sorry for the ignorance here, but what is their motive?

why are they attempting to undermine the government, what are they going to achieve by this?

Having more power.

I personally am unsure whether NPHET recommend or direct.

But this time they recommended. Thankfully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,571 ✭✭✭Penfailed

But does indoor dinning ban remain though in Dublin??
    Doesnt make sense it would and not for rest of d country?

It'll be the same countrywide. There's an indoor dining ban in Donegal currently.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭obi604

Having more power.

I personally am unsure whether NPHET recommend or direct.

But this time they recommended. Thankfully.

but more power for what reason?

like what will this extra power achieve really?

Penfailed wrote: »
    It'll be the same countrywide. There's an indoor dining ban in Donegal currently.

Thats not in line with Level 3 of the govt map.

I have a feeling it will be reversed in Dublin and Donegal, as there was very little factual proof that covid was rampant in restaurants.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭blowitupref

At least 10 counties should have remained at level 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

You are no Noxx.

Is that an insult or compliment :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,261 ✭✭✭RoryMac

I stand corrected, if the rest of the country are going to level 3 and not the 3.75 Dublin are on then indoor dining will still remain

Is that an insult or compliement :D

I dont know :D:D:D:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,718 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

With the numbers in dublin I doubt they will change that.
    They will say dublin is 3.5 or 3 plus or some other confusing nonsense

RoryMac wrote: »
    I stand corrected, if the rest of the country are going to level 3 and not the 3.75 Dublin are on then indoor dining will still remain

It has to. otherwise 50,000 + restaurant staff outside of Dublin go on PUP.

And all those pubs workers too......

Thats not in line with Level 3 of the govt map.

I have a feeling it will be reversed in Dublin and Donegal, as there was very little factual proof that covid was rampant in restaurants.

Facts never comes into it with

NPHETs only real motivation right now is to stop Covid. They don’t care about at what cost.

They didn’t even consult the HSE about hospital capacity.

They leaked the level 5 thing to the media to put pressure on the government.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,845 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

It's not a power grab by NPHET/HSE in my view. There's no need. The current and previous Government have already handed over much of the decision-making process to them anyway.. although that balance may shift dramatically after the last 24 hours!

The motive is to cover several points...

- They don't KNOW how many are actually infected/dying FROM CV-19 (watch the videos on the Michael McNamara thread)

- Despite the (successful) public efforts to "flatten the curve" in April, they have squandered that time bought. They should have been ramping up and preparing for the autumn/winter months when the health system is under additional pressure anyway every year - instead they've done nothing!

This is why they're finger-wagging daily and threatening more restrictions. Because (not for the first time!) they have completely failed to manage the healthcare of this country.

There will be Tribunals and Inquiries when this is all finally over, mark my words.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,328 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

NPHETs only real motivation right now is to stop Covid. They don’t care about at what cost.

They didn’t even consult the HSE about hospital capacity.

They leaked the level 5 thing to the media to put pressure on the government.

To put pressure on the government and to cover their arses.

If things get any more tits up they’ve publicly been seen as doing their job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Just reading various bits and pieces it seems like the government are furious with Tony and relationship is in a bad place. Not great for the country really.

Really think Tony should step down after this.

He stayed on after the Cervical Cancer mess, he's a neck like a jockeys bawbag. He's going nowhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Did you ever see someone given some extra minor powers in work, who then get drunk on it and want more and more, eventually overstepping the mark and getting stripped of their powers and castigated??? Thats NPHET.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭bloopy

If we knew that, there wouldn't be so much confusion.
    But watching the likes of McConkey and Glynn over the last few weeks, I believe that they're focus on "Zero Covid" has become almost ideological in nature.
    Their behavior may be an attempt to force the government into this strategy regardless of the chances of success.

Obviously this is just conjecture.
    Their real reasons may be completely different to anything we think.
    But they have been undermining government announcements for a while now - i.e. they had turned the 5 point plan into a farce mere hours after it had been announced.

He stayed on after the Cervical Cancer mess, he's a neck like a jockeys bawbag. He's going nowhere.

It was a power move by Tony that failed. Going to the media first was stupid considering the public view right now.

Think he thought he was the man with the earlier media attention last week

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭greengrass88

So restaurants and pubs are allowed to open under level 3? But just not in dublin/donegal level 3?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

There's needs to be an end goal for this plan

3 weeks then a week before it ends a further 3 weeks then repeat repeat repeat

Tony should really be reprimanded for this. He has made the other members of NPHET look extremely weak. They didn’t even want level 3 a few days ago... He is back 1 day and goes completely against them. How do NPHET operate? Surely consensus is needed?

Tony has also put the government in a difficult position. They don’t want to reject health advise but they have to if it’s nonsensical.

I wonder can Tony be asked to step aside?

He was asked to resign twice before due to the CS scandal. Doubt he'll go now if asked.

So restaurants and pubs are allowed to open under level 3? But just not in dublin/donegal level 3?

That would be nonsense.

But, a lot of things are nonsense nowadays... but still fingers crossed.

Everyone will be the same as Dublin/Donegal.

Otherwise its pointless as people will leave Dublin for the country

Everyone will be the same as Dublin/Donegal.

Otherwise its pointless as people will leave Dublin for the country

The govt "living with covid" plan is pointless if indoor dinning gets banned in the entire country.

Also - will we be the first EU country to do that post May this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

He was asked to resign twice before due to the CS scandal. Doubt he'll go now if asked.

He went rogue by the looks of it, deliberately tried to undermine the government. If true I dont think the government has any other option but to fire him.

• Advertisement

He went rogue by the looks of it, deliberately tried to undermine the government. If true I dont think the government has any other option but to fire him.

He should have sacked along time ago.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement