Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part V - **Read OP for Mod Warnings**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,571 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Thats not in line with Level 3 of the govt map.

I have a feeling it will be reversed in Dublin and Donegal, as there was very little factual proof that covid was rampant in restaurants.

I hope you're right.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

Penfailed wrote: »
    I hope you're right.

Perhaps, as counter intuitive as it may feel, me and you should go for a friendly lunch indoors, say Bunsen burgers to celebrate? Discuss restrictions. And how you've been a d*ck to me in this thread for the last 5 months? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,845 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Gerry Kileen on R1 just now seems very put out that NPHET's "advice" looks to be rejected tonight and reminding me of Alec Baldwin at the end of Team America trying to win the crowd back :rolleyes:

Cormac Lucey providing some much needed balance and perspective.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Doyler99

He should have sacked along time ago.

Can only the health minister sack the CMO? Whats the chain of command?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Hand in Your Pants

There'll be a lot of people crying into their curtains tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,157 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

It has to. otherwise 50,000 + restaurant staff outside of Dublin go on PUP.

And all those pubs workers too......

Level 3 refers to bars and restaurants remaining open but with further restrictions. I reckon the further restrictions are what we are seeing in Donegal. Outdoor for no more than 15.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,690 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Perhaps, as counter intuitive as it may feel, me and you should go for a friendly lunch indoors, say Bunsen burgers to celebrate? Discuss restrictions. And how you've been a d*ck to me in this thread for the last 5 months? :)

This isn't a dating site! ;)

Kiss n make up on your own time! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭3xh

There'll be a lot of people crying into their curtains tonight.

Twud drive some of us to drink-driving......!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

hynesie08 wrote: »
    4/10, at least you used paragraphs

At least you're admitting all you really care about is Christmas pints.... .

And if that's what he's worried about, he's deluded. If we follow Nox's line of thinking, it will be well into next year before things are back to normal. I'm starting to realise that people like Nox think that a highly restrictive lockdown will have this under control in mere weeks. Others realise that even if we did that, it will not be resolved that quickly so we need to figure out how to move forward and find ways to live with the virus until a vaccine materialises.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,053 ✭✭✭✭rob316

So restaurants and pubs are allowed to open under level 3? But just not in dublin/donegal level 3?

No, no indoor dining allowed so effectively closed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭FrStone

When do we expect level 3 to be effective? Not sure if i need to go and enjoy the last legal pint tonight or tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 18,053 ✭✭✭✭rob316

FrStone wrote: »
    When do we expect level 3 to be effective? Not sure if i need to go and enjoy the last legal pint tonight or tomorrow

From midnight is the usual procedure.

FrStone wrote: »

this is so sad :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭obi604

What does level 3 mean for Wet pubs, its a bit unclear

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

obi604 wrote: »

Closed i think

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Breaston Plants

They are bringing in a rule that anyone that uses the term " wet pubs" gets a public flogging .

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Closed i think

Jaysus. Strong possibility Dublin wet pubs will be closed for a record 12 months.

Unreal. absolutely unreal.

Zero new deaths again today

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The new level will finish at midnight on the 27th Oct

Another BH gone

_Kaiser_ wrote: »

unbelievable.

How does this nonsense of level 3 for whole country when at least 10 counties barely have 10 cases per 100,000 ???

Actually scratch that. cases have nothing to do with anything. nobody even dies..... now we are going to level 3 to keep people who are concerned about cases happy..... :rolleyes::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Open with restrictions up to and including outdoor service only.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭obi604

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Open with restrictions up to and including outdoor service only.

still unclear :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,379 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Not fully true.

On average 80 people die a day in this country.

If its not a Covid death the virtue signallers dont give a ****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Hand in Your Pants

unbelievable.

How does this nonsense of level 3 for whole country when at least 10 counties barely have 10 cases per 100,000 ???

Actually scratch that. cases have nothing to do with anything. nobody even dies..... now we are going to level 3 to keep people who are concerned about cases happy..... :rolleyes::mad:

It's to keep the curtain twitchers, hypochondriacs and third reichers happy. You know the ones, calling for sniffer dogs on the street, 500 euro fines for young ones having a drink, tearing up the constitution etc. etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

NPHET saying ICU beds will reach capacity by Oct 25. this seems to be what drove the level 5 push.

George Lee talking through lots of scary numbers from NPHET on the 6.1 there.

The one plus is that it looks even more like they're crying wolf again after today's events.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭walus

walus wrote: »
    Could this be a PR game to change people’s perception of the government? At this stage it must have crossed their minds that society think of the government as weak and one that abdicated the decision making to nphet. As the information of new nphet recommendation was leaked again, there is a small chance that this time, its purpose is different. This time they may go against the advice and increase the level of restrictions to 3 instead of 5. This PR stunt could win them a few brownie points and may make them look in control. If they have any brains, that is how they should play this round.
    If they put the country on level 5 as per the recommendation, they are doomed.

Glad to see my own prediction of today’s events come true. If only predicting the lotto numbers was as easy.
    Looks to me that PR people are doing what they are paid to do. Let’s see what next week brings.

”Where’s the revolution? Come on, people you’re letting me down!”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Jizique

They are going to have to start fiddling the death numbers to get any buy in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

walus wrote: »
    Glad to see my own prediction of today’s events come true. If only predicting the lotto numbers was as easy.
    Looks to me that PR people are doing what they are paid to do. Let’s see what next week brings.

I don’t think it was a PR move, just a titanic misjudgment of public mood and government position from Tony. His ego got the better of him and he has some yes men in nphet who were happy to egg him on.

I’d say he has to go but this is the bloke who looked people in the eye after the cervical check scandal and refused to step down! Despite his own wife suffering from cancer! There is no effing way he’s going to step down. I think he’ll make a move for level 5 again in the coming weeks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,583 ✭✭✭✭kippy

George Lee talking through lots of scary numbers from NPHET on the 6.1 there.

The one plus is that it looks even more like they're crying wolf again after today's events.

I think there are 40 beds free in ICU at the moment.
    At the current rate of case increases we'll be at 1000 cases a day next week. At those numbers (and event he ones we have today) it's likely that unfortuantely the older and those with underlying conditions will end up in those numbers and that will invariably lead to more hostpitalisations and possibly ICU use.

Only an idiot would suggest that things will be fine without further intervention.

Obviously that has consequences for jobs/economy and most importantly peoples mental health.

While appreciating all of the above, I am most annoyed that we:
    1. Dont have more capacity in ICU now. We are six months down the line - granted, this has shown our health system to be a mess, if ever we needed reminding.
    2. Same for beds in general. We don't have that much capacity in general, 6 months down the line.
    3. Testing and contact tracing. I still don't think this is efficient enough. Again 6 months down the line with unemployment high and a seemingly unlimited budget one would have expected this area to have improved dramaticilly.

No, taking into account all of the three above, we don't really have much choice (in my opinion) but to force people into reducing their social contacts for the benefit of the majority.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement