Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part V - **Read OP for Mod Warnings**

Options

Comments

BoatMad wrote: »
    Your body has to fight to stay warm in damp and inhospitable conditions , that encourages all sorts of pathogens like flues colds an yes Covid

Force people into those environments and watch poor heath outcomes rocket

Not to mention alcohol is the absolute worst thing to give a person feeling cold

Europe is cracking up laughing at us. Wait till this one gets out

PS what about all the various bye-law bans on outdoor public drinking !!!

How about just stay at home? Eat and home and drink at home! No one should be gong to pubs or restaurants at the moment anyway it’s a highly risky thing to do and I cannot understand why people are going it. I haven’t eaten in a restaurant or drank in a pub since march and I’m doing just fine - plenty of food in the shop or takeaway and plenty of drink in the off-licence.

The fact is if the government had balls they would have gone to level 5 and forced the hand of people who just can’t stay away from pubs or restaurants. Let them sit outside and get sick, might teach them a lesson to stay at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

How about just stay at home? Eat and home and drink at home! No one should be gong to pubs or restaurants at the moment anyway it’s a highly risky thing to do and I cannot understand why people are going it. I haven’t eaten in a restaurant or drank in a pub since march and I’m doing just fine - plenty of food in the shop or takeaway and plenty of drink in the off-licence.

The fact is if the government had balls they would have gone to level 5 and forced the hand of people who just can’t stay away from pubs or restaurants. Let them sit outside and get sick, might teach them a lesson to stay at home.

:D:D:D:D:D

Nox, this thread should be renamed. "Relaxation of restrictions, Part Nox"

Absolute legendary quotes here.

Will they be mad enough to ban indoor dinning in Co Mayo that has as many covid cases as Nox had trips to the restaurants since March?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Thank Christ my job is considered essential, I leave the house everyday. Some of the lockdown merchants should try it. Good for ones mental health.

Theyve agreed to move whole country to level 3. Bizarrely. But it is unclear whether extra restrictions imposed in Dublin will apply elsewhere. that is the real deal.

Long story short though, Croke Park wont see any fans until 2021. Maybe 2022. While Dortmund game had 10,000 + fans in the stadium on 18th of September.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

If you stay at home and be quiet , now we’d be on to something

You do what you want , the rest of us will get on with life thanks. Your rights stop at my nose

• Registered Users Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

Theyve agreed to move whole country to level 3. Bizarrely. But it is unclear whether extra restrictions imposed in Dublin will apply elsewhere. that is the real deal.

Long story short though, Croke Park wont see any fans until 2021. Maybe 2022. While Dortmund game had 10,000 + fans in the stadium on 18th of September.

But wet pubs stay open , a kind of level :3 minus

• Registered Users Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Donald Trump feels like he's in his 50s.

Never felt better

Thank Christ my job is considered essential, I leave the house everyday. Some of the lockdown merchants should try it. Good for ones mental health.

I feel sorry for you they you can’t avail of the massive advantages of WFH. It has been a major positive for a large proportion of the population accelerating the move to WFH.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,690 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

:D:D:D:D:D

Nox, this thread should be renamed. "Relaxation of restrictions, Part Nox"

Absolute legendary quotes here.

You see these are the unintentional and undesirable consequences of the successes in rolling out Broadband to the most rural of areas. You have every obNOXious "Bull McCabe" character locked away in their mountain side cabins at the side of The Field, with free reign to express their foul opinions in comments sections everywhere!

Roll back on rural broadband! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    You see these are the unintentional and undesirable consequences of the successes in rolling out Broadband to the most rural areas. You have every obNOXious "Bull McCabe" character with free reign to express their foul opinions in comments sections everywhere!

Roll back on rural broadband! :rolleyes:

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Drinks Guinness like a demon :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,450 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

I feel sorry for you they you can’t avail of the massive advantages of WFH. It has been a major positive for a large proportion of the population accelerating the move to WFH.

On the other hand, at least they don't have a massive oedipus complex.

Thousands will be put out of work with this move to level 3. It’s beyond a joke now.

I imagine this whole level 5 fiasco was all so they could move to 3 and it doesn’t feel so much like a negative.

If pubs and dining can only do outdoor service, lots may as well stay closed. Not worth the overheads I’d imagine.

Did I hear median age of deaths is now 88?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,690 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Drinks Guinness like a demon :D:D

Too cheap to buy it, probably makes Connemara Moonshine! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

You're clearly an introvert or somewhere in the middle of the range. The kind of social isolation you're describing is the kind of social isolation which legitimately leads to extremely serious mental health crises and self harm among extroverts, particularly when there's no end in sight to it. I know, because I am one of those extrovert. The lack of being able to get together in a group is utterly soul crushing for many, many people. Not just soul crushing in the mild annoyance sense, soul crushing in the "life like this isn't worth living, oh sh!t I'm finding myself thinking that thought more and more lately" sense.

To deny that social isolation takes a toll on physical and mental health is moronic. Study after study has confirmed that loneliness is a killer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

Since as long as I can remember, our health service has been a laughing stock. Brendan Gleeson went on the Late Late Show one night and sat there crying at the treatment of his dying mother. No bed for her. She died on a trolley. No dignity. Government after government promised to tackle this but their solution was to pump billions upon billions without improvement.

€21bn was sunk into the HSE in 2019, we currently have one of the lowest rates of ICU beds in Europe. Ireland, the richest country in Europe per capita. Highest number of college graduates in Europe per capita. Voted as 4th best country in Europe to live, extremely high standard of living.

Here we are now, 7 months into a global pandemic and our government have done little to improve our ICU shortfall, they've done nothing really.

Governments kicked the HSE can down the road year after year, election after election and now it laid bare for all to see. It's caught up with us.

We will now pay for this in the worst way possible, our livelihoods and our freedom.

Whats scares me most is not Covid19, not money but how easily the vast majority of Irish people give up their freedom.

No questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭walus

Thousands will be put out of work with this move to level 3. It’s beyond a joke now.

I imagine this whole level 5 fiasco was all so they could move to 3 and it doesn’t feel so much like a negative.

If pubs and dining can only do outdoor service, lots may as well stay closed. Not worth the overheads I’d imagine.

Did I hear median age of deaths is now 88?

Quite possible that level 3 is all what they wanted. They put a fake anchor at level 5, so that everyone now thinks we got a great deal. The government came out triumphant from this one as they played a nice PR game. Once again, PR people know a thing or two on psychology. Nicely done.

”Where’s the revolution? Come on, people you’re letting me down!”

• Registered Users Posts: 17,212 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Absolute nonsense speculation above. NPHET care about the health of the general population, that’s it. The government have to worry about finances, we're already in a hole, another lock-down would probably cripple some parts of the economy, beyond recovery. The government have gambled, are they right, well that is the question?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,110 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Do hospitals allow patients who are dying have visitors?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

It could be slightly worse, New Zealand is utterly destroyed.

Jacinda will hopefully accountable for what she has overseen.

A depression never before seen, the country is in utter ruins

• Advertisement

Quite the opposite they have shown how to manage the virus, they are the poster boys on how to deal with covid. If we only had someone in charge with the balls to do similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭walus

That is interesting Fintan. Can you give links to the sources of this info? Thanks.

”Where’s the revolution? Come on, people you’re letting me down!”

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Quite the opposite they have shown how to manage the virus, they are the poster boys on how to deal with covid. If we only had someone in charge with the balls to do similar.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/business-54186359

Worst recession in years, 12% drop in the GDP......... Yeah, they're flying.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 396 ✭✭Open the Pubs

What's happening with the pubs anyone?

"It's the economy, stupid!"

That's the reason why they're ignoring NPHET.

6f0ab40897e3004d4f7a175dfd3b7861.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭agoodpunt

Nphet should stand down country need to test at its border and ports enforced quarantine to those who are positive or have symptoms
    track and trace targeted testing open local economy protect jobs and businesses allow social activities do an info blitz
    Danm left wants lockdowns and economic depression FO

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

And

There are sections on this island that are complete ¥0$$€r$, don't care, have never cared, no doubt didn’t watch the Taoiseach's speech just now. It won't change their attitude. I could say cop on here, but, they won't be frequenting sites like this.

hynesie08 wrote: »
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/business-54186359

Worst recession in years, 12% drop in the GDP......... Yeah, they're flying.

They have tiny numbers of cases and deaths though and that’s their priority and should be our priority also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,583 ✭✭✭✭kippy

BoatMad wrote: »
    No evidence air travel is a significant factor in the spread stays suggests 2-3 % of total cases resulting

NPHET have no idea what they are doing , they are just “ reacting “ throwing useless “ solutions “ that have already failed at the problem while all the time creating fear , doom and creating a nice dictatorial empire for themselves

Stand for election hoolahoops and let’s see how u get on

Yawn. That wasn't the point I was making but since you made the point. Over 99 percent of cases if not more are as a direct result of air travel. If air travel were blocked in and out of China we wouldn't be where we are and so on and so forth.
    But that's again not the point I was making. I was stating that NPHET aren't going down the route of a zero covid strategy else we would have been serious about air travel.
    Obviously lost on some posters.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement