Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part V - **Read OP for Mod Warnings**

Options

Comments

Center Parcs Longford closing until 30 October as Level 3 restrictions kick in

A statement from the company apologised to all those who had plans to visit in the coming weeks.

https://www.thejournal.ie/center-parcs-longford-closing-level-3-5225206-Oct2020/

I know PJ will come in with some smart remark now but jesus.. peoples mental health must be at all time low. Cant even do a staycation now. Ironically enough this sort of nonsense will encourage foreign travel....

I'm genuinely saddened to read that.

A lovely young man I know was diagnosed with cancer earlier in the lockdown. It's just gotten worse and worse for him since then, and the latest prognosis is terminal.

Nothing left to do really but take his wife and kids to Centre Parcs for some lasting good memories.

That won't be happening now. :(

McEntee confirms no additional powers for gardaí to enforce Level 3 restrictions
    Ministers defend decision to reject public health emergency team advice on Level 5 move

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/mcentee-confirms-no-additional-powers-for-garda%C3%AD-to-enforce-level-3-restrictions-1.4373407

Noxx must be fuming. Some Guinness cans were thrown just now

thank god. We can see what this is all about now, work, get about ur business, and carry on. And dont listen to crazy NPHET scientists

And this is why we will be at level 5 most likely before the month is out. Instead of making sure you can break the guidelines without getting fined etc why not just try to abide by them and thus help to stop the spread of the virus.

There is a serious mental block when it comes to the anti restrictions crowd, they keep breaking restrictions, restrictions get stricter to combat non compliance and they complain but keep breaking them so restrictions have to get stricter again and so on. I don’t know if it’s stupidity, ignorance or just pure badness.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

And this is why we will be at level 5 most likely before the month is out. Instead of making sure you can break the guidelines without getting fined etc why not just try to abide by them and thus help to stop the spread of the virus.

There is a serious mental block when it comes to the anti restrictions crowd, they keep breaking restrictions, restrictions get stricter to combat non compliance and they complain but keep breaking them so restrictions have to get stricter again and so on. I don’t know if it’s stupidity, ignorance or just pure badness.

Nox you dont have to describe your relations with Gardai. ;)

on a more serious note, average number of deaths with covid since July is less than 1 person a day, do we really need March lockdown? To prevent something that hasnt happened and doesnt look to be happening?

I know you are gonna post deaths will catch up. I read that rubbish back 1st week of Sept... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Rrrrrr2

I'm genuinely saddened to read that.

A lovely young man I know was diagnosed with cancer earlier in the lockdown. It's just gotten worse and worse for him since then, and the latest prognosis is terminal.

Nothing left to do really but take his wife and kids to Centre Parcs for some lasting good memories.

That won't be happening now. :(

Oh dear I’m so sorry reading that. Tough to hear
    One of the worst things about this ****e it not only robs livelihoods but also tone with loved ones. Most people have had enough Now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

I wonder when it comes to the end of the 3 weeks will they judge it County by County or is that completely gone out the window?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,574 ✭✭✭jackboy

bush wrote: »
    I wonder when it comes to the end of the 3 weeks will they judge it County by County or is that completely gone out the window?

They are making it up as they go along so depends how they feel at the time.

Irish Aris wrote: »
    As an Arsenal fan I would argue that if Ozil's offer isn't just a PR stunt (which might be), it is more meaningful. #savegunnersaurus :):D
    bush wrote: »

At this rate I'd be happy for gunnersaurus to decide our restrictions.

Government raids €1.5bn rainy day fund for Budget 2021
    Minister Donohoe says conditions of fund have been met by Covid crisis

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/economy/government-raids-1-5bn-rainy-day-fund-for-budget-2021-1.4373653?mode=sample&auth-failed=1&pw-origin=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.irishtimes.com%2Fbusiness%2Feconomy%2Fgovernment-raids-1-5bn-rainy-day-fund-for-budget-2021-1.4373653

This suggests to me that there is little appetite to borrow anymore. Fintan brace yourself, USC 2.0 coming in April. But dont worry it will be temporary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Hand in Your Pants

Gotta love all the fake dilemmas people are faced with - lockdown now or lockdown later, level five now or level five later etc. etc.
    I know it gave your lives some much needed meaning but the pandemic is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,845 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

6.1 misrepresenting the travel advice saying you MUST remain in your county unless for essential reasons

No, you mustn't. You are requested but not required to.

• Advertisement

Journal idiots commenting "now we had a window to go into full lockdown to bring cases down and then open up a little bit for Xmas"

"but govt blew it, we had our chance now to lower the cases"

God, never gets old :D

5 minutes later in the bulletin the discussion is about the Gardai having no additional enforcement powers.

Does no one edit this programme? No wonder people are confused if this is their primary source for "official" news as it would be for particularly a lot of older people

1 death, 432 cases today.

0 deaths for last 2 days.

Also, 180,000 go on PUP tonight. Seems legit :rolleyes:

Where are those geniuses who were posting in first 2 weeks of Sept "deaths will catch up" ? In what cuckoo land?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Thierry12

Where are those geniuses who were posting in first 2 weeks of Sept "deaths will catch up" ? In what cuckoo land?

Yeah im getting tired of it now too

This site is crap so I cant check your previous posts

Clearly remember you saying deaths with those thousands of cases we are getting wont come and they haven't

WHO estimated 0.13% IFR looks correct here

Its a pity HSE are a joke and we never got O'Leary in there years ago, we are in lockdown over them not this mild virus

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/economy/government-raids-1-5bn-rainy-day-fund-for-budget-2021-1.4373653?mode=sample&auth-failed=1&pw-origin=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.irishtimes.com%2Fbusiness%2Feconomy%2Fgovernment-raids-1-5bn-rainy-day-fund-for-budget-2021-1.4373653

This suggests to me that there is little appetite to borrow anymore. Fintan brace yourself, USC 2.0 coming in April. But dont worry it will be temporary

This one is the biggest indicator that the "we'll spend our way out of this" notion is hitting a wall, whether it be from Europe or the markets, or another factor.

But we're too busy on the news here talking about Trump again. They seem aghast that he's not cowed and frightened after his experience over the last few days, instead telling people not to let Covid dominate their lives.

Whatever else ya might think about the man, that's good advice for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

It occurred to me last night that pubs have been closed for every single public holiday this year.
    Paddy’s day, Easter, the May, June, and August bank holidays and now the October bank holiday too.
    The year is basically a complete write off for the pub trade.

And still people calling for more restrictions and more closures. It’s baffling that we are watching industries being decimated and some are still wanting more of it, it’s easy to see that their livelihoods and futures aren’t the ones being destroyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,539 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Center Parcs Longford closing until 30 October as Level 3 restrictions kick in

A statement from the company apologised to all those who had plans to visit in the coming weeks.

https://www.thejournal.ie/center-parcs-longford-closing-level-3-5225206-Oct2020/

I know PJ will come in with some smart remark now but jesus.. peoples mental health must be at all time low. Cant even do a staycation now. Ironically enough this sort of nonsense will encourage foreign travel....

Aww how cute you thought of me along with your faux mental health concern. Adorable.

SusieBlue wrote: »
    It occurred to me last night that pubs have been closed for every single public holiday this year.
    Paddy’s day, Easter, the May, June, and August bank holidays and now the October bank holiday too.
    The year is basically a complete write off for the pub trade.

And still people calling for more restrictions and more closures. It’s baffling that we are watching industries being decimated and some are still wanting more of it, it’s easy to see that their livelihoods and futures aren’t the ones being destroyed.

That's true. It's easy to pontificate when you're not affected by the consequences.

I'd be one of those who has been working from home since March. Saving money on commuting and random expenses during the day, a lot less tired after work and fine with my own company for the most part.

But I'd never be so blind or arrogant to presume that just because I'm doing OK, that everyone else is fine too.

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    5 minutes later in the bulletin the discussion is about the Gardai having no additional enforcement powers.

Does no one edit this programme? No wonder people are confused if this is their primary source for "official" news as it would be for particularly a lot of older people

The more people that think it’s a law the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Government should lie to their citizens..... What could go wrong.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Gotta love all the fake dilemmas people are faced with - lockdown now or lockdown later, level five now or level five later etc. etc.
    I know it gave your lives some much needed meaning but the pandemic is over.

Interesting article on the bbcnews website today about lockdown fatigue. It basically implied that people are less likely to adhere to strict measures the longer they go on. We would probably never see level 5 adherence like before unless ruthlessly enforced.

Wow- there we have it. They’re so desperate for cash they have to raid a few pennies- Which wouldn’t last one week at the rate cash is being burned through.
    We’ve been saying this couldn’t go on for 6 months plus and constantly dismissed and heckled by the lockdown fantastics.
    I’d say it’s not just appetite- it’s more seriously capacity- we just can’t afford it.
    This was a major reason why they couldn’t go to Level 5 like the doopy daydreamers in Nphet “advised”.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,295 ✭✭✭facehugger99

I'm about to head out to support my local pub before this level 3 nonsense kicks in and closes them again.

Don't call me a hero - I'm only doing what I believe to be right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭uli84

Are hotels operating? i’d like to avail of stay and spend scheme

I'm about to head out to support my local pub before this level 3 nonsense kicks in and closes them again.

I believe the same and please everyone get out and support those businesses still open and doing take aways- they need all that revenue

• Registered Users Posts: 7,897 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

I went last night when i heard about Level 3 but thought it was coming in last night, i cant manage two school nights in a row but have fun :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭snowcat

I remember being ridiculed by the doomsters on this thread back in May when I said the death rate might eventually pan out at .3-.7%. Figures of 7% plus were thrown around and people could not see past the published death rate. Looks like it will be substantially less than the current rate. And thats before the WHO has throw in that possibly a billion people have had the virus already.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,377 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Likewise.

I hope I'm held in the same esteem by those who understand economics, as Dr Tony is by those who don't understand health.

These few will have to cover xmas and new years at this rate

• Registered Users Posts: 18,449 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

I have been asking for months when we will start to see the huge upsurge in deaths that are supposed to accompany the rise in cases, those cases have been rising since the end of July after all.

The lag used to be weeks, then I was told it was actually months before the deaths would come. Now it has been months so I guess those goalposts will have to be moved again soon.

Condolences to all who have lost their lives but the simple fact is that covid deaths remain statistically low and predominant within a particular age group. I would suggest we would be better of accepting that ****ing fact and acting accordingly instead of wasting time and money where it is not needed.

• Advertisement

Had a little chuckle to myself here...it's like something as ridiculous as Nphet would come out with :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement