Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for cardboard box

• 31-07-2020 6:50am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I am returning an item to Amazon and looking to buy a cardboard box or large envelope that would fit:
    40 cm length x 30cm height x 20cm width.

Any place in Limerick where I could buy such a box?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭glomar

bubble wrap it assuming you dont have original packaging drop it in post office

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭thebiglad

You could ask in your supermarket or local shop when you pick up some groceries - they are full of boxes which they are getting rid of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭masterboy123

I have the original packaging of the item but I thought we need to send it back in a covered box or wrap like you mentioned to avoid damage to original package.
    Where do I get bubble wrap easily available?

glomar wrote: »
    bubble wrap it assuming you dont have original packaging drop it in post office

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

I have the original packaging of the item but I thought we need to send it back in a covered box or wrap like you mentioned to avoid damage to original package.

You can buy wrap in Tesco, Deals, Mr Price

Mr Price also sells postage boxes and bags.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭thebiglad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭ChewBerecca

Supermarket or off licence might be able to save you a box if you ask in advance.

From moving houses before, alcohol boxes (prosecco, wine etc) tend to be handy as they're normally heavy duty cardboard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Anonymagician

Back in February a friend was moving overseas and we went to Silkes to see if we could buy shipping boxes. They had none for sale but the person working there brought us in to the back and let us take our pick of tens of boxes they had received stock in that were going for recycling!

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭glomar

as somebody said dealz etc .. returned a badly damaged and boxed guitar last year all i did was tape it back up securely and drop if off at the post office with a returns label no boxing etc

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

If you have the original box, just wrap it in a bin bag and duct tape it up. As above, off licences are good for boxes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Thank you everyone.

So basically I used the cling film and attached the label on it :D

MarkR wrote: »
    If you have the original box, just wrap it in a bin bag and duct tape it up. As above, off licences are good for boxes.

• Advertisement
Advertisement